fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Regular Content is here... starting with this new Bold Prediction. Get some!

Deebo Outlook

CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,273
What are your thoughts on Deebo in terms of dynasty? I’m thinking of packaging him in an offer for a RB like Ekeler or Drake but also hesitate because he a player I was thrilled to get in last years draft (late first round). What do you think?

Comments

• If you can turn him into Ekeler or Drake - do it without asking for our opinions!! Then, come back and brag on the boards.

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,273

If you can turn him into Ekeler or Drake - do it without asking for our opinions!! Then, come back and brag on the boards.

Haha... guess that answers that. Is that the consensus? 🤷‍♂️😜😊
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,393
    edited April 14
    Just when you think you’ve got a winner, your Pettis turns into Deebo. Then you go, ok, Deebo is the guy to own. Then 49ers get like a DHop (like the Cards did with Kirk who was supposed to be the heir apparent to Fitz). Nothing is guaranteed in fantasy football. But RBs are worth more to me than WR. So if i have a chance to turn something like a Deebo into a top 15 RB I’m making that trade every time.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,068
    Ekeler yes, Drake, not so much for me in Dynasty, Cards signed him for 1 yr..... And have said they want a third guy that could carry the load. I like Deebo as well, would hate to give him up for a 1 yr rental.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,265
    Iceman said:

Ekeler yes, Drake, not so much for me in Dynasty, Cards signed him for 1 yr..... And have said they want a third guy that could carry the load. I like Deebo as well, would hate to give him up for a 1 yr rental.

Interesting....... I have not seen or heard this.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 6,068
    Kenyan Drake RB, Arizona Cardinals
    Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said he would "like to have three" running backs to deploy during the regular season.

"D.J. [Foster] was banged up last year," Kingsbury said. "We think he has a good skill set. But that's an area that we'd like to have three. We'd like to have three that we feel like we could roll through and not lose much." Kingsbury also noted that Kenyan Drake and Chase Edmonds "played at a very high level and had their opportunity" but the team would still like to have a viable third runner available for use on game days. No matter the team's method and capital used when adding another body to this backfield, Drake, who averaged 18.9 touches as the overall RB4 in Arizona's last eight games, projects as a top-12 player at his position for any offseason fantasy leagues.
    Source: Howard Balzer on Twitter
    Apr 8, 2020, 6:00 PM ET
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,393
    Well yeah they want a 3rd runner - what team only rosters only 2 RBs? That doesn’t mean the 3rd guy will affect the main guy. He very well might be a 1 yr rental but I’m trying to win in 2020 so all i need from him is 1 good yr.
  • TavanerTavaner Posts: 147
    I really like Samuel but he's not guaranteed a prominent role in an offense committed to the run game, featuring a stud TE (100+ targets) and one that spreads the ball around. That puts him in a WR3 role, for me. Upside? Absolutely, but there are a lot of questions.

The 49ers have two first-round picks (13/31) and they could flip one (probably will, they have a tight cap) and add a 2nd + to position themselves to potentially grab one of the 2nd tier WRs.

Depending on how their draft board shakes out they could be looking at DL/OL/CB/WR. They have Jalen Hurd (#67, 3.03) returning but don't currently have picks in the 2nd,3rd, or 4th rounds.

There are a lot of moving parts. Samuel's value depends on the first round of the draft.

Like Ice, I'd lean towards Ekeler.

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,922

Just when you think you’ve got a winner, your Pettis turns into Deebo. Then you go, ok, Deebo is the guy to own. Then 49ers get like a DHop (like the Cards did with Kirk who was supposed to be the heir apparent to Fitz). Nothing is guaranteed in fantasy football. But RBs are worth more to me than WR. So if i have a chance to turn something like a Deebo into a top 15 RB I’m making that trade every time.

Bingo
    My gut says deebo is one of those better real football than fantasy football guys. ..
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,360
    I think Shannahan will find ways to get Deebo the ball.

Not a wr1 but a solid starter.
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 1,226
    DONT THINK SO BRAH.....
    Deebo Samuel suffered a broken left foot during a workout with teammates Tuesday and will be sidelined 3-4 months
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,273
    boyzball said:

DONT THINK SO BRAH.....
    Deebo Samuel suffered a broken left foot during a workout with teammates Tuesday and will be sidelined 3-4 months

12-14 weeks is about the same timeframe as 3-4 months.... if that’s what you were referring to. 🤔
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 902
    I think we was saying it’s a broken foot, rather than a broken leg.
    These injuries aren't one of those 12 week things then everything is always all good...my opinion minimum is he misses first 6 games...then if everything goes perfect we get the courage to start him week 9ish....my overall gut is he isn't startable all season...to bad for him....Antonio brown makes so much sense here
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,876

These injuries aren't one of those 12 week things then everything is always all good...my opinion minimum is he misses first 6 games...then if everything goes perfect we get the courage to start him week 9ish....my overall gut is he isn't startable all season...to bad for him....Antonio brown makes so much sense here

won't he be suspended as soon as a team signs him?
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,360
    Aiyuk & McKinnon should get some more action. Jalen Hurd may be the biggest surprise. It’s said he is looking really good.
  • WOW - crazy news!! I was bummed about it until I remembered that I just traded him away with DJ, 1.07 and 2021 1st for Saquon Barkley. Woot Woot!!

• Maybe I'll lowball an offer for him and get him back cheap for the end of the season. lol