fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

daily fantasy football fantasy underdog

Trade done

Fantasy football is for fun and sometimes you overpay to get the man you want. I wanted Pitts on my team before the NFL draft. I'm a big Falcons fan so with Atlanta drafting him I wanted him even more . I've won the Championship 3 out of the last 5 years and usually always near the top in total points scored every year for the past couple decades. My team is pretty solid so could afford to go big to get him and that is exactly what I did. TE can be a blackhole if you don't have one of the tops and I'm lacking depth at TE.

Gave up CeeDee Lamb, Zack Moss, 1.08 and my 1st round pick in 2022 for the 1.02. (Odds are my 1st round pick in 2022 is 1.06-1.10)
Team with 1.01 needs RB help bad so we cant imagine he passes on Harris and drafts Pitts but if he does.....Then the person I made this trade with said they would trade me back Lamb, Moss and my picks for Harris if I wanted. We are best friends for like 30 years and he knows I'm paying him this much for his 1.02 is for Pitts and they would love to have Harris.

10 team PPR 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Defense
My team prior to draft

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Tua
RB: Barkley, Gibson, Montgomery, Jacobs, AJ Dillon
WR: Jefferson, Hopkins, Jeudy, DJ Moore, T. Higgins, Juju
TE: Hockenson, Hurst
K: Zuerlein, Crosby
D: Steelers, Dolphins
Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.

Comments

• OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,733
    Massive overpay. But sounds like your just fine w it.
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 4,900

Massive overpay. But sounds like your just fine w it.

Ya fully aware.. I have one of the best rosters in our league and I'm active enough with waivers that I dont mind lossing Z. Moss or the two 1st. Lossing Lamb sucks but I had the WR depth and replacing WRs is easier then TEs. This is what it took to get Pitts and if he turns out to be the player we think he will be over the next couple years then I'm more then happy to pay this price for the enjoyment of having him on my team. Most everyone in our league is from Atlanta so everyone is aware of the possible unicorn he might be. If he was drafted anywhere but ATL the price to get him would have been way cheaper.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,846
    COLLUSION! LOL Enjoy your TE. I'm trying to trade into one league at about the 1.05 spot to get him, as the other 1-4 have greater needs and I can't see them taking him. I did get him in one league where he fell to the 1.07. And then took Lawrence at 1.08. Glad I got one share, trying for two.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Rountree (R), Evans (R), Hawkins (R), Coleman, Pollard, Scott, McFarland WR—Hopkins, Diggs, Lamb, Beasley, TWilliams, Coutee TE—Pitts (R), Tonyan, Graham PK—Lutz, Koo DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Lawrence (R), Big Ben, Minshew, Heinike (R) RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Jeudy, Jefferson, EMoore, Shenault, AMiller, TTerry (R) TE—LThomas, Pitts (R), Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Perine WR—Chase (R), Devonta (R), EMoore (R), Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitzpatrick (R) TE—LThomas, Firkser, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 7,819
    edited May 22
    I've been in three drafts, Harris went #1 in all three, Pitts went #3 in two and #2 in one, guessing by August most drafts will be the same particularly if Jones leaves Atlanta. 1, 10 team ppr Dynasty, 1, 12 team ppr, Dynasty and 1, 10 ppr, Dynasty, Auction league.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,530
    If you're happy with it and you land your guy, that's all that matters. For me, that's far to hefty of a price but I suppose sometimes you've just got to pull the trigger if you really believe in a player. Hope it works out for you in the long run.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,273
    So... MY joruney to Pittsville was a little more convoluted

Traded Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams and Keenan Allen to get 1.02/2.02 and Guyton

While OTC I traded 1.02/3.06 for 1.03/2.10. Najee was gone and I was going to be happy with whoever fell to me at 1.03

Took Pitts at 1.03 / Kadarius Toney at 2.02 and Nico Collins at 2.10. The rebuild is ON.

Happy to have Pitts... Not happy about what he does to my shares of Hayden Hurst
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - T.Lawrence, Z.Wilson, Darnold / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, DJ, K.Johnson, Benjamin, McKissic, Kylin Hill, Chris Evans, Kene Nwangwu
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, K.Toney, T.Marshall, N.Collins, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Guyton / TE - K. Pitts, Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
    2022 Draft Pick TBD
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 2,015
    So, now I have to figure out how to get Lamb from them.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 2,071
    edited May 23
    We play this to win. But it's also gotta be fun or what's the point. You cheering for the best tight end prospect to come out on your favorite team adds value in owning him. Did you overspend? Sure. Would you give up that for Kelce? I would. Your gambling a bit but it should be a fun gamble....

Bills added brieda with singletary and moss....what a mess. Is moss even startable any week this year if no injuries?

Giving up lamb is the toughest piece. Dude looks legit. Don't think he overtakes Cooper but a 1a to 1b scenario seems the likely path. 1000 yards and 7 tds seems to be in his cards...easier to fill wr slots with numbers then tight ends

Future picks. My stance on draft picks tends to be different then most. Outside the top 3 or so I tend to not value them as much. After 3 it's a crapshoot really.

You got your guy. I like it
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,750
    edited May 24
    Whoa, serious overpay. But you got the guy you wanted. I still think you could have pulled this off without Lamb, the two 1st rounder could have been enough but regardless. You have a potential superstar for then next decade. With Jones almost surely out in ATL, the targets will be there on a potent offence.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Whoa, serious overpay. But you got the guy you wanted. I still think you could have pulled this off without Lamb, the two 1st rounder could have been enough but regardless. You have a potential superstar for then next decade. With Jones almost surely out in ATL, the targets will be there on a potent offence.

Maybe in your league. Two late fist round picks is nowhere near enough for the 1.02. in mine. Draft starts in a couple weeks so I'll know then if I have Pitts or if Lamb, Moss and my picks stay with me. I'm not paying this price for Harris.

WTCM said:

Maybe in your league. Two late fist round picks is nowhere near enough for the 1.02. in mine. Draft starts in a couple weeks so I'll know then if I have Pitts or if Lamb, Moss and my picks stay with me. I'm not paying this price for Harris.
    Now I'm confused... The title of this thread is Trade done But your last post suggests it is pending
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - T.Lawrence, Z.Wilson, Darnold / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, DJ, K.Johnson, Benjamin, McKissic, Kylin Hill, Chris Evans, Kene Nwangwu
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, K.Toney, T.Marshall, N.Collins, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Guyton / TE - K. Pitts, Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    2022 Draft Pick TBD

WTCM said:

Now I'm confused... The title of this thread is Trade done But your last post suggests it is pending
    Okay... I did not see the TAKESIES BACKSIES PART
    2022 Draft Pick TBD
    edited May 24

WTCM said:

Okay... I did not see the TAKESIES BACKSIES PART
    Im bad with words at times. Its essentially just waiting to be executed as soon as 1.01 drafts anyone other than Pitts. I've let them know to feel free to shop the pick if they feel can get more. Which if someone willing to pay more then go for it. I'm max on what I'm willing to give
    Actually that is a VERY GOOD OLD FRIEND!!

My best friend since about the age of 9, I will be 69 soon, was in my leagues before he moved to Florida and lost interest in FF. NO CHANCE I would let him out of a deal. ;) ;) ;)
    2022 Draft Pick TBD

Actually that is a VERY GOOD OLD FRIEND!!

My best friend since about the age of 9, I will be 69 soon, was in my leagues before he moved to Florida and lost interest in FF. NO CHANCE I would let him out of a deal. ;) ;) ;)

Its not letting me out of a deal it's always been apart of the deal. To simplify things we are just waiting until 1.01 drafts and then we execute the trade. If Pitts goes 1.01 they will draft Harris instead of trading with me
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,750
    Once Jones is officially out of ATL, I'm sure many can make a case for Pitts being the 1.01, in which case the amount spent of him in this trade would probably be fair. Crazy how things pan out.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 7,819
    edited May 25
    Agree, if you can't get make/deal like Doobie made, you could be spending alot and not get the guy you want come August, or even July.