fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Kyler Murray

Nobody talks about how Kyler will win leagues. QB and rushing abilities are elite. 2 or 3 qb leagues, this guy is the gold mine. Top 10 or better finish.
In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~

Comments

• G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,618
    He probably has the best chance to pull a Watson rookie year or a Mahomes-lite season out of all the talent that late in drafts. He’s worth a grab
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,024
    He looked very smooth the other night. Super stoked to see how it goes with him at the helm.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 753
    I was listening to a podcast that said QBs as small as Kyler do not traditionally do well in the NFL and he would be an outlier if he succeeded. His comp is Russell’s Wilson, however if you thought Johnny Manziel was undersized Kyler is 2 inches shorter than him. I won’t reach for Kyler in the first round of my rookie draft but if he’s there in the 2nd round I’ll have a lot of thinking to do.
    Yeah don’t agree with that assessment. Drew Brees is a perfect example.

NFL is changing.. rules are totally different for QB now than they were not too long ago. I think he’ll thrive if surrounded with some talent. I think he’s a top 3 athlete at the position, only time will tell how it translates to the NFL level
    G_Men said:

Yeah don’t agree with that assessment. Drew Brees is a perfect example.

NFL is changing.. rules are totally different for QB now than they were not too long ago. I think he’ll thrive if surrounded with some talent. I think he’s a top 3 athlete at the position, only time will tell how it translates to the NFL level

Drew Brees is 6’1. He’s a tree compared to a player who is 5’8. Kyler looks very small on the field. I like him a lot but I’m not gonna reach for him, that’s all I’m saying.

edited August 11
    I plan on starting Lamar Jackson, who is 6’2 and nearly 10 lbs heavier. Look at a pic of Kyler playing in NFL preseason- he looks like a kid. I’m sure he’s gonna be great but for him to be great he’s gonna have to be an outlier. Doug Flutie was 5’10 even, Kyler’s smaller than Doug Flutie.

We all get excited with rookies but really you have to do away with “going with your gut” and really get into the research of what similar players with the same makeup were able to do. Kyler is small. Very small. That’s even smaller than what we look for in bell cow RBs! That may very well play a factor into how much success he has in his career.
  • the_FULL_effectthe_FULL_effect Posts: 1,640
    Murray measured 5'10, 207 lbs
    edited August 11
    This looks like a kid among men:

16990B99-BF92-4EA1-9220-7FD22C6C64A9.jpg

Ok so he is same height as Doug Flutie. Congrats that’s surely an accomplishment lol.

edited August 11

Yeah not sure where you got 5’8..

Brees is 6’0
    Manziel is 6’0
    Wilson is 5’11

Murray is 5’10.. can he have trouble? Maybe, I just don’t think in today’s NFL it’s an end all.. especially when you consider that Murray is twice the athlete (maybe not Wilson) any of these guys are.

Brock Osweiler is 6’7
    Ryan Mallet 6’6

Well, you get the point. Just my opinion of course, only time will tell of his success.

As far as the comment about bellcow RB.. you can’t hit QB anymore.. the league has gone soft.

This looks like a kid among men:

16990B99-BF92-4EA1-9220-7FD22C6C64A9.jpg

This picture is ridiculous though 🤣
  • bruceflashbruceflash Posts: 126
    I think Kyler Murray can put up Top 5 numbers this year. Trying to get him as my 2nd QB in every league. It's hard. His ADP is all over the place.
    Oklahoma football lists him at 5-foot-10 and 195 pounds, Oklahoma baseball says he’s 5-foot-11, as does Google.

But especially for athletes on the shorter side, it’s possible their official sizes are exaggerated a little – and some have pointed out that he might actually be a few inches shorter. Last week on First Take, Stephen A. Smith praised Murray’s talent and speed, but said “it’s kind and generous to say he’s 5-9.”

Well, Mike Houck, Oklahoma’s assistant athletics director for strategic communications, took issue with that, and he tweeted Murray’s exact measured height from the beginning of the 2018 college football season, which is 5-foot-9 and 7/8 inches in socks.
    Yeah, I’m pretty sure they ALL exaggerate. In every sport, starting in high school.

• swampiesswampies Posts: 3,514

I plan on starting Lamar Jackson, who is 6’2 and nearly 10 lbs heavier.

I’d rather start Murray just because he can throw the ball and run. Lamar can only run and when he does throw the ball good luck if he hits his targets, Just saying!
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    It’s an auction keeper league. I have him for $1.50. If he passes even at an average rate his rushing stats over the full course of a season will make him a top 15 QB, at worst. He’s the best rushing QB in the game today and he won’t break as easy as a QB who looks like Kyler would. I like Kyler, but damn is he small.
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 488
    Interesting tread to look back on throughout the season.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,514
    edited August 11
    You know what they say “it’s not the size that matters it how they use it” 😂
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

You know what they say “it’s not the size that matters it how they use it” 😂

Thats what she said!
  • DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 666
    He also has great streamability in handful of weeks vs teams in the top 3rd of points given up to opposing QBs. He’s definitely someone I’ll be looking at late if I miss out on watson/mayfield
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,626
    Kid's accurate, has a cannon for an arm and can run. Best of all, he shown poise and was unrattled when the pressure came. He's a stud in the making.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • WTCM said:

Kid's accurate, has a cannon for an arm and can run. Best of all, he shown poise and was unrattled when the pressure came. He's a stud in the making.

Totally agree. I may select him with either pick 1.05 or 1.07 in our rookie/free agent draft.
    QB:BenRothlisberger,Pat Mahomes, Chase Daniel;RB:Zeke Elliott, Frank Gore, Dalvin Cook, Spencer Ware and Doug Martin;WR Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr., Donte Moncrief, Josh Doctson, John Ross, Christian Kirk and Antonio Callaway;TE: Jordan Reed and Evan Engram; K Will Lutz and Chris Bosworth; Defense: Bengals and Rams. Start: QB, (2) RB, (2) WR, TE, K and D.
    Damn that was an ugly outing for Murray vs the Raiders. K1 was under duress but at least he didn't turn the ball over, fumbles or int's and its only preseason. I'm taking it that Zona doesn't want the league to know nothing about what they are doing.
    Yeah very vanilla offense displayed.. also, their oline still stinks
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,626
    I predicted him for 800 rushing yards, with that line, he might be over 900 and running for his life.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • wh0urdadywh0urdady Posts: 3,351
    I predict playing baseball in 2 years
    QB: Cousins, Jackson Bortles, Dalton
    RB: Mixon, Hunt, Coleman, Ware, Breida
    WR: Julio, M Thomas, Golladay, DT, Crabtree, Agholor, Higgins , Moncrief
    TE: Gronk, Rudy, ASJ, Kittle
    DST: LA Rams

Taxi
    Guice
    Callaway
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,281
    wh0urdady said:

I predict playing baseball in 2 years

Haha! Wouldn’t be a bad gig though.... he’ll make some serious $$
    Wait for game 3, maybe they show something.
    I saw the raw footage of the Raiders game and there's some positive take aways from the Murray performance. One, he made the right reads. He over threw his receivers on numerous occasions but the correct thought process was there. Just need to clean that up. Two, the offensive line actually blocked better than expected. He didn't get pressured inside. On the plays where he was running for his life were either on an overload blitz to one side of the line and the back missed the block and/or Murray didn't keep the TE to block. Yeah they run 4 wide but Maxx Williams was on the field as one of the 4 WRs for quite a bit of plays. Third, while the Cards were playing a vanilla type of offense, the Raiders were disguising their coverages and bringing all sorts of unique pressure in a pre-season game. That's uncommon. Gruden is trying to build a winning culture and he's actively trying to win games even in the pre-season. I get it. But most coaches use the pre-season for player evaluation and can give a rip about the wins/losses. I'm still taking Murray as a high risk QB1 but it's smart to pair him with a safe low ceiling QB2 in case Kingsbury/Murray can't adapt to the NFL.
    But here's my anti Murray assessment which should be monitored. He hasn't attempted any passes in the middle of the field which plays into the small height narrative. Can he see over an NFL line to make those throws? Based on pre-season performance, jury is still out on that