fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff (1pm EST) on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Would you trade away Watson Or L Jackson

If you had both QB, which QB would you trade away for picks or players? No current offers

Comments

• Doobie_SnacksDoobie_Snacks Posts: 2,694
    edited November 6
    I'd rather have Watson and trade Lamar while his stock is sky high
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on.
  • I would keep Watson and trade away Jackson.
  • Agree with these guys. Lamar Jackson is a gimmicky player - as talented as he is, I would rather have Watson as my long term QB and like everyone else said, you could get a lot more value from Jackson right now.

• XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,823
    Keep Watson
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 5,090
    Watson for me as well.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,039
    Pilling on the Watson train.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,130
    I would keep both until someone is willing to overpay. Which they should for one of those guys.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,219
    edited November 6
    Watson would be the QB I would retain as I still don't believe in Jackson

But as OBS suggested make it highway robbery.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard, J.Hill
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Dissly, Hockenson, Gesicki, J.Smith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 1,105
    Just traded Lamar, Hyde, Duke Johnson and a low 2020 2nd round rookie pick for Sony Michel, Kerryon and a high 2020 2nd round rookie pick. I’m in last place and while I liked having Lamar it really was a waste of a great player when i could acquire some *cheap* but good RBs and the high 2nd round pick will help. I already have 4 2020 1st round rookie picks and I’m not keen on having like 10 rookies. Between Sony, Kerryon and Miles Sanders and the 4 2020 1sts I’m going to be *loaded* at RB.

I probably could have got a little more but half the league is in sell mode as many guys try to acquire keepable assets by selling to the teams in contention so that limited the # of teams I had to potentially do a deal with.

Just traded Lamar, Hyde, Duke Johnson and a low 2020 2nd round rookie pick for Sony Michel, Kerryon and a high 2020 2nd round rookie pick. I’m in last place and while I liked having Lamar it really was a waste of a great player when i could acquire some *cheap* but good RBs and the high 2nd round pick will help. I already have 4 2020 1st round rookie picks and I’m not keen on having like 10 rookies. Between Sony, Kerryon and Miles Sanders and the 4 2020 1sts I’m going to be *loaded* at RB.

I probably could have got a little more but half the league is in sell mode as many guys try to acquire keepable assets by selling to the teams in contention so that limited the # of teams I had to potentially do a deal with.

Personally I'd rather have Lamar, Hyde, Duke Johnson then Sony Michel & Kerryon Johnson. I don't want any part of Patriots backfield and Kerryon Johnson has never been great fantasy RB. Hope it works out for you.

Personally I'd rather have Lamar, Hyde, Duke Johnson then Sony Michel & Kerryon Johnson. I don't want any part of Patriots backfield and Kerryon Johnson has never been great fantasy RB. Hope it works out for you.
    Agreed...that was a sell low.
    I get what you’re saying. You have to consider the league. In a vacuum yes this was a not the best return. Factor that out of 10 teams, about 6 are out of it. They are sellers at this point. So that means they are now in the phase of trying to acquire as many dynasty assets as possible. They are not teams I can offer Lamar to because they wouldn’t want to give up the assets necessary. So that leaves about 4 teams. 1 of those 4 I don’t deal with. That leaves 3 teams. Of those 3 teams one has Russell Wilson and the other has Watson. They have no need for Lamar. That leaves that last team - they have *no* assets. So you make the deal that’s in front of you. It’s a 10 team league so QBs are in abundance. RBs? Not so much.
  • Agree with the last 2 posts. Lamar should land you more..

I get what you’re saying. You have to consider the league. In a vacuum yes this was a not the best return. Factor that out of 10 teams, about 6 are out of it. They are sellers at this point. So that means they are now in the phase of trying to acquire as many dynasty assets as possible. They are not teams I can offer Lamar to because they wouldn’t want to give up the assets necessary. So that leaves about 4 teams. 1 of those 4 I don’t deal with. That leaves 3 teams. Of those 3 teams one has Russell Wilson and the other has Watson. They have no need for Lamar. That leaves that last team - they have *no* assets. So you make the deal that’s in front of you. It’s a 10 team league so QBs are in abundance. RBs? Not so much.

Being dynasty you could have waited tell next year to deal Lamar when could have got more. Why feel had to sell this year? Different league rules I'm not aware of?
    Hyde and Duke to me were never going to be kept, so I essentially gave up Lamar for Sony and Kerryon. A team that thinks they are in it will want to acquire Lamar during the season as teams jockey for playoff contention, in the offseason the mentality will revert to “QBs are overvalued in this league, RBs are more valuable”. But I get it, the trade looks lopsided.

Hyde and Duke to me were never going to be kept, so I essentially gave up Lamar for Sony and Kerryon. A team that thinks they are in it will want to acquire Lamar during the season as teams jockey for playoff contention, in the offseason the mentality will revert to “QBs are overvalued in this league, RBs are more valuable”. But I get it, the trade looks lopsided.

So is your league a keeper league or dynasty?
  • Just traded Lamar, Hyde, Duke Johnson and a low 2020 2nd round rookie pick for Sony Michel, Kerryon and a high 2020 2nd round rookie pick. I’m in last place and while I liked having Lamar it really was a waste of a great player when i could acquire some *cheap* but good RBs and the high 2nd round pick will help. I already have 4 2020 1st round rookie picks and I’m not keen on having like 10 rookies. Between Sony, Kerryon and Miles Sanders and the 4 2020 1sts I’m going to be *loaded* at RB.

Loading up for 2021 draft would had been my aim at that point.

edited November 7
    "loaded" at RB, but with options you won't want to start weekly, especially in a 10-team league (you will hurt yourself if you start Michel and/or K.Johnson weekly). I would have kept the elite QB and then looked to RB with the rookie picks.
    edited November 7
    Xtreme said:

"loaded" at RB, but with options you won't want to start weekly, especially in a 10-team league (you will hurt yourself if you start Michel and/or K.Johnson weekly). I would have kept the elite QB and then looked to RB with the rookie picks.

Exactly
  • They’ve got you covered. I would have rather kept him until next year at that price. However, you seem happy with it, therefore - so am I.

• Just a good back for when Watson (or Lamar) gets hurt. Both their playstyles, up the chance of injury.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,667

Agree with these guys. Lamar Jackson is a gimmicky player - as talented as he is, I would rather have Watson as my long term QB and like everyone else said, you could get a lot more value from Jackson right now.

The gimmick seems to be working though
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I agree with everyone. You sold Lamar for less than you should have been able to. I also agree that it's a good move for you. Who knows how any of those players shape up next year, but it's always good to have a stable of rbs and if that comes at the cost of the best backup qb in the league, so be it.

Ideally I would have had a choice of better rb or higher draft pick, but sometimes the market is what it is.
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,452
    I wouldn't trade either of them unless the return was ridiculous.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,873
    Jackson is ill right now FYI and might not play this weekend
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    edited November 7

I agree with everyone. You sold Lamar for less than you should have been able to. I also agree that it's a good move for you. Who knows how any of those players shape up next year, but it's always good to have a stable of rbs and if that comes at the cost of the best backup qb in the league, so be it.

Ideally I would have had a choice of better rb or higher draft pick, but sometimes the market is what it is.

Thanks. As a point of reference here’s an example of a trade in my league that was recently made, again we’re in the phase where teams become buyers and teams become sellers (so in essence if you decide you’re no longer in it you aren’t going to give up keepable assets for a stud):

Team A trades Julio Jones, Team B trades Courtland Sutton and TY Hilton. By all measures this is a horrible trade for Team A *on paper* but again if no one is buying you’re forced to make the trade that’s in front of you otherwise if you keep that stud at a higher price you won’t be able to field a decent team.

Here’s another trade: Team A (this is the same team that had Julio) trades: Michael Thomas and Jacoby Brisset, Team B trades: DJ Moore, Mecole Hardman, Jimmy Garapolo and Josh Gordon. Meh.

So Team A trades Julio Jones, Michael Thomas and Jacoby Brisset and only gets in return a total of Courtland Sutton, Hilton, DJ Moore, Mecole, Jimmy G and Josh Gordon.

There’s only a few teams that have a perfect profile of having the incentive to acquire studs and also have trade commodities to give in return so that limits your haul you get in return. You can easily say “well just don’t trade the stud then if that’s all you can get for him” but you will likely lose the stud for nothing if you can’t keep him on your team. I could’ve kept Lamar and next yr he’d around $16 which is what top QBs typically go for but two yrs from now when he goes up to $26 it’d be hard to justify keeping him at that salary in a 10 team 1 QB league.

I agree with everyone. You sold Lamar for less than you should have been able to. I also agree that it's a good move for you. Who knows how any of those players shape up next year, but it's always good to have a stable of rbs and if that comes at the cost of the best backup qb in the league, so be it.

Thanks. As a point of reference: here’s an example of a trade in my league that was recently made, again we’re in the phase where teams become buyers and teams become sellers (so in essence if you decide you’re no longer in it you aren’t going to give up keepable assets for a stud):

Team A trades Julio Jones, Team B trades Courtland Sutton and TY Hilton. I suspect Hilton was included to make it work for salary cap purposes. By all measures this is a horrible trade for Team A *on paper* but again if no one is buying you’re forced to make the trade that’s in front of you otherwise if you keep that stud at a higher price you won’t be able to field a decent team.

Here’s another trade: Team A (this is the same team that had Julio) trades: Michael Thomas and Jacoby Brisset, Team B trades: DJ Moore, Mecole Hardman, Jimmy Garapolo and Josh Gordon. Meh.

So Team A trades Julio Jones, Michael Thomas and Jacoby Brisset and only gets in return a total of Courtland Sutton, Hilton, DJ Moore, Mecole, Jimmy G and Josh Gordon.

There’s only a few teams that have a perfect profile of having the incentive to acquire studs and also have trade commodities to give in return.
    I think what most people are saying is you didnt have to trade either QB this year. You could have kept and waited tell you got more value next year instead of selling so low. You basically gave him away imo

• Team A trades Julio Jones, Team B trades Courtland Sutton and TY Hilton. By all measures this is a horrible trade for Team A *on paper* but again if no one is buying you’re forced to make the trade that’s in front of you otherwise if you keep that stud at a higher price you won’t be able to field a decent team.

The julio trade IMO Team B won.
    Michael Thomas trade...was not worth it unless their QB was Trubisky, Tannehill, Mayfield, Darnold or some other bad QB it does not make a lot of sense.

• I got some terrible offers and will keep both. L Jackson for tj hockensen and baker mayfield and no 😆.

I got some terrible offers and will keep both. L Jackson for tj hockensen and baker mayfield and no 😆.

That offer would have looked really good...before the season started.