fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Tampa Bay Bucs Offense

2»

Comments

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,641
    WTCM said:

New scheme in TB, i wouldn't be shocked if Jones became the starter and puts up high RB2 numbers in that offense

Wow.... I actually thought I was the only person who even thought that.... Jones struggled with maturity at Florida state... Struggled with it last year.... Is I have read.... Now u read he appears to get it... I think.... Dudes got the physically ability....will it click upstairs? At his current cost im willing to let it play out
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 1,224
    I would not be surprised if Jamis Winston throws as many TD's as INT's, damn king of interceptions.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,059
    FYI- RoJo went to USC.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,641

FYI- RoJo went to USC.

Oops... I actually knew that... Long day... My bad
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,188
    edited June 25
    Well the way I look at it is this, he was talented in USC. Skill just doesn't disappear. Devonte Freeman sucked his first year, as did Todd Gurley. Both had, lets face is lousy OCs. The following year once their OC was changed or scheme was flipped, both became top 5 backs. I'm not saying RJ3 will be a top 5 guy. But if the regime that drafted him high gives him that starting role which is very attainable, in that offence? He's going to be a viable fantasy option.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,268
    I just have to see him do something with my own eyeballs before I drink the koolaid. So far underwhelming.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,520
    RoJo = flop IMO. I have Peyton Barber in a 16 teamer and looked to trade him for reasonable value and no one seems to be a believer that he'll get the rock.

I have been shocked, but after reading this I see why, most seem to think the an immature RB who could not learn a play last year will suddenly Rb the primary Rb in TB, after they changed OC this year and have another new system to learn. Not a chance IMO, he's going to need another year and likely look like a bad NFL pick by 2020....

Its a shame, as he does seem to have some physical talent in there, but man if he can't get the playbook as a RB you don't get on the field.... Especially the blocking schemes and hot route options based on coverage. He is going to BUST, big time. RoJo = NoGo
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,869
    edited June 25
    WTCM said:

New scheme in TB, i wouldn't be shocked if Jones became the starter and puts up high RB2 numbers in that offense

I wouldn't be surprised either.
    Iceman said:

WTCM said:

I would be surprised either.
    please please please be true
    Mod - Sleeper U

Iceman said:

WTCM said:

@rabidbucfan you can dream all you want, but why would you think that he'll pick up this system any better than he didn't pick up last year's system.... Kid is over his head in scheme due to poor college coaching that did not prepare him for any NF:L system.

USC does that, win now, win for the school, not really caring about the kids development and future. Total different mindset and way of recruiting than say Bama, Ohio St - which brings in talent that they flat out tell them they are training them for a life in the NFL. Nothing wrong with either system for the colleges, but the kids from USC always seem to need time to learn in the NFL....
    Hawk12 said:

Iceman said:

WTCM said:

@rabidbucfan you can dream all you want, but why would you think that he'll pick up this system any better than he didn't pick up last year's system.... Kid is over his head in scheme due to poor college coaching that did not prepare him for any NF:L system.

USC does that, win now, win for the school, not really caring about the kids development and future. Total different mindset and way of recruiting than say Bama, Ohio St - which brings in talent that they flat out tell them they are training them for a life in the NFL. Nothing wrong with either system for the colleges, but the kids from USC always seem to need time to learn in the NFL....
    @Hawk12 I'm just hoping so Barber doesn't get killed lol - honestly I don't think Jones will make the grade. I think he'll get the chance but it would not surprise me at all to see Bruce Anderson/Dare Ogunbowale working into the rotation as RB2.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    Jone's in Bruce Arians offence, which is golden for backs. And honestly I don't think Barber is the long term answer. They didn't draft a RB so they seem to be pleased with what they have. I get the whole USC thing but I don't think there are 5 big name colleges that you can list that actually do care for the players more so than the $. Standing on the sidelines watching others play should be motivation to learn the book and do what's asked for. He's had the off season to do so. If he falters this year I can understand but writing the kid off so soon would be foolishly premature. Especially when he comes at such a cheap cost.

PS, I'm a fan of Bruce Anderson as well. But lets see how things pan out.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,059
    The knock on Bama is that the Players are washed up, banged up & over worked in College. Injured & nothing left tin the tank for NFL. That is not my stance but I have heard it a lot.
    WTCM said:

I get the whole USC thing but I don't think there are 5 big name colleges that you can list that actually do care for the players more so than the $.

Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, Clemson, T A&M to begin with. The above recruit and tell players they will be prepared to play in the NFL when they are done, and that college is a time to have fun and develop into an even betterplayer, and become a hero at the university for life.

These teams recruit on a different level - USC, Cal, Oklahoma, Flordia State. They tell players they are going to be the greatest college players ever and going to be stars there, and when they are done will move on to the NFL.

Both methods bring in top talent, for personal ego reasons, and it works well. The "old school" Bear Bryant method of preparing men for life and life in the NFL now seems to produce more NFL players over the long run..... The only reason I recall this was the hiring of Urban Myers from FLorida to Ohio State, he talked about the difference in an interview on the radio and it stuck with me. I've asked some friends at NFL films and that work for the Eagles about this over the years, and they all seem to keep the same step to the drum. Kids from certain schools develop into better pros.

Have you not noticed certain NFL teams, and owners, prefer kids from specific schools? This is the reason, they like that type of attitude those schools recruit
    There are several reasons why owners choose kids coming up. Also coaches and methods change. Parents also have a big hand in grooming their kids. Ever case is different. I don't want to sway away from the topic too much. I just think Jones has what it takes to turn things around for the Bucs and deserves a second crack at it after a year of taking a back seat. Regardless of how he was recruited. And if he's having difficulties with the playbook, that's where the staff should help. That's why they themselves are recruited, right?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

There are several reasons why owners choose kids coming up. Also coaches and methods change. Parents also have a big hand in grooming their kids. Ever case is different. I don't want to sway away from the topic too much. I just think Jones has what it takes to turn things around for the Bucs and deserves a second crack at it after a year of taking a back seat. Regardless of how he was recruited. And if he's having difficulties with the playbook, that's where the staff should help. That's why they themselves are recruited, right?

OK, back to the topic at hand. Here my take, and WHY I so consident to not own any shares, or try to get any RoJo, and why I think Peyton Barber will lead the team in snaps, carries and RB targets by a mile this year.

One could only hope.... I;m just not a believer in RoJo, he was not able to 'get it' at all last year...... Even some tough offensive playbooks can get a rookie in there that knows a handful of plays and can contribute a little, if only to see what they kid can do on the field with the grown men in the NFL....

Peton Barber played on 616 snaps last year, Jaquizz (who is not a very good player at all and should have ben unseated by ANY rookie) played 367 snaps, RoJo, he got 90 all year......

RoJo got only 25% of the plays that Quizz played in because he couldn't block, couldn't learn option pass protection, and couldn't learn hot reads for RB to slide out for short swing passes.....

He was targets TWICE in 9 games, ran the ball only FIVE times in 9 games, after week 5 he never saw more than 4 snaps the rest of the year. His snaps went DOWN all year, they gave him a chance and he blew it in the film room room and playbook study before he ever got on the field.....

TB drafted no RBs, that surprised the hell out of me, they have a need, and are "hoping" RoJo will 'get it' . As my grandfather told me, you know what hand full up first when you put your hope in one and you take a crap in the other? Hope is not a plan for success, hard work is. To your point, yes TB should prob have a full time hand holder taking this kid to film room studies, they should have a staffer assigned to teach this kid everything. Do they? I mean we all have heard how some notable WRs in the past have had a chaperone assigned by the team. That is what it will take for RoJo IMO, and that is IF he tries as well....
    edited June 27
    We don't know how much work Jones is putting into this. We need your friend to send us some of those tapes from Tampa, lol. Hope all our draft picks pan out but they don't. TB is one of those teams that don't do well when it comes to RBs. Martin was their last quality back and he only had 2 good years. Gone are the Warrick Dunn days. What perplexes me is how you can be so high on a poddler like Jordan Howard yet have such disdain on Ronald Jones. Its almost comical.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

We don't know how much work Jones is putting into this. We need your friend to send us some of those tapes from Tampa, lol. Hope all our draft picks pan out but they don't. TB is one of those teams that don't do well when it comes to RBs. Martin was their last quality back and he only had 2 good years. Gone are the Warrick Dunn days. What perplexes me is how you can be so high on a poddler like Jordan Howard yet have such disdain on Ronald Jones. Its almost comical.

Pumped on Jordan Howard is volume driven, disdain on RoJo is volume deficient. How is that comical? No Sproles in Philly, the rookie in Philly is also having a tough time in film and getting the playbook. So he's not going to see much of the field. Hey you are welcome to your opinion on players too. I'm not saying BUY Jordan Howard, just a great throw in player that many are super down on

I don't have heartbeat of TB, just the Eagles..... NFL films is 20 minutes from Linc Financial and almost all the guys there are Eagles fans.
    Update 9/1/19
    Ryan Griffin is the backup to watch if anything happens to Winston.
    All the WR’s will get into the mix somewhere along the line. Perriman for best ball he may have a couple weeks where he gets a deep one for a TD. Godwin, Evans and Watson all rosterable from WR1 to flex.
    TE sweet mother of pearl how many TE’s can you have OJ TE1, Brate TE2 and the prince of preseason Tanner Hudson on speed dial. They can all make things happen.
    RB’s Barber is the starter, Rojo still looks like he is a boy in a man’s place. Dare Ogunbowale will take the roll over Rojo imo he runs hard, is fearless and can catch. Bummer that they waived Bruce Anderson he didn’t get a fair shake imo Ellington looked like crap but they kept putting him in. Hope the young guy gets picked up from ww.
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 376
    edited September 12
    Barbers combine stats really worried me, he's too powerful and will make some high speed hits. (That's a big no, no with everyone's concerns about concussiouns these days) I sort of saw a Georgia RB like Keith Marshall in him, too much power and speed for the NFL. Glad he stuck around, but he won't be around for long. Really don't know what the Bucs are planning, but this team always finds a way to the playoffs.
    Disfunctional Maniac
    Ronald Jones actually looked very good week 1. Its Howard and Winston that kicked the can.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • RoJo's definitely running hard. For whatever reason, I have more shares of him than any player in the league. I kept on pulling the trigger in the 8th/9th round on the guy. Wish he could just command more snaps. He got about 1/3rd of the work. The O-Line is really bad in Tampa and Carolina under Rivera typically tries to stop the run & make you beat him with the pass. The way Winston played against the 49ers, I don't see Rivera changing that strategy up tonight. Unless he breaks off a long run, I'm thinking under 100 total yards for RoJo and you're hoping for him to get a TD or two if you insert him in you're line-up.
    Very bad team, Winston will be replace again shortly. It might be tonight. Fire up that Carolina D
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • I think they ride Winston out and call this a lost season. They don't have a developmental QB on the roster to justify playing over Winston. Arians was brought in to see if he could salvage anything out of Winston. I have zero confidence Winston will be anything more than he is. A talented QB with poor accuracy and judgment (both on and off the field).
    boyzball said:

Very bad team, Winston will be replace again shortly. It might be tonight. Fire up that Carolina D

Who they gonna play? Blaine Gabbert? lol
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

boyzball said:

Throw in Ryan Griffin.
    Mod - Sleeper U
    WTCM said:

boyzball said:

Evans and OJ were busts, Gabs couldn't do worse. No shares of anyone on this team, LOL. I'm steaming every defense the Bucs play.
    Evans (the diva) was ill-ovarian cyst or something he should be better tonight , have no idea what happened to OJ he just crapped the bed. Rojo had his best run as a NFL RB last week. If he can build on that then there is hope there. Captain Crab Legs was just a deer in the headlights look'n mofo. It's like he regressed completely. The QB whisperer better start yelling at him or maybe whisper in someone else's ear. The D looked ok though. Better than last year any way.
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • I’m trying to sell my one share of evans. I don’t want any part of this offense
    edited September 30
    WTCM said:

I won't bore you all with a long arse spiel. But Ronald Jones II is a startable RB in any format.

Flop my ass . Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha... yeah.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: