fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

I have the BEST 2020 Mock Draft right here for ya! Get some!

2020 rookie mock

my 2020 rookie mock/rankings.

1.1 Jerry Jeudy
1.2 D'Andre Swift
1.3 C.Lamb
1.4 KJ Hamler
1.5 H.Ruggs
1.6 T.Higgins
1.7 J.Taylor
1.8 Joe Burrow
1.9 Justin Jefferson
1.10 Eno Benjamin
1.11 J.K.Dobbins
1.12 M Pittman Jr

anyone else that would like to post their own mock draft please do so.

Comments

• Omg Taylor at 7 steal!!!!!!

• I love me some Kj Hamler but this is the first I've seen him in the first rd. 1.4 is Bold.

Im hoping the Broncos take him late 2nd Early 3rd Rd.....
  • Omg Taylor at 7 steal!!!!!!

He lost 15 fumbles.

• HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,208
    1. Swift
    2. Taylor
    3. Dobbins
    4. Jeudy
    5. Lamb
    6. Higgins
    7. Ruggs
    8. Jefferson
    9. Akers
    10. Burrow
    11. Moss
    12. Pittman
  • 1. Swift
    2. Dobbins
    3. Taylor
    4. Jeudy
    5. Lamb
    6. Higgins
    7. Akers
    8. Shenault
    9. Reagor
    10. Moss
    11. Jefferson
    12. Burrows
  • Is that Zach moss or Randy’s son?

• Is that Zach moss or Randy’s son?

For me it was Zach Moss

• Just checking.

• LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,039
    1. Swift
    2. Jeudy
    3. Lamb

….a bunch of guys I still need to watch more of. Definitely stashing that 15 fumbles stat for Taylor away though, good grief.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2020 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Todd Gurley, WR Mike Evans, WR Odell Beckham, WR Courtland Sutton, WR D.J. Chark, WR N'Keal Harry, TE T.J. Hockenson
  • Taylor's lack of receptions is more alarming to me. He can run the rock thou. Just think its not much in Wisconsins game plans or style.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,945

Taylor's lack of receptions is more alarming to me. He can run the rock thou. Just think its not much in Wisconsins game plans or style.

@buckysGT might be able to help with this one. I think Taylor can catch... just wasn’t the game plan but not sure
  • I have the 1.6, 1.8, and 1.12

Sounds like you guys recommend using those to move up...
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz,
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman
    AJ Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Doctson, C Kupp, A Isabella, D Cain, A Callaway
    Kelce, V McDonald, Gesicki
    3 2020 1sts

• Not necessarily. I like those picks myself.

2nd Rd too. I’m always a sucker for rookie fever thou.

I would definitely try and package 1.08 & 1.12 to see if you can move up but it really depends on your roster too. Win now or full rebuild would make a difference for me.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

I would definitely try and package 1.08 & 1.12 to see if you can move up but it really depends on your roster too. Win now or full rebuild would make a difference for me.
    Wentz
    Saquon, Carson, Jacobs,
    Tyreek, Kupp, A.J. Brown, Chark
    Kelce,
    12 Team PPR Dynasty

Wentz,
    3 2020 1sts

Wentz
    Saquon, Carson, Jacobs,
    Kelce,
    With that squad, I'd package 1.08/1.12 and try to move up if possible.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

Wentz
    Saquon, Carson, Jacobs,
    Kelce,
    I would also try and upgrade your QB if you can.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

Wentz
    Saquon, Carson, Jacobs,
    Kelce,
    I would go Burrow at 1.08. Obviously those drafting ahead of you would need to be set at QB, for him to be available at 1.08.

I would go 1.6 Higgins or best rb available (I would consider trading this pick for a 2021 1st and TE backup).
    1.08 Burrow.
    1.12 Hamler. Today you can get KJ Hamler late or early 2nd.

I expect Hamler to shoot up on draft boards. The highest I have seen him is 1.10. I like what I see. Projected to be a Packer or Raider. When that happens I would go 1.6 Hamler. 1.08 Burrow. 1.12 Eno Benjamin.

• LocalKine said:

1. Swift
    2. Jeudy
    3. Lamb

….a bunch of guys I still need to watch more of. Definitely stashing that 15 fumbles stat for Taylor away though, good grief.

Fumbled 18 times and lost 15. He is not going to be more than practice squad with those numbers. He has to improve drastically in that area.
    CoolHand said:

Taylor's lack of receptions is more alarming to me. He can run the rock thou. Just think its not much in Wisconsins game plans or style.

@buckysGT might be able to help with this one. I think Taylor can catch... just wasn’t the game plan but not sure
    Taylor caught more balls last year than his previous 2 seasons combined. Right now he is probably just a 2 down back. I would need to go back and see if he is a natural catcher.

• HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,208
    Oh man now I’m getting concerned about Taylor (in the event he’s available to me). My issue is I’m pretty set on WR, in my dynasty league I have Ridley, AJ Brown, Hollywood Brown, N’Keal Harry. This is not factoring in the top 3 WR I’m projecting to be able to fit in my salary cap once my auction starts (Thomas, Julio Jones, Hopkins will all be available and i project to get one of them). How many more WRs can I fit?! I was going to take one of Jeudy or Lamb but I guess I need to see how combine and draft play out. I didn’t wanna waste a top 4 pick on a 2 down RB.
  • buckysGTbuckysGT Posts: 2,042
    CoolHand said:

We all know what Taylor can do running the ball. Ball security was a problem for him. But I also think this is one area that a player can improve in. Matter a fact, I believe he did improve in that area this past year. I'd have to look back at those stats to be positive though. As far as receptions, he wasn't involved in the passing game in his first 2 years. This year WI seemed to make an effort to get him more involved. I don't think Taylor is a guy that will catch 50+ in a season, but he should be a back that can catch 30 or so a season. JMO though.
  • footballchixfootballchix Posts: 827
    edited February 16
    buckysGT said:

CoolHand said:

We all know what Taylor can do running the ball. Ball security was a problem for him. But I also think this is one area that a player can improve in. Matter a fact, I believe he did improve in that area this past year. I'd have to look back at those stats to be positive though. As far as receptions, he wasn't involved in the passing game in his first 2 years. This year WI seemed to make an effort to get him more involved. I don't think Taylor is a guy that will catch 50+ in a season, but he should be a back that can catch 30 or so a season. JMO though.
    I think you are right about him being a 30 catch guy.
    1st year 8 fumbles-6 lost.
    2nd year 4 fumbles-4 lost.
    last year 6 fumbles-5 lost

Top Runners. All are based on their last three years.
    Taylor 926 carries, 18 fumbles 15 lost. 42 receptions.
    JK Dobbins carries, 725 times, 5 fumbles with 4 lost. 71 receptions.
    Swift 440 carries, 7 fumbles 4 lost. 73 receptions.
    Benjamin 576 carries, 7 fumbles 4 lost. 82 receptions. (I like him more than others)
    A.McFarland 245 carries, 4 fumbles 1 lost. 24 receptions. (I like him more than others)
    Akers 586 carries, 10 fumbles 7 lost. 69 receptions.
    Moss 628 carries, 6 fumbles, 4 lost. 65 receptions.

• swampiesswampies Posts: 4,042
    I have to say I’m leaning on drafting a WR this time in the first round, just not to get burned again on a RB expectations for a rookie. A least the value of a great WR can help your team right away then waiting for the coaching staff to implement that RB in the game you drafted.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,106

buckysGT said:

CoolHand said:

I think you are right about him being a 30 catch guy.
    1st year 8 fumbles-6 lost.
    2nd year 4 fumbles-4 lost.
    last year 6 fumbles-5 lost

Top Runners. All are based on their last three years.
    Taylor 926 carries, 18 fumbles 15 lost. 42 receptions.
    JK Dobbins carries, 725 times, 5 fumbles with 4 lost. 71 receptions.
    Swift 440 carries, 7 fumbles 4 lost. 73 receptions.
    Benjamin 576 carries, 7 fumbles 4 lost. 82 receptions. (I like him more than others)
    A.McFarland 245 carries, 4 fumbles 1 lost. 24 receptions. (I like him more than others)
    Akers 586 carries, 10 fumbles 7 lost. 69 receptions.
    Moss 628 carries, 6 fumbles, 4 lost. 65 receptions.
    For what it's worth, another perspective when looking at volume/carries (looked at total fumbles):

Taylor - 1 every 51 carries
    Dobbins - 1 every 145 carries
    Swift - 1 every 62 carries
    Banjamin - 1 every 82 carries
    McFarland - 1 every 61 carries
    Akers - 1 every 58 carries
    Moss - 1 every 104 carries

Dobbins and Moss were the only two that really separated themselves in a look at fumbles per carries, the rest of them are very comparable in that regard.
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,039
    swampies said:

I have to say I’m leaning on drafting a WR this time in the first round, just not to get burned again on a RB expectations for a rookie. A least the value of a great WR can help your team right away then waiting for the coaching staff to implement that RB in the game you drafted.

I'm the complete opposite. I'm trying to not allow N'Keal Harry effect my 2020 rookie draft decisions, but I'd lying if I said he wasn't.

10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2020 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Todd Gurley, WR Mike Evans, WR Odell Beckham, WR Courtland Sutton, WR D.J. Chark, WR N'Keal Harry, TE T.J. Hockenson
  • LocalKine said:

swampies said:

I'm the complete opposite. I'm trying to not allow N'Keal Harry effect my 2020 rookie draft decisions, but I'd lying if I said he wasn't.

Same here when I took Corey Davis at 1.2, when I had my choice of Mixon, McCaffrey and D Cook
    12 Team PPR Dynasty

Wentz,
    3 2020 1sts

• LocalKine said:

swampies said:

Same here when I took Corey Davis at 1.2, when I had my choice of Mixon, McCaffrey and D Cook
    You have to go with who YOU LIKE in the 1st round and forget about rankings and value IMO. Many said I was wasting my 1.3 in 2017 on McCaffrey and I should take CD or MW due to "value" LOL :). https://sleeperu.com/forums/discussion/comment/68795#Comment_68795

I even passed on D Cook at 1.03 ( Fournette went 1.1 and Crowell went 1.2) to select my number one ranked player in McCaffrey.
    LocalKine said:

swampies said:

Much better WR prospects in this draft and that was known last year. Do not let Harry/overdraft sour you. Watch some videos.

https://sleeperu.com/forums/discussion/comment/134500#Comment_134500
    Had Harry in the second 2 round if he appeared in the 2020 draft.

• ray9erdadray9erdad Posts: 377
    edited February 21
    I need that deep dive!
    I don't pick until 19th overall :anguished:
    Luckily, WR is my target.
    10 Team Dynasty, PPR, 2 Flex, 6 pt TD, IDP

MAHOMES
    KAMARA, SINGLETARY, DRAKE, Monty, Mostert, Coleman, Snell
    NUK, KUPP, DIGGS, Miller, Harmon, Perriman
    WALLER, Howard, Irv
    BADGLEY
    DL) HUNTER
    LB) LITTLETON, BUSH, WARNER, Payne
    DB) PEPPERS, John John

19th & 29th overall rookie picks-(WR!) •Trade SF backfield..?