fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Harry or Hendy at 1.02?

DAXDAX Posts: 1,461
Took over a team that is rb and wr deficient. I have the #2 pick.

16 team ppr, start 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2 flex.

Rbs - bell, ballage, barber
Wrs - Godwin, cobb, Richardson
Tes - kelce, walker

That's literally it. The guy drafting in the start up last year must have forgotten he had to start 3wrs. And I traded for Godwin and ballage, gave up Sony. So you can imagine how bad it was.

I was always gonna draft Harry since I joined the league a month ago but I'm warming up to Henderson in mcvays offense. He won't need many touches to put points on the board.

Who ya got?

Comments

• Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,403
    @ Dax, can you taxi squad? If so I taker NKeal and taxi him, trade Leveon for 2020 1st to a bad team that'll have an early 1st and more picks and some good young prospect, trade Kelce for as much youth and picks as you can - taxi NKeal and load up on 2020 picks, there are many great Rbs coming next year.

You are several starters away from competing IMO, no depth and one injury form being really bad. Kelce or Bell go down and you are a one player team.... unless its a 16-20 team league, that not good

I know the love around here for Hendy, and I think he has massive potential as well, that said, he's going to be a RBBC at best with Gurley for the next few years. Then again, that may be the Kamara low touch high point guy - I do see Smitty's point there and agree with his explosiveness.

Like to see others thought here as well, since you are going to need help
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,461
    it is a 16 team league. you must have missed it. and there isn't a taxi squad but the roster has no depth so 13 spots of my 15 man bench are open right now. i get the feeling the guy wasn't active and didn't make any moves during the season to better the team.

i also didn't mention that it's an idp league and this guy stocked up on dl and lb talent (that's why he didn't pick any good wrs, the putz). the qb is mahommes. so this team has potential. my idp guys make me competitive, i just need a wr and rb to finish the roster off.

henderson will hit the ground running. i reckon he can put up 13+ points per week. harry, i'm not sure how quickly he will contribute.
  • RamosianoRamosiano Posts: 185
    WR's in the first year are very unpredictable.

I have 1.3 and I believe that I will have to choose between Harry, Hendy and possibly Monty. I will choose Hendy...
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,935
    Reports out of NE are that Harry can't get separation from Gilmore in practice. But that is practice- & Harry is a big possession wr anyway. Just stating what I read

DAX said:

it is a 16 team league. you must have missed it. and there isn't a taxi squad but the roster has no depth so 13 spots of my 15 man bench are open right now. i get the feeling the guy wasn't active and didn't make any moves during the season to better the team.

i also didn't mention that it's an idp league and this guy stocked up on dl and lb talent (that's why he didn't pick any good wrs, the putz). the qb is mahommes. so this team has potential. my idp guys make me competitive, i just need a wr and rb to finish the roster off.

henderson will hit the ground running. i reckon he can put up 13+ points per week. harry, i'm not sure how quickly he will contribute.

scratch everything I said since its IDP and that's loaded and you ahve Mahomes, that is soldi IDP, Mahomes, Bell and Kelce - that is a good start to a team there... 16 teamer at that.

Take the pick and use it hwo you feel best. I like N'keal to be a dominant WR, and also think Henderson has excellent potential to be a strong RB1 if/when Gurley goes the way of Dominick Davis (old time Houston RB that was extremely talented and had several great games, every time he laced them up his knees swelled up like a balloon and he had to sit a few weeks to recover.... Retired early)

SO roster aside, take the player you are most confident in. Right now in 2019 that's be Henderson for me as N'keal will likely take a year or two to develop routes better so Brady will trust him more, and by then Brady will be 78 years old and still playing well
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,323
    No love for Monty?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I would take Monty for sure.
    QB:BenRothlisberger,Pat Mahomes, Chase Daniel;RB:Zeke Elliott, Frank Gore, Dalvin Cook, Spencer Ware and Doug Martin;WR Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr., Donte Moncrief, Josh Doctson, John Ross, Christian Kirk and Antonio Callaway;TE: Jordan Reed and Evan Engram; K Will Lutz and Chris Bosworth; Defense: Bengals and Rams. Start: QB, (2) RB, (2) WR, TE, K and D.
  • The love train is definitely full for Henderson, but I don't think I draft him over N'Keal or Monty right now.

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,124

The love train is definitely full for Henderson, but I don't think I draft him over N'Keal or Monty right now.

I’d have to agree right now. But it’s even better when you can get both Monty & Hendy in a league like I did! 😁👍
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,350
    I have pick 3....5....13....after the NFL draft I thought pick 13 is the perfect pick for henderson.... Then a month passes... I had to convince myself that pick 5 isnt reaching..... Now people are saying I have to convince myself pick 3 isn't reaching? Can't remember a guy whose hype train took off quite like this... Well.. I'm 100% certain I'd take jacobs and Monty over him... I like henderson.. But this is starting to get out of control... I blame smitty... Ha ha
  • RamosianoRamosiano Posts: 185
    kkkkkkkkkk I want to own the new Kamara... what can I do...
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,124
    I’d sit on #5 for him.... that’s where I got him in a draft that was beginning of June. Took Monty at 1.04 and then also traded for the 1.06 and got Deebo
    I think the smart play for me is Harry. I think Richardson is the weakest link, as in he's always injured and I need to start 3 wrs.

However there is the homer element that I may not be able to resist when I'm otc. I'll find out soon.
    Went Harry. It's the best for my team.

There's a guy sitting in the 8th spot, maybe I'll offer him Russell Wilson for the pick if Henderson is still there. He only has Stafford and keenum as his qbs and I'm hoping Murray will be picked before that.

Then again maybe not. I'll wait until a team gets into qb trouble during the season and pull out the Wilson card.
    DAX said:

Went Harry. It's the best for my team.

good move IMO, long term this dude looks beastly, like TO to me
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,323
    Can't fault you for picking Harry, was Monty even a consideration?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    nah it was always gonna be harry after i took over the team. only the homer in me had me considering henderson as the draft neared. but i knew i had to take a wr if the value was there.
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 173
    I believe Harry gets 1000 yds this yr if that puts a cherry on it.
    so, i'm lucky i took harry. got singletary in the 2nd and then justice hill in the 3rd (that's the 34th pick).

strange draft but i'm not complaining.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,935
    That works Dax!

All 3 are solid picks
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,494
    DAX said:

so, i'm lucky i took harry. got singletary in the 2nd and then justice hill in the 3rd (that's the 34th pick).

strange draft but i'm not complaining.

Nice!!
  • I hope my drafts go that way!

• XXXQB12XXXQB12 Posts: 222
    DAX said:

Took over a team that is rb and wr deficient. I have the #2 pick.

16 team ppr, start 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2 flex.

Rbs - bell, ballage, barber
    Wrs - Godwin, cobb, Richardson
    Tes - kelce, walker

That's literally it. The guy drafting in the start up last year must have forgotten he had to start 3wrs. And I traded for Godwin and ballage, gave up Sony. So you can imagine how bad it was.

I was always gonna draft Harry since I joined the league a month ago but I'm warming up to Henderson in mcvays offense. He won't need many touches to put points on the board.

Who ya got?

I'm in exactly the same situation and have been leaning Harry but if he goes 1-1, I'm going Henderson.
  • MVPMVP Posts: 325
    Wow he has risen
    edited July 11
    in my last 4 drafts, the last week or so, henderson has gone between #5 and #7.