fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

📰 Who has NEWS for the NEWSWIRE 📰❓

Comments

• IcemanIceman Posts: 7,624

Trevor Lawrence has labrum injury in left shoulder
    Posted by Josh Alper on February 5, 2021, 4:06 PM EST
    COLLEGE FOOTBALL: JAN 01 Allstate Sugar Bowl Semifinal Game - Ohio State v Clemson
    Getty Images

Quarterback Trevor Lawrence’s path to becoming the first overall pick of the 2021 NFL Draft will include some repair work on his left shoulder.

Lawrence’s agents announced, via multiple reporters, that their client has a labrum injury in that shoulder. It will need to be repaired surgically and that has led to a change of plans for him to throw in front of teams.

Lawrence will throw for teams on February 12 rather than at Clemson’s Pro Day. It seems unlikely that one throwing session would do anything to impact Jacksonville’s decision with the top pick, but that means they’ll still get a chance to see him in action before making anything official.

Per the reports, Lawrence’s doctors are confident he’ll be fine in time for his first NFL training camp.
    This is an uninspiring hire....

Joe Barry DC, Green Bay Packers
    Packers hired Joe Barry as defensive coordinator.

University of Wisconsin DC Jim Leonhard was reportedly offered the job first but turned it down. Barry, 50, was the team's next choice, previously working with coach Matt LaFleur in Los Angeles in 2017 as the assistant linebackers coach to the latter's tenure as QBs coach. This will be Barry's third turn as a defensive coordinator in the league, having held that job previously with the Lions (2007-08) and Washington (2015-16). Barry has never engineered a unit better than 28th in total defense in four seasons as an NFL coordinator.
    Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
    Feb 6, 2021, 6:48 PM ET

Saints facing more league discipline for COVID-19 violations
    Posted by Michael David Smith on February 6, 2021, 7:23 PM EST
    Divisional Round - Tampa Bay Buccaneers v New Orleans Saints
    Getty Images

The NFL is expected to hand down additional discipline against the Saints for violations of the league’s COVID-19 protocols.

The Saints have already been fined a total of $750,000 and stripped of a seventh-round draft pick, while coach Sean Payton was fined $100,000, for two previous violations of league rules. Now NFL Media reports that the Saints are likely to get an even bigger punishment for another violation.

This time the violation involved a person not employed by the team inside the facility. That person had COVID-19 and apparently spread it to Saints running back Alvin Kamara, who had to miss the Saints’ final regular season game because he tested positive.

The Saints could lose additional draft picks for their third offense.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,650
    Seattle had 0 Players test positive w Covid
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,975
    Even Covid doesn't like the weather in Seattle.
    Klint Kubiak OC, Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings hired Klint Kubiak as offensive coordinator.

The NFL's cocoon remains undefeated. Klint Kubiak, 33, will take over for his father, Gary Kubiak, who retired last month after one season as the team's offensive coordinator and 36 years as a coach in the league (including 10 years as a head coach). Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer reportedly wanted to keep the team's offense in place, so the younger Kubiak will allow Kirk Cousins and company to keep the same offensive language and concepts in 2021. Klint spent two seasons as the Vikings' quarterbacks coach after three seasons as Denver's QBs coach. Cousins, Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielan, Dalvin Cook, and Irv Smith give Gary's kid one of the NFL's best skill position groups. Receivers coach Andrew Janocko is expected to become Minnesota's QBs coach.
    Related:

Gary Kubiak, Kirk Cousins

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Feb 8, 2021, 9:23 AM ET
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,496
    edited February 12
    J.J. Watt announced that he and the Texans "have mutually agreed to part ways." Houston, a team that had Watson, Nuk Hopkins and Watt just 2 years ago.

Also:
    Maurkice and Mike Pouncey have announced their joint retirement from the NFL.

Dak Signing with Cowboys, will take $40M per year - NFL Insider

I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Vincent Jackson former Wr was found dead today @11:30am.

Very sad news.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,698
    Only 38 years old. Sad.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham PK—Lutz DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida, Ty Johnson WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Tre'Quan, Amendola TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman PK—Bass DEF—Bears

Superflex:
    QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Hill RB—Kamara, Singletary, Mostert, Cohen, Booker, Ito, Perine WR—Claypool, Beasley, MJones, Ward, Pascal, Hardman, Reynolds, Higgins, Tre'Quan, Fitz TE—LThomas, Graham, Hurst, Kmet PK—Gano DEF—Seahawks
    Very Sad,
  • so young and so sad
    Awful news
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Ex-NFL star Vincent Jackson "suffered from chronic alcoholism" -- and it appears to have been a factor in his death, this according to law enforcement.

Sheriff Chad Chronister of the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office in Florida revealed the findings from Jackson's autopsy Wednesday on the "MJ Morning Show" saying -- "We got the autopsy report that will be released today showed, unfortunately, he suffered from chronic alcoholism. Just tragic!"

Sheriff Chronister says officials are still waiting on the toxicology report to come back before they can issue an official cause of death -- but he notes Jackson had "long-standing health conditions that contributed to his passing because of some alcohol abuse."

The whole situation was bizarre considering Jackson made more than $70 million in his NFL career and was widely loved in the community by family, friends and law enforcement.

So, why was he at that hotel alone? Sheriff Chronister has a theory ...

"Well this is true speculation but what the family is telling me is that he suffered from CTE. They believe he had a lot of concussion problems and when you suffer from that, you're not yourself."

Sheriff Chronister noted how involved Jackson was in the community.

"He would never say no! He's the person you would call 'Hey I have something we wanna do for a child in need, a family in need, a military member in need' and he was always there. I don't know how he balanced his schedule."
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    edited February 18
    The Eagles have agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick, per @AdamSchefter

The conditional second-rounder in 2022 becomes a first-rounder if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps or 70 percent and the team makes the playoffs.

Hopefully he can turn his career around.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,892
    WTCM said:

The Eagles have agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick, per @AdamSchefter

The conditional second-rounder in 2022 becomes a first-rounder if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps or 70 percent and the team makes the playoffs.

Hopefully he can turn his career around.

The Carson Wentz era is over in Philadelphia.
    The Eagles have agreed to trade Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-rounder and a conditional second-rounder in 2022, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The conditional second-rounder in 2022 becomes a first-round pick if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps in 2021, or 70 percent and the Colts make the playoffs, Garafolo added.
    ESPN first reported the news.
    Wentz signed a four-year, $128 million extension with Philadelphia in 2019. The No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft won a title with the Eagles during the 2017 season, but did not play in Super Bowl LII.
    In Indianapolis, Wentz will replace the retired Philip Rivers as the Colts' starting QB. Jalen Hurts is slated to take over for Wentz in Philly.
    Around the NFL will have more on Wentz's trade shortly.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 4,892
    I have Pittman Jr and I have mixed feelings about this trade. I can only hope Wentz can snap out of his rut he’s been in
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    A timeline of Carson Wentz & the Eagles

2016: Eagles trade five picks for the No. 2 to get Wentz
    2017: Tears ACL after 10-2 start before Super Bowl LII
    2019: Eagles sign Wentz to a $128M extension
    2021: Eagles trade Wentz and get the biggest dead cap hit in NFL history ($33.8M)
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Roger Goodell COM, NFL
    The NFL informed teams the salary cap for the 2021 season will be a minimum of $180 million.

The NFL and NFLPA initially agreed that the minimum salary cap would be no lower than $175 million for this upcoming season, increasing $5 million on that agreement. The league has increased its salary cap every year since having an uncapped season in 2010 but a significant increase doesn't appear to be in the cards for 2021. As it stands, the Jaguars are projected with the most cap space at $77.6 million.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Feb 18, 2021, 11:26 AM ET
  • Tiger Woods in a single car accident this morning, & looks to be serious.

Tiger Woods in a single car accident this morning, & looks to be serious.

He was just playing a quick round with Dwayne Wade not a few hours ago.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Wade kicked the hell out if him on the course, Woods still in the Hosp.... :# :o
    Deshaun Watson QB, Houston Texans
    ESPN's Dan Graziano reports Deshaun Watson met with new Texans coach David Culley last Friday and "reiterated that he wants to be traded and told Culley he has no intention of playing for the Texans again."

If hiring Culley was the Texans' last-ditch gambit to keep their franchise player, it didn't work. It appears Watson may be Carson Palmer-level committed. Palmer sat out the beginning of the 2011 season before the Bengals finally traded him to the Raiders. The Texans have been adamant, both publicly and via leak, that Watson will not be dealt. For his part, Watson continues to further dig in. Someone is going to have to blink, and it will probably be the Texans. Even in a league where teams hold all the cards, players of Watson's stature typically get a deal when things devolve to this point. It's not a good situation for anybody when a star is kept against their will.
    Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter
    Feb 25, 2021, 3:14 PM ET
    Russell Wilson QB, Seattle Seahawks
    Russell Wilson's agent tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that he has not requested a trade, but that if he were dealt, he would waive his no-trade clause for the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders or Bears.

It's a trade request by another name. Various national media sources have taken great pains to report Wilson's relationship with coach Pete Carroll could still be patched up, but neither side is working very hard to tamp down the flames. This situation appears further along than Deshaun Watson's with Houston. Wilson has expressed discontent only to make up with Seattle before, but the odds he is dealt are very real, if not inevitable.
    Related:

Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders, Chicago Bears

Feb 25, 2021, 1:52 PM ET
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 7,013
    edited February 25
    Iceman said:

Russell Wilson QB, Seattle Seahawks
    Russell Wilson's agent tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that he has not requested a trade, but that if he were dealt, he would waive his no-trade clause for the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders or Bears.

It's a trade request by another name. Various national media sources have taken great pains to report Wilson's relationship with coach Pete Carroll could still be patched up, but neither side is working very hard to tamp down the flames. This situation appears further along than Deshaun Watson's with Houston. Wilson has expressed discontent only to make up with Seattle before, but the odds he is dealt are very real, if not inevitable.
    Related:

Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders, Chicago Bears

Feb 25, 2021, 1:52 PM ET

Let's go Saints... I own Wilson, Kamara and Thomas all in the same league
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    DST - Ravens, Buccaneers / K - Sanders
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Marriota / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Byrd, DavidMoore, Guyton / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DST - Steelers, Buccaneers / K - Lutz
  • His wife really wants to go to Vegas. Gonna be a great AFC West if Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson gets traded to Vegas & Watson gets traded to Denver.
  • His wife really wants to go to Vegas. Gonna be a great AFC West if Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson gets traded to Vegas & Watson gets traded to Denver.

LOL... don't care about his ball-and-chain... I want what I want when I want it =) =) =)
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - J.Allen, J.Herbert, R.Wilson, Stafford / RB - Kamara, D.Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Mattison, Pollard, Latavius Murray, Gallman
    WR - M.Thomas, Hopkins, Godwin, A.J.Brown, Chark, Lamb, Claypool, Mooney / TE - M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Hurst, Knox
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd =.04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd =.10 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Darnold, Marriota / RB - R.Jones, Dillon, D.Harris, Ingram, DJ, K.Johnson, R.Armstead, Benjamin, McKissic
    WR DK.Metcalf, Claypool, Perriman, Hamler, Boykin, Byrd, DavidMoore, Guyton / TE - Gesicki, Hurst, Trautman, Knox
    DK takes a major hit if Wilson leaves
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • WTCM said:

True and as a DK owner I want my boy Russ to stay in sight of the Space Needle.

BUT, if he has to leave, I'm hoping he will make life easy for Kamara and Thomas in the Big Easy

WTCM said:

True and as a DK owner I want my boy Russ to stay in sight of the Space Needle.

BUT, if he has to leave, I'm hoping he will make life easy for Kamara and Thomas in the Big Easy
    Guessing he chose the Raiders as one of the four because of his wife. I see no other good reason why he'd consider the Raiders. And the Bears is another baffling one. Uh Nagy?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Think he wants to get credit for turning the Bears around...