fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff (1pm EST) on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Andrew Luck

IcemanIceman Posts: 5,089
Seems to be difficult to shake....

Andrew Luck QB, Indianapolis Colts
Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) is "not ready to take the next step" in his recovery.

Luck sat out all of minicamp because of his calf injury, but he was expected to be ready for the start of training camp. Luck said he has not improved "pain-wise," however, and the team will hold him back for at least a couple of days. Now going on three months, this injury is becoming a real concern.
Source: Kevin Bowen on Twitter
Jul 30, 2019, 11:22 AM ET

Comments

• IcemanIceman Posts: 5,089
    Interesting....

Andrew Luck: My Achilles is not at extra risk
    Posted by Josh Alper on July 30, 2019, 12:52 PM EDT

When discussing the plan to manage the calf injury that kept quarterback Andrew Luck out in the offseason, Colts head coach Frank Reich cited NBA star Kevin Durant tearing his Achilles after returning from a calf injury as a reason to be cautious with Luck.

Reich said that before Tuesday’s news that Luck will be out of practice in the coming days because of the calf issue and the Durant reference came up again with the quarterback when he was asked about the injury.

Luck stressed that tests have shown that “my Achilles is not at extra risk” and that there is “no tear or swelling indicated” in the results. He did reference his own injury history by saying that he knows that the continued presence of pain is a sign that he has to try something different.

“I did not improve, feeling-wise, pain-wise, and this is something I vowed to myself after going thru 2016 and 2017, that I would be honest to myself,” Luck said, via Zak Keefer of TheAthletic.com.

Luck said he “absolutely” expects to be ready to play by the start of the regular season and plenty of people will be watching closely for signs that his health is heading in the right direction leading into Week One.
  • I’ve heard that from him and the team before and will not trust them again. Luck will not be on any of my teams!

• G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,978
    edited July 30

I’ve heard that from him and the team before and will not trust them again. Luck will not be on any of my teams!

This is what makes it kind of troubling, expect a torn Achilles before week 1
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,667

I’ve heard that from him and the team before and will not trust them again. Luck will not be on any of my teams!

I'm buying. He just needs to rest it and proper rehab. Do not rush him. He knows his body, and should be fine.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,155

Agreed!

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,671
    WTCM said:

I'm buying. He just needs to rest it and proper rehab. Do not rush him. He knows his body, and should be fine.
    I've never wanted to agree with u more...im hopeful.... Kinda
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 1,224
    Luck is having a huge season, this is a playoff team thats going to score points.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
    Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) will sit out the next three days of practice.

Reich also recently noted Luck was "not ready to take the next step." This affirms the team will continue to move their franchise play-caller along slowly with an eye on Week 1. Now going on three months, Luck's injury is becoming a genuine concern, especially since he's currently being drafted as fantasy's QB2.
    Source: Indianapolis Colts on Twitter
    Aug 3, 2019, 6:48 PM ET
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,219
    Iceman said:

Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) will sit out the next three days of practice.

Reich also recently noted Luck was "not ready to take the next step." This affirms the team will continue to move their franchise play-caller along slowly with an eye on Week 1. Now going on three months, Luck's injury is becoming a genuine concern, especially since he's currently being drafted as fantasy's QB2.
    Source: Indianapolis Colts on Twitter
    Aug 3, 2019, 6:48 PM ET

Thanks for the update @Iceman Glad I have Wilson as my #1a
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Minshew / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard, J.Hill
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Dissly, Hockenson, Gesicki, J.Smith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
    Apparently Jim Irsay on Sirius radio said there is a bone issue in Luck's leg..... more to follow.
    As the calf injury for Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck continues to linger, owner Jim Irsay revealed that there is a little more to it than simply the calf.

Luck has been off the field for roughly two weeks now after suffering a setback with a calf strain that has been lingering since May. It kept him from the team workouts in the spring and while he began training camp working in a limited fashion, he never progressed to team drills. Following the setback on July 30, Luck was shut down from all practices.

While the calf has been said where the pain is, Irsay told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday that Luck is also dealing with a “small little bone” issue, per Kevin Bowen of 1070 The Fan.

It isn’t quite clear what that means for Luck’s recovery time. It could explain why the pain is still there after all these months. The Colts have maintained the expectation that Luck will be ready for the regular-season opener, but the 29-year-old has yet to practice in a full team capacity.

Luck has been adamant about not pushing too hard through injury recoveries ever since he suffered the setback trying to come back too soon from shoulder surgery in 2017. It was a tough lesson to learn, but it is one of the biggest reasons why he’s still off the field going through rigorous rehab.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,755
    One guy I’m staying away from... especially in IBL!! Oh yeah, I have two qbs already so no need to worry.
    He'd make a great back up though..
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,039
    I'm starting to really worry about Luck's future in the NFL. I have no shares of him in any of my leagues though.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    It would have helped if he would have had a decent front line in his early years
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I’d take this opportunity to buy low.
    Well you ain’t selling him for value, that’s for sure

If Irsay didn’t lie to the fans for an entire year about Lucks injury, his injury and recovery now would be more beliable
    What's he suppose to say, there's a significant chance our franchise QB may miss the entire season. Oh btw, we have season tickets available?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • the_FULL_effectthe_FULL_effect Posts: 1,909
    I just heard the indy local radio guys talking about it. Sounds like minor thing caused after a muscle strain that would make the injury become increasingly painful. Recovery is minimal once diagnosed/surgically removed. I'm taking this chance to buy luck and TY if I can.

None of this has been reported. It was just pieced together by a couple of morons with connections, but the it makes the entire situation make a lot of sense.
    edited August 13
    WTCM said:

What's he suppose to say, there's a significant chance our franchise QB may miss the entire season. Oh btw, we have season tickets available?

Correct and that’s exactly why he can’t be trusted
  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,155
    From my inbox:

"From Mike Chappell reporting about Colts owner Jim Irsay's comments on the radio. Irsay said: "I really feel very confident that he’s going to find his way through this thing. After the (Kevin) Durant thing, everyone’s erring on the side of caution. But quite frankly, this is not even in the Achilles tendon. It’s in another area. It’s a bone. I’m not good at these things. It’s a small little bone and Ryan Diem had it and Raheem Brock I think had it the trainers told me. But he’s doing very well. Very excited. He’s a married man, baby on the way. He couldn’t be more excited for the season, and we wish there wasn’t any little tweaks at all . . . but these things come up and you have to deal with them."

First thing. Consider the source. He might own the team, but I'm not sure how much stock I'm putting in Jim Irsay's medical diagnosis. He even warns us, "I’m not good at these things." So be careful.

Secondly, there are smart people out there who are concerned too.

Dr. David Chao had this today:

"Not ready to write or express a formal opinion on the latest #AndrewLuck news and Irsay quotes but here are preliminary thoughts by putting all the pieces together.

1) team says calf

2) Luck says lower leg

3) no one says Achilles

4) Luck indicated ankle pain

5) Irsay says bone issue

6) irsay started to say "Mo..."

7) timining if injury not pinpointed

8) clearly has lingered

9) MRI shows nothing

Am I missing anything?

When there are differing stories, the truth is always somewhere in the middle. What might explain this all is: Myositis Ossificans.

This is a condition of hererotopic ossification (extra bone forming in the soft tissue). Not dangerous, not cancer, but can cause symptoms.

Typically, myositis ossificans happens after direct trauma and bleeding. This might imply the issue started during seasom as offseason there should be no trauma. The bome formation does take months."

Will Carroll today wrote:

"Myositis ossificans would explain nearly everything Luck has said - focus on Xrays, surgery ruled out, etc - but doesn’t explain why Colts continually said strain. Nor does it give a clear path forward."

This of course sent Twitter to the Medical Reference Books. Myositis Ossificans, like a great many injures, sounds pretty scary with a recovery timeline measured in months.

But before we go any further, take a deep breath and let's be totally clear. Neither Chao nor Carroll are definitively claiming Luck is dealing with Myositis Ossificans. They're suggesting given the clues they see, Myositis Ossificans might be the issue. But when smart people with experience (and these are both smart people with experience) suggest something like this, pay attention."

So..
    G_Men said:

WTCM said:

This.

Also:

http://bleacherreport.com/post/andrew-luck/f3be1c2d-357a-4190-846f-582ed12f9b5f

G_Men said:

So..

G_Men said:

WTCM said:

This.

Also:

http://bleacherreport.com/post/andrew-luck/f3be1c2d-357a-4190-846f-582ed12f9b5f

To expound on the above.

Colts GM Chris Ballard said Andrew Luck's ankle "needs to be addressed."

Luck underwent more testing recently, and the Colts believe Luck doesn't exactly have the "small little bone issue" they originally thought he had. Instead, they are now focusing on the "high ankle area." It's certainly odd that they haven't found the exact cause of Luck's discomfort, especially since he's been dealing with it for months, but the Colts remain confident that he'll be ready for Week 1. Ballard said they are taking Luck "day by day" while they fine-tune his rehab treatment. There are no plans for surgery at this time. Stay tuned.
    Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter
    Aug 13, 2019, 7:54 PM ET
    What an inept training/medical staff.... The Colts are consistently poor, think they would fix this staff.
  • the_FULL_effectthe_FULL_effect Posts: 1,909
    If anyone can, it's Jim Irsay.
  • TripleThreatTripleThreat Posts: 436

I'm starting to really worry about Luck's future in the NFL. I have no shares of him in any of my leagues though.

my thoughts exactly...

• boyzballboyzball Posts: 1,224
    Pick up Brissett.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
    boyzball said:

Pick up Brissett.

Ugh..
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,436
    G_Men said:

boyzball said:

Pick up Brissett.

Ugh..
    G_Men said:

boyzball said:

Pick up Brissett.

Ugh..
    then move entire Colts offense down
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    edited August 14
    Yeah.. I think they could be more conservative and run heavy with brissett.. their oline is rock solid, Mack would get a heavy workload.

Hilton will have those 5/150 games and then a bunch of 3/25 with Brissett throwing to him again.

Maybe Luck plays through the pain, and maybe he surprises. Who knows?