fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

I have the BEST 2020 Mock Draft right here for ya! Get some!

Sammy Watkins

Would you give the 2-4 in a dynasty league(4 round rookie draft) for Watkins or keep the pick.

Comments

• OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,193
    Keep the pick
  • I would EASILY give the 2.04 for Watkins!!

• swampiesswampies Posts: 4,035

I would EASILY give the 2.04 for Watkins!!

This
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,931
    I think I would give the pick for Watkins too and I’m not a Watkins fan
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,193
    Watkins cap hit is $21 Mil for 2020. $7Mil dead $. He has stated he won’t restructure. I see KC cutting him if he won’t. Not worth $21 Mil when they need to sign Jones.
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,196
    Mecole is Sammy’s replacement, waiting in the wings.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,308

Watkins cap hit is $21 Mil for 2020. $7Mil dead $. He has stated he won’t restructure. I see KC cutting him if he won’t. Not worth $21 Mil when they need to sign Jones.

Yep, would not give up anything for him at the moment...

Sammy Watkins WR, Kansas City Chiefs
    NFL Media's Tom Pelissero reports the Chiefs want to figure out how to keep Sammy Watkins in 2020.

This may be the Chiefs thinking optimistically while celebrating their Super Bowl victory, but a decision will have to be made on Watkins' upcoming $14 million salary in the next few weeks. Watkins didn't play like a $14 million receiver last season, and he can be cut outright without any dead money. With that option on the table, Watkins will likely have to take a pay cut to remain on the team moving forward. If released, Watkins will be a boom-or-bust signing this offseason. That, of course, assumes Watkins wants to continue playing.
    Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Feb 4, 2020, 7:41 PM ET

Sammy Watkins WR, Kansas City Chiefs
    Sammy Watkins committed to playing football in 2020 but admitted mentally, physically, soulfully, spiritually, I need some downtime."

"I don’t control the contract, a trade or if they’re going to give me a bigger contract," Watkins said. "That’s not my worry. I’m not really focused on the money aspect of it. I’m really focused on my health, mental health and really checking in on and making sure I’m OK with my life, my family, my wife, my kids. Once I figure that out, I think I’ll be fine." More players could probably follow Watkins' lead in this aspect of life. Regarding football, the 26-year-old at least knows his status in Kansas City is in doubt with a cap number of a whopping $21 million in the in the final year of his deal.
    Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio
    Feb 5, 2020, 10:34 PM ET
  • Even if he gets cut, he will sign somewhere and be well worth the 2.04. I don't value 2nd rounders as highly as most others because there is way too much chance of whiffing on the pick. Hell, some of the early 1st rounders can crap the bed, so I would rather take my chance on a player that has shown that he can do it.

• XXXQB12XXXQB12 Posts: 265
    Thanks guys for your opinions, I have Watkins and was offered the 2-4 for him, going to make the trade.
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,696
    Watkins isn't even worth a 5th rounder.

What's he done to be on a roster?
  • As a owner of Watkins I would trade him for 2.4 pick.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,983
    DAX said:

Watkins isn't even worth a 5th rounder.

What's he done to be on a roster?

Nope, Never a Sammy fan.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Good to know - I'm going to go buy him low right now. I didn't realize people were that low on him.

• HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,196
    well there’s an art to buying low. You can’t just do it willy nilly. There’s a difference between a guy having a down year but is still a viable top play, like say JuJu, and a guy who has never really “done it” and you have no reason to believe he’ll suddenly do it. If Sammy couldn’t be a top play with Mahomes as his QB what he’s suddenly gonna be viable with like a Sam Darnold or someone worse.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,983

If Sammy couldn’t be a top play with Mahomes as his QB what he’s suddenly gonna be viable with like a Sam Darnold or someone worse.

This a thousand times. He's a WR4 at best
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • XXXQB12XXXQB12 Posts: 265
    I made the trade for the 2-4, I have nothing against Watkins, he was a good fill-in for byes and an occasional start, but with all the talk of him sitting out a season and all the contract talk, I decided it was time to let him go.
  • XXXQB12 said:

I made the trade for the 2-4, I have nothing against Watkins, he was a good fill-in for byes and an occasional start, but with all the talk of him sitting out a season and all the contract talk, I decided it was time to let him go.

Good move. You will get a decent prospect at 2.04

• Agree. Good move
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,308
    Agree as well.
  • well there’s an art to buying low. You can’t just do it willy nilly. There’s a difference between a guy having a down year but is still a viable top play, like say JuJu, and a guy who has never really “done it” and you have no reason to believe he’ll suddenly do it. If Sammy couldn’t be a top play with Mahomes as his QB what he’s suddenly gonna be viable with like a Sam Darnold or someone worse.