fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

32 Team Breakdown - plus a week 1 recap

13»

Comments

• Nice work rapid
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the SleeperU Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,893
    After week 1
    New England Patriots
    Different look
    The box score showed:
    QB: Cam Newton went 15/19 for 155 yards and rushed for 75 yards and 2 TD's. Fantasy wise as a QB2/Superflex that works fine. He did look a little less disinterested than he did the last time I saw him play. If he can remain in the moment of the game then we can expect these kind of results.
    WR/TE: This area will be a work in progress until Newton shows what he is capable of in the passing game. As of now flex only for Edelman and Harry. Do not go TE hunting here.
    RB: RBBC cluster F at this time Newton is rushing instead of passing. S. Michel, R. Burkhead and J. White all got touches with White getting 3 receptions. Tough to judge what's going to happen here yet for fantasy land.

They will be tested next week by the Seahawks. May be Patriot tears flowing after that game.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Las Angeles Chargers
    They beat the Bengals.........woo hoo
    The box score showed:
    QB: T. Taylor did nothing but not lose the game. I like the guy but for fantasy purposes he shouldn't be starting on any roster at this time.
    WR/TE:H. Henry, K. Allen and M. Williams will all be low end WR3/flex options unless Taylor can somehow become and better QB.
    RB:J. Kelley may be the lead back. RB2 numbers maybe if he gets the goal line work as well. A. Ekeler's 15 mins of fame may have ended with that old man Rivers leaving town.

I'm sticking with "Transition year" and may upgrade to smoldering dumpster fire. Look out Miami.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Cincinnati Bengals
    We WON a game
    The box score showed:
    QB: Rookie J. Burrow did not light of the air ways. However, he did not lose the game either. He also used his legs to get into the end zone. That in itself for the Bengals has to be refreshing. Let's see what happens against the Browns next week. For fantasy land don't start him anywhere yet. He's a middle of the year guy maybe or dynasty league hopeful.
    WR/TE: A.J. Green, T. Boyd, C.J. Uzomah and J. Ross all have something to look forward to. Burrow spread the ball around and gave everyone looks. For fantasy that may not be a great thing but at least there are targets to be had. Shoot for WR3/Flex numbers from all of them for now and you won't be to disappointed. If you are looking for more you may have to be patient.
    RB:J. Mixon is good. Burrow may not make him better though. A line of 19 carries for 69 yards with 1 reception for 2 yards is not the line fantasy owners want from their RB1. This needs to be monitored closely to see how the distribution of wealth goes.

Already half as many wins as last year.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Arizona Cardinals
    That was a good football game.
    The box score showed:
    QB: K. Murray 26/40 230 yard 1 TD and 1 INT. He also rushed for 91 yards and 1 TD. Fantasy owners are going to love this kid as long as he stays upright. There is not quit in him and he really loves his new teammate Nuke
    WR/TE: Nuke STUD 14 receptions for 151 yards...yes please. Will that be each week? Probably not but guess who has the potential to be a top 3 WR this year. As far as Fitz and D. Arnold go. They got the scraps but hey in the fantasy world those guys weren't drafted to produce big so it's all good.
    RB: K. Drake went for 60 yards and a TD with 2 receptions. Nothing huge but he's still getting his share and can produce at this rate. C. Edmonds is the handcuff of the year.

Look for more of the same going forward. They won against the 49'ers defense and they are pretty good.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    San Franciso 49'ers
    Missed it by that much
    The box score showed:
    QB: J. Garoppolo only completed 58% of his attempts but he got 259 yards, 2 TD's and no INT for his efforts. That's really good for the handsome one and for any fantasy owner that started him as their QB2/Superflex guy. There is no reason he can't do that against the Jets next week.
    WR/TE:G. Kittle tweaked a knee and is not at 100% now. Monitor his process through the week. Because he and Mostert (RB) where the best receivers on the field this week. Until further notice SF WR's should not see any fantasy lineups.
    RB: R. Mostert 15 for 56 yards with 4 receptions for 95 yards and 1 TD. Yes please sir may I have another. If he stays healthy he has a good shot at being in the top of the RB rankings at the end of the season.

Surprised that they let that game slip away. That won't happen much this season. However, they really need some WR help to move forward.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    THAT SUCKED
    The box score showed:
    QB: T. Brady (Winston could have done that and been a whole lot more exciting to watch) went for a GOAT 23/36 (64% completion) 239 yards, 2 TD's and 2 INT's including a pick 6. Oh he fell into the end zone for a TD also. Everyone knows where I stand on this. This was his one freebie if he looks old, slow, sloppy and pouts more than smiles next week. It's going to be a long year. The offensive line is not great and he will have to do better. From a fantasy stand point he put up serviceable numbers for a low end QB1.
    WR/TE: C. Godwin and S. Miller look to be the Edelmans for Brady at Tampa look for WR2 number for both with some upside. M. Evans was a non factor. Now it could have been injury I'm really not sure yet. Evans has always been a diva so if his panties are all bunched up because he's not getting the looks he wants then that's going to be an issue. TE's O.J. Howard is the best TE on the team. Gronk is not the GronkSmash version he is the Gronk older, slower, smaller version and really didn't look all that great this week.
    RB: R. Jones took the RB1 position and didn't do bad. Brady stole a TD from him otherwise his stat line would have be pretty good. L. Fournette was just an after thought this week.

My prediction is this - if the Bucs go 1-5 or 2-4 for the first 6 games there will probably be a career ending soft tissue injury or something for Gronk. Then Brady slips on a Kleenex he was using to dry his tears of the Gronk situation and he goes down with a knee or something for a few games and then it's the Blaine Gabbert show. Ultimately leading the Bucs to a 6-10 season that will be blamed on Gabbert and the team drafts nothing but offensive linemen next year so when Brady has a full recovery he can give one more try.

Yes I'm not happy .............I feel a little better now though this has been a cathartic release. Thanks SleeperU
    Mod - Sleeper U
    After week 1
    New Orleans Saints
    Know how to win
    The box score showed:
    QB: D. Brees effective but not QB1 material this week. He was actually worse than Brady with 2 exceptions ..... called interceptions. Look for him to do more in the coming weeks. I don't think its panic time yet for him.
    WR/TE: J. Cook did most of the heavy lifting this week. MT was held in check. I think the Tampa defense did a pretty good job against the pass.
    RB: A. Kamara has returned to STUD mode. He did not do it rushing, he did it in the passing game. He looked good and explosive again. Play him with confidence. L. Murray is handcuff #2 this season.

This is a team that can go all the way.
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 3,077
    MT has a high ankle sprain.. depending how bad it is, I think if Sanders still has some left in the tank he could step up
    G_Men said:

MT has a high ankle sprain.. depending how bad it is, I think if Sanders still has some left in the tank he could step up

Thanks for the heads up
    Mod - Sleeper U