fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

I have the BEST 2020 Mock Draft right here for ya! Get some!

Thoughts on Dynasty Waivers and XFL Players

Iceman said:

Donald Parham TE, Los Angeles Chargers
Chargers signed TE Donald Parham, formerly of the XFL's Dallas Renegades, to a two-year contract.

Parham, 22, went undrafted out of Stetson last April and latched on with the Redskins before failing to make it to final cuts. He spent a few days on the Skins' practice squad in September. Parham was a beast in the XFL, however, towering at 6'8/243. He was third in the league in receiving yards with 307 when the league shut down for COVID-19, turning in a voluminous 24-307-4 line across five games. Parham dominated the Pioneer League in college, leading all D-1 and D-2 tight ends in catches per game and receiving yards per game as a senior. Parham also tore up his Pro Day with a 4.67 forty and 38.5-inch vertical with a 10-foot-5 broad jump. He'll compete for a job behind Hunter Henry for the Chargers.
Source: NFL Draft Diamonds
Mar 25, 2020, 1:19 PM ET

My dynasty leagues have a monthly waiver claim in the off-season and I was going to put in a request for this guy. However, I'm not sure if he should be considered available for the waiver wire, or if he should be considered a rookie and therefore not eligible to be picked up until the rookie draft.

What are your thoughts on this? I am the commissioner in 2 of my leagues and want to make an announcement to the owners before this becomes a big argument.

Comments

• wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 2,107
    Not a rookie IMO. Drafted by Redskins, then played in the XFL. Sounds like a WW candidate to me.
    D3:
    QB—Allen, Big Ben, Fitz, Hodges
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, JSamuels, Pollard, Mostert
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Chark, Harry, Hardman, Perriman, Butler, Amendola
    TE—Witten, Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
    PK—Zuerlein
    DEF—Ravens, Jags

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitz
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, JJackson, Edmonds
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Butler, Watson
    TE—Waller, Olsen, Thomas, Gesicki,
    PK—Gostkowski, Prater
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,698
    WW not rookie imo. Plus he's a beast. Has lapses of concentration and may miss an easy one. Then he'll make a super catch. Watching him run is fun. Think bambi on ice legs going everywhere. Straight line though loooooong strides.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,783
    Not a rookie IMO....