fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

NEWS: Deshaun Watson wants a trade?

SmittySmitty Posts: 9,530

NEWS: Deshaun Watson wants a trade?

NEWS: According to numerous reports, one from ProFootballTalk, Deshaun Watson is potentially thinking about requesting a trade. Watson is said to be upset over the team keeping him out of the loop with roster and hiring decisions.

FANTASY TAKE: It would be an extreme understatement to suggest that Watson has been left out of the loop, proof by the DeAndre Hopkins massacre-of-a-trade that Watson was left in shock about when that went down. This Texans team is a disaster, and the decision-making is some of the worst we’ve ever seen for a sports organization. I wouldn’t fault Watson at all for wanting out of Houston, but his contract makes it a tough move to pull off, as there is supposedly a $21 million cap charge for unloading the stud QB. Still, anything can happen if the price is right and a team like New England overpays.

Possible landing spots:
  • 49ers (cutting Jimmy G would save roughly 24 million)
  • Patriots
  • Jets
  • Panthers
Let’s Talk Dynasty: Whether Watson ...

Read more

- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,976
    People in hell want ice water...
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,512
    I don't see a scenario where Watson gets traded. If HOU is trying to rebuild their team they need him at the helm.

I suppose he could be so fed up with them that he simply refuses to play for the franchise any longer.... I guess we'll see.
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,096
    If he really pushes it...#2 overall pick, Seattle's first-round pick, + 2022 first round-pick. I don't know, the Jets might have the draft capital to pull that off.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2021 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB AJ Dillon, WR AJ Brown, WR Courtland Sutton, WR Diontae Johnson, WR Laviska Shenault, WR Henry Ruggs
  • the_FULL_effectthe_FULL_effect Posts: 2,124
    His team didn't hire a GM for a year and he's now upset about not being a part of roster and hiring decisions?

At least make a request when the team was oscillating between rebuilding and going all in.
    Watson was the Falcons ballboy once upon a time. I would love Atlanta to bring him home.
  • footballchixfootballchix Posts: 1,011
    not sure why he resigned other than injury protection. i would have demanded trade after hopkins.

Dynasty
    D.Watson. Tua T
    J Jacobs. C Carson. R Mostert. D Henderson.T Pollard. L Fournette
    T Hill. J Jefferson. Ceedee Lamb. Chase Claypool. J Edelman. M Hardman.
    Mark Andrews. C Kmet
    Steelers. Dolphins.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,654
    Hearing Denver is in the mix to get Watson. That would be a miracle....
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,759

Hearing Denver is in the mix to get Watson. That would be a miracle....

There’s always Wentz or Hurts.... whichever one isn’t part of the vision in Philly
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,894
    Watson to the Colts is what I want to hear!
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Carolina weirdly showed up as the betting favorite.
    2021 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Christian McCaffrey, RB Dalvin Cook, RB AJ Dillon, WR AJ Brown, WR Courtland Sutton, WR Diontae Johnson, WR Laviska Shenault, WR Henry Ruggs
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,504
    If I was Watson, I'd want to play in either Denver or Indy. Plenty of young talented receivers around me, solid run game, and a defense that keeps me in games.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

If I was Watson, I'd want to play in either Denver or Indy. Plenty of young talented receivers around me, solid run game, and a defense that keeps me in games.

I could be wrong, but while Houston's leverage isn't good, I don't think it's, "trade Watson within the division" bad.
  • footballchixfootballchix Posts: 1,011
    Carolina. SF.

Dallas is a sleeper. Sign and trade Dak. Houston will not have to hit total reset and could possible ask for Dallas first giving up there second round pick. I think that is the best scenario for Houston. Watson wanted to be drafted by Dallas. He will accept that trade regardless of how Jerry controls that team.

Dynasty
    D.Watson. Tua T
    J Jacobs. C Carson. R Mostert. D Henderson.T Pollard. L Fournette
    T Hill. J Jefferson. Ceedee Lamb. Chase Claypool. J Edelman. M Hardman.
    Mark Andrews. C Kmet
    Steelers. Dolphins.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 9,530
    The crazy thing is the Hit, the penalty, for Houston is like 25 to 30 mil, So the deal has to be a Herschel Walker type overpay… Which is totally possible given that it’s the Texans LOL but the deal has to be so incredible… I will say that the interest is so high though by many of these teams, San Fran, probably New York… I can see it happening it’s just gonna be harder than people think
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    I'm curious to know from team fans on this site, what would you trade for Watson? Is he worth two 1st rounders? Maybe a top franchise player? If Stafford is going for a 1st, Watson might haul an entire years worth.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,654
    Radio talk in Denver thinks it will take #9 pick this year plus 1 or 2 more 1sts/Lock/& Fant to get it done. Would throw in Von Miller if they want to pay him 18Mill this year.

That seems too rich for me. Hard Pass
    I would hand over Cousins, and the next two 1st's for Watson. But he's not going to Minnesota sadly. A young franchise QB, you'd be set for the next decade. For fantasy owners, Denver is very ideal, as is Carolina
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    As long as it's not the jets. I hate the jets. Ever since they beat the Colts.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,019

@Kookaburra This is why you and I are kindred spirits. Truly deep seated HATE never dies. I will always have that for the Rams as long as Kroenke is the owner.

BTW... I rooted for the Jets 😁😁😁
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Marriota / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Byrd, DavidMoore, Guyton / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 7,635

@Kookaburra This is why you and I are kindred spirits. Truly deep seated HATE never dies. I will always have that for the Rams as long as Kroenke is the owner.

You know CC, there is a bit of a mean streak in you..... :) =) :o
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,019
    edited January 29
    Iceman said:

You know CC, there is a bit of a mean streak in you..... :) =) :o
    LOL

10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Marriota / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Byrd, DavidMoore, Guyton / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
    edited February 16
    Report: Denver Broncos will pursue Deshaun Watson trade. Please let this fall through.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • WTCM said:

Report: Denver Broncos will pursue Deshaun Watson trade. Please let this fall through.

yes please
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,708
    CAR is in the hunt? Might move CMC and picks? Wow.

D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham PK—Lutz DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Tre'Quan, Amendola TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Ito, Perine WR—Claypool, Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitz TE—LThomas, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks

CAR is in the hunt? Might move CMC and picks? Wow.

Saw this circulating, I suppose it's possible but it turns out it was more of a wet dream for a Panthers journalist than actual reporting.

• Can you imagine Watson with Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Fant, Lindsay & Melvin Gordon.

Except Gordon may be cut for his upcoming salary & suspension.

Give the Texans 3- 1sts Gordon & Justin Simmons
    I like how you think Peter.

Peter King's blockbuster three-way trade proposal:

• #49ers receive Kirk Cousins
    • #Texans receive Jimmy G, the 49ers' 2021 first (1.12), Anthony Barr, Alexander Mattison and the Vikings' 2021 first (1.14), 2023 first, 2022 2nd & 2023 2nd
    • #Vikings receive Deshaun Watson
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,894
    WTCM said:

• #Texans receive Jimmy G, the 49ers' 2021 first (1.12), Anthony Barr, Alexander Mattison and the Vikings' 2021 first (1.14), 2023 first, 2022 2nd & 2023 2nd

🙏 Justin Jefferson 🔥
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • swampies said:

WTCM said:

🙏 Justin Jefferson 🔥
    As an owner of 3 shares I can only dream of this....