fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

Deshaun Watson legal trouble

2»

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,673
    The league seems to be taking the Ray Rice approach to this. Goodell probably has the cctv footage in his desk.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,826
    Two more added today for a total of 21 so far.... 🤦‍♂️

I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,787
    Man. I have Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, and Alex Smith. AS I may be dropping, glad I held on to Ben? Guess I need to draft a rookie QB. Poop.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham PK—Lutz DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Tre'Quan, Amendola TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Ito, Perine WR—Claypool, Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitz TE—LThomas, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks
  • DAXDAX Posts: 2,013
    WTCM said:

i don't get it, watson didn't drug and rape any women.
    Its still Wednesday.. give it a few day at this rate
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,110
    If the "we found 18 masseuses who say Deshaun didn't do anything wrong during their encounters" defense is genuinely the best his defense attorney can do, he's in trouble. Who the hell visits this many masseuses?
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2021 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, WR AJ Brown, WR Courtland Sutton, WR Diontae Johnson, WR Laviska Shenault, WR Henry Ruggs
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,934
    LocalKine said:

If the "we found 18 masseuses who say Deshaun didn't do anything wrong during their encounters" defense is genuinely the best his defense attorney can do, he's in trouble. Who the hell visits this many masseuses?

Kraft?
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • footballchixfootballchix Posts: 1,052
    edited April 1
    LocalKine said:

This is a great question. He does travel a lot so this might not be too damaging in terms of volume. If a large number are in Houston that is harder to explain. He has been in Houston awhile, why does he have so many? Most people go the same masseuse after trail and error. I am sure a masseuse with a VIP client would clear the books at the drop of a dime.

Dynasty
    D.Watson. Tua T
    J Jacobs. C Carson. R Mostert. D Henderson.T Pollard. L Fournette
    T Hill. J Jefferson. Ceedee Lamb. Chase Claypool. J Edelman. M Hardman.
    Mark Andrews. C Kmet
    Steelers. Dolphins.
    swampies said:

LocalKine said:

Kraft?
    Nothing slips by you @swampies lol. As far as the actual question goes, there are several league members who have come out and supported Watson in saying its very common to have many (not his actions with them). You'd have to think this type of behavior would eventually catch up to him.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Another plaintiff suing Deshaun Watson has released her name and provided a statement that is a letter to Deshaun Watson. The statement is being read at the press conference.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • fantasyislifefantasyislife Posts: 301
    WTCM said:

Another plaintiff suing Deshaun Watson has released her name and provided a statement that is a letter to Deshaun Watson. The statement is being read at the press conference.

Make that 2 now. Both appeared at the press conference. With a few of the QB needy teams that have made a move for their future QB, I sense that other teams are projecting extensive discipline for Watson.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,826
    Sounds like Bridgewater would be available for Houston. 🤷‍♂️
    It would be amazing if only of these plaintiffs just wanted justices and was not seeking money than I would believe them more personally.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,160
    swampies said:

It would be amazing if only of these plaintiffs just wanted justices and was not seeking money than I would believe them more personally.

Perhaps. But, financial punishment would probably take less time and need fewer jurors. Look how long it took to jail Bill Cosby
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Marriota / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Byrd, DavidMoore, Guyton / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
    2021 Draft Picks 1.02, 1.06, 1.12, 2.02, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06, 5.06
    CoolHand said:

Sounds like Bridgewater would be available for Houston. 🤷‍♂️

What collateral do the Texans have left? Pierre-Louis? Malik Collins? slim pickings
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Nike has suspended its endorsement deal with Deshaun Watson amid the sexual assault and inappropriate behavior allegations made against the Houston Texans quarterback, the company told CNBC on Wednesday.

"We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and have suspended Deshaun Watson. We will continue to closely monitor the situation," Nike said in a statement to the television network.

You know you're in doo doo when Nike bails on you.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • footballchixfootballchix Posts: 1,052
    swampies said:

How much time would this rich man get? Plea deal no time community service. Hurt his pockets.

Dynasty
    D.Watson. Tua T
    J Jacobs. C Carson. R Mostert. D Henderson.T Pollard. L Fournette
    T Hill. J Jefferson. Ceedee Lamb. Chase Claypool. J Edelman. M Hardman.
    Mark Andrews. C Kmet
    Steelers. Dolphins.
    I'm watching the Chauvin trial, seeing cops turn on cops. Wondering how a Watson trial might be. Dude needs to just make a comment, one way or the other.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,711
    I believe his Lawyer has made a statement. Would not expect to see Watson in uniform next season.
    Harris County (Texas) judge has ordered attorney Tony Buzbee to refile a sexual assault case against the Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson with the name of the accuser made public, according to various reports. Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, filed a motion Thursday to strike the complaint filed by one of his 22 accusers, with a requirement that the case be refiled in her real name.

“Salacious allegations about our client (from Tony Buzbee),” Hardin told Judge Dedra Davis, via the Houston Chronicle. “Our client needs to know who our accusers are. We've counted up 25 Facebook posts, Instagram 14 times, and have released private emails.”

Hardin released a statement along with the eight-page filing.

“We have said this before and we want to say it again,” Hardin said, via ProFootballTalk. “Deshaun did not force, coerce or intimidate anyone to do anything against their will. When we asked Mr. Buzbee to identify his clients weeks ago, he refused and told us to file a motion. Today we filed that motion. As discussed in our filing, Mr. Buzbee’s use of anonymous lawsuits violates Texas law and the basic concept of fairness.

"It is clear that, for Mr. Buzbee, this case has never been about seeking justice in a courtroom, but destroying Deshaun’s reputation to enhance his own public profile and enrich himself. While I understand that anonymity often is used as a shield for victims, Mr. Buzbee is using it as a sword. While shielding his clients from public scrutiny, Mr. Buzbee continues to use their anonymous allegations to destroy Mr. Watson. This is simply not right. And we look forward to resolving these matters in court.”
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA