fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Josh Jacobs can win you a league, yes.

boyzballboyzball Posts: 972
I had this guy as the best rookie RB who had the chance to get big time carries. It was Josh and Monty. Josh Jacobs 113 total yds 2 td's vs a good Denver D and I came away impressed. Monty is a bust. Julio/Thomas/Cooper/Jacobs/Carson > is looking like a league winner 4 me.
In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~

Comments

• Agree on Jacobs being stout, but Monty is NOT a bust, JFC. LOL. He will be the man soon enough. He wasn't used right last week, that was on Nagy. He's GOOD.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • ScorpScorp Posts: 375
    I'm happy to have snatched him up in the 4th of the IBL Redraft Format after grabbing Barkley at 1.01. Here was my thinking. So the Giants let arguably one of the best receivers in Beckham go, and the Raiders let an under valued Amari Cooper go, who I believe has just as much talent as Julio Jones. So I thought, you know what, if they don't have anything over the top, this guy in the box will atleast handle the ball, not just a little, but a ton this year.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,885
    Give Monty the same amount of touches and look out.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Monty, reminds me of the name of some guy named Montee Ball. Not interested.
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • @Scorp Ironically, Ball and Montgomery have very similiar athletic profiles. Hopefully that's as far as the comparison goes.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,577
    Luv this kid....
    I wish I had paid more attention to the athletic ability of the Saints new RB
    Disfunctional Maniac
    edited September 10
    and mccaffery, forget about that, that guy is out of this world, this guy is the next hershal walker
    Disfunctional Maniac
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 972
    Scorp said:

I'm starting to feel like that. And Mike Davis outscores Monty in Denver week 2, omg.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
    boyzball said:

Scorp said:

I'm starting to feel like that. And Mike Davis outscores Monty in Denver week 2, omg.
    I bet you not.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

boyzball said:

Scorp said:

I bet you not.
    JK. Josh Jacobs will score more than Monty this week, next week and ros.
    boyzball said:

WTCM said:

boyzball said:

Scorp said:

I bet you not.
    Jacobs has nothing besides him in the back field. He's the offence. Monty has an idiot play caller hurting him
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,807
    I think Jacobs will produce, and I can definitely see him outproducing Monty this week. Chicago coaching saying they want to ease Monty in. Late season though, I still think Monty is the guy.
    WTCM said:

boyzball said:

WTCM said:

boyzball said:

Scorp said:

I bet you not.
    Jacobs has nothing besides him in the back field. He's the offence. Monty has an idiot play caller hurting him
    True that. I just heard too many experts regarding Monty returning 2nd round value. I found this almost unbelievable. Based my decision off Mike Davis being signed. Cohen in the mix. Trubisket very NOT good. And no tru elite receivers. When watching the game they had all, Monty, Cohen and Davis on the field. This was a garbage formation and I dont see it changing. IMO the Bears did not get better. There were only concerned with their kicker hitting the 1st fg.
    Uh Damien Williams was drafted super high and he didn't perform well week 1. Nor did a first round pick in James Connor. Give Monty time to explode.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I actually like Nagy as a play caller and coach. He does a bunch of smoke and mirrors to scheme people open. To me, the dysfunction of the offense is Trubisky unable to make accurate throws and reads. But as for Monty, drafting him in the 2nd round in seasonal leagues was a reach. 4th or 5th round value was appropriate. Another sign you could point to was Mike Davis getting 1st team reps in the only pre-season action the starters got. The hope is that Montgomery commands more carries as the season goes on. Tough for those who drafted him as their RB2 which I did in two of my leagues (ugh!). He's a sit for me until I see it on the field.
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 8,360
    edited September 11
    I think Monty will be startable around week 5.

I'm hoping.