fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

What are the best draft positions in a snake draft for the playoffs?

BashmanBashman Posts: 306
edited January 8 in Redraft Only
What are the best draft positions in a 12 team snake draft for the playoffs? We draft tomorrow night and we get to choose our draft position based on our Week 17 MFL Fantasy Pool Picks. Meaning, the top score get's to choose their draft position, then the second highest, and so forth. It's a 12 team, PPR league and we will be drafting 9 players (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex & 1 DEF). I believe I get the second choice of draft position based on last week's results.

Comments

• swampiesswampies Posts: 4,862
    You should start a mock playoff draft and get a feel as to what happens. The higher you are the better you are to land three really good players but to well balanced right in the middle of the draft
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,635
    I personally like to go 1-3 or 12. If I can get TWO picks in a row, I love that. If you can get an elite RB, and I think there are maybe FIVE now? Then do that. At 12, you can go WR/WR and really start of great. Especially in a PPR.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Lamar, Big Ben
    RB—Zeke, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard, McFarland
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Claypool, Lazard, Hardman, Beasley, Coutee
    TE—Tonyan, Jonnu, Graham
    PK—Lutz
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Stafford, Big Ben, Alex Smith
    RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Cohen, Breida
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jefferson (R), Jones, Jeffery, Amendola
    TE—LThomas, Smith, Reed, Kmet, Trautman
    PK—Bass
    DEF—Bears
  • BashmanBashman Posts: 306
    I've got the 2nd pick...You'd go Elite RB (Jones, Henry, CMC) or QB (Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen) with the 1.02?
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,398
    edited January 9
    Bashman said:

I've got the 2nd pick...You'd go Elite RB (Jones, Henry, CMC) or QB (Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen) with the 1.02?

Aaron Jones is elite? I'll be very content with the 5th slot. I'd be a lock to get an elite RB, and then pair him with a RB1 with elite upside in the turn. 3rd and 4th i go WR, normally. But it all depends on how the draft flow goes as well
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: