fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

I have the BEST 2020 Mock Draft right here for ya! Get some!

Tom Brady to sign with the TB Bucs

2»

Comments

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,696

Iceman said:

I think a telling reaction from the people who play against Brady......

Tom Brady QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports, "an unexpected high number of players have reached out to the Buccaneers to let them know they want to join the former Patriots’ QB there."

Schefter added, "This is otherwise known as the NFL version of the LeBron effect." Ring chasing isn't exactly a new concept. The Bucs are obviously loaded with high-end receivers in Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, while the likes of O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate also figure to be plenty involved. Theoretically, this is an exciting situation to join ... as long as old-man Brady isn't washed just yet. The offense still has a rather gaping hole at the RB position, as Peyton Barber was brutal in 2019 and Ronald Jones doesn't have a good enough history as a pass blocker to warrant the benefit of the doubt ahead of 2020.

I would like to know who those players are. Probably from the Patriots, lol.
    indeed.
    If they aren't O line starters it won't matter.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,207
    CoolHand said:

Iceman said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports, "an unexpected high number of players have reached out to the Buccaneers to let them know they want to join the former Patriots’ QB there."

Schefter added, "This is otherwise known as the NFL version of the LeBron effect." Ring chasing isn't exactly a new concept. The Bucs are obviously loaded with high-end receivers in Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, while the likes of O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate also figure to be plenty involved. Theoretically, this is an exciting situation to join ... as long as old-man Brady isn't washed just yet. The offense still has a rather gaping hole at the RB position, as Peyton Barber was brutal in 2019 and Ronald Jones doesn't have a good enough history as a pass blocker to warrant the benefit of the doubt ahead of 2020.

Melvin Gordon to fill the RB hole 🤷‍♂️😉
    Maybe they will pair Gurley with Brady, lol.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

Iceman said:

indeed.
    If they aren't O line starters it won't matter.
    Very true.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • CoolHand said:

Iceman said:

100% - I don't understand why this hasn't already been done!

CoolHand said:

Iceman said:

100% - I don't understand why this hasn't already been done!
    UGH!!

The Buffalo Bills have contacted Melvin Gordon's representatives, and there's mutual interest on both sides, per Buffalo's Beat Reporter Matt Parrino.

Analysis: Gordon has been linked to a few teams, but the Bills have the speculated the most interest so far. With the addition of Stefon Diggs, the Bills are looking to add more weapons for Josh Allen. Gordon logged 110 carries for 612 yards and eight touchdowns across 12 games for the Chargers in 2019. If Gordon does land in Buffalo, this would significantly decrease the value of current starter Devin Singletary. Tampa Bay is also being considered as another landing spot for Gordon, but for now the Bills are the only team that reportedly reached out.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 9,121
    edited March 19
    That would kill Singletary’s value! Why the hell do they feel the need to get another RB?

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,083

That would kill Singletary’s value! Why the hell do they feel the need to get another RB?

Due diligence.
  • I think they have more important holes to fill before getting a backup RB.

I contacted Bills headquarters to advise against this move. :)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,783

Well Done!! :)
    Iceman said:

Well Done!! :)
    :tongue:
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    edited March 19
    After I got off the phone with Bills headquarters this was reported......

New York Upstate reports the Bills are interested in free agent RB Melvin Gordon.

Gordon has been greeted by a frigid market, but the Bills remain one of the league's most run-committed teams. The Bills never seemed completely sold on tackle-breaker Devin Singletary as a rookie, but they did ramp up his workloads down the stretch. For what it's worth, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo has reported Gordon is unlikely to land in Buffalo.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 861
    My guess is Gordon goes to Atlanta or the Rams

My guess is Gordon goes to Atlanta or the Rams

Tampa?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Why is it that fantasy football GMs see the game so much clearer than coaches and owners? The obvious move is to fill the only hole left in TB and get to the playoffs without even sweating!

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,083
    Atlanta would be a good one...
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,783

Tom Brady signs Buccaneers contract
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 20, 2020, 8:37 AM EDT
    Getty Images

It’s official: Tom Brady has signed his contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Brady, the future Hall of Famer who spent the last 20 years in New England, posted on Instagram a picture of himself signing his Buccaneers contract.

“Excited, humble and hungry,” Brady wrote on Instagram. “If there is one thing I have learned about football, it’s that nobody cares what you did last year or the year before that. You earn the trust and respect of those around through your commitment every single day. I’m starting a new football journey and thankful for the Buccaneers for giving me an opportunity to do what I love to do. I look forward to meeting all my new teammates and coaches and proving to them that they can believe and trust in me. I have always believed that well done is better than well said, so I’m gonna not gonna say much more – I’m just gonna get to work!”

And with that, the greatest of all time has his new team.
  • Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,007
    Brady has five times as many playoff wins, six times as many Super Bowl wins and seven times as many 30-touchdown seasons as all the quarterbacks in Buccaneers history. He could lose his next 283 starts and still have a better career record than the Bucs franchise.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the Sleeper U Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • Brady has five times as many playoff wins, six times as many Super Bowl wins and seven times as many 30-touchdown seasons as all the quarterbacks in Buccaneers history. He could lose his next 283 starts and still have a better career record than the Bucs franchise.

Lol - wow!

• KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,565
    Does Belichek move Edelman to QB?
  • Does Belichek move Edelman to QB?

lmao - wildcat QB

• Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 3,007

Does Belichek move Edelman to QB?

Sounds crazy but.... Cam Newton a Patriot? I could see Newton a Charger, Jaguer or Patriot.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
    Current Champion of the Sleeper U Fantasy Playoff Challenge.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,696

HAHA HAHA
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U