fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

2 QB / 2 TE League - Strategy?

I'm in a 12-man redraft that starts 2 QB and 2 TE: qb-qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-te-flex-k-d. 1 ppr.

Would you draft any different in a league like this? Scoring is standard otherwise.

I think QB is VERY deep this year, so I probably won't go QB early. Depending on my draft slot, I could see going elite TE early, 2nd-3rd round. Obviously you need at LEAST three starting QBs, which is where it gets interesting.

THOUGHTS?
D3:
QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
PK—Zuerlain
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
PK—Gostkowski
DEF—Rams, Jags

Comments

• Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,520
    well its also a 3 RB and 4 WR league - so yeah quite a bit differently - BPA, BPA, BPA no matter what position they play. If I had 4 QBs to start, so what, I know I could trade them for other positions as needs wear down and the draft goes on.... 12 team, 2 QB league, yeah the top 24 QBs will all start, and the next 10 will be good bench players.

TE is a bit different, you could get totally shut out, so I may take one before the normal very late range for me. Not saying reach for Kittle or Kecle, as they'll go early

BPA all DAY! Like print SMitty's overall list and ONLY use that, not the positional list. Trade during draft and post-draft as needed
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,845
    Good points, @Hawk12 that's true that it's also a deep RB and WR league as well. Rolling out three RBs means having decent starters there as well, and we know there aren't that many elite, 3-down back in the NFL. I think QBs are deep this year for sure, but TEs fall off a cliff after the top 3-4. I do think there are going to be a lot more TEs stepping up this year, even if they don't hit elite numbers. Good idea with Smitty's list. Thanks. Appreciate you chiming in here.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    yeah dude, kinda got to stick to the overall list for many rounds in with that deep of a starting reqs. Just keep taking who ever they let fall into your lap and don't sweat it if you have an overload at any position - I can guarantee owners post-draft will be looking at their roster and crying in need of several starters at various positions. One might be you, but hopefully you'll have the value at where ever you end up with depth to make commanding trades
    Hawk12 said:

yeah dude, kinda got to stick to the overall list for many rounds in with that deep of a starting reqs. Just keep taking who ever they let fall into your lap and don't sweat it if you have an overload at any position - I can guarantee owners post-draft will be looking at their roster and crying in need of several starters at various positions. One might be you, but hopefully you'll have the value at where ever you end up with depth to make commanding trades

awesome. i have trouble sticking to BPA. LOL. always.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    you even have a flx spot on top of that, so 2QB, 3-4RB, 4-5WR, 2-3TE

Man, I go BPA till round 15, no matter what positions I still have not filled.... Print out an overall list ONLY,take that into your draft and look at ADP heavily the week leading up to your draft - formulate a strategy where you can take 3-4 ELITE studs at any position based on ADP, then go BPA all DAY
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,268
    With all those roster spots and 12 teams BPA is going to play a big role.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    12 starters on offense alone, many leagues have 6-9 offensive starters, bigger leagues have one more - this is silly deep starters, the top 244 offensive players will ALL be starting (unless you have 15 of them, then some players nearing the top 300 mark will be starting.... )

Read that again, and go BPA all day, rules make a huge difference in each league - adapt to this league in your drafting BIG TIME
    hell is this an online money league? if so I want in!
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 836
    Definitely look at the scoring of different positions. I have a feeling there will be an early run QBs and the top 3 TEs. Keep track of the position runs, be prepare to draft a QB earlier than you would like depending on how things play out. You don’t want to get stuck scrambling later in the draft to fill those spots.
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,913
    I’d probably hoard QB WR and TE.. then take chances on low end RB with big upside.. if any of them hit you probably win your league.
    Hawk12 said:

lol it is. $50 buy in. i'll let you know if anyone drops. we've been running it a few years, it's always a blast. all it takes is one of your qbs going down and you're in trouble.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 836

Hawk12 said:

lol it is. $50 buy in. i'll let you know if anyone drops. we've been running it a few years, it's always a blast. all it takes is one of your qbs going down and you're in trouble.
    If you’ve been doing this league for a couple years, I would definitely be analyzing the drafts from previous years and try to pinpoint trends in regards to when what positions are picked when. I’ve been in one very large redraft league for 10 years, I can tell you in that league what rounds are dominated by what positions, and they pretty much hold true every year.
    Agree ^^

You’ll also be able to look at the rosters of Championship teams and analyze their roster structure.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,268
    G_Men said:

Agree ^^

You’ll also be able to look at the rosters of Championship teams and analyze their roster structure.

indeed
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 1,224
    Depends on position of draft. Take a stud early and wr/wr late. I would be getting qb's in the 4th and 5th rd because later you'll be getting the Eli Manning/Daniel Jones combo(nobody else left over) and that means its probably over when facing a Mahomes/Ryan qb combo. This is a very challenging league to draft because of all the spots to fill so you got to know the late round starters/sleepers too!
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
    Yeah, past years, RBs are always hammered early, and then there is a run on QBs. 7 gone in the first three rounds. 22 by the end of the 7th. So if you can be patient and go elite RB, WR, TE in the first six rounds, you can still get good QBs in the 6th/7th. If you don't have TWO good QBs by the end of the 8th you're in trouble. Like you all are saying it's BPA but also being aware of your starters, the trends in the draft, and then taking value. You HAVE to get 3 starting QBs, which is obviously not going to happen for everyone. Or just suffer bye week losses. It's a blast.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    And yeah, I always look at the Championship teams going back, but there are a number of approaches that work. Injuries also plays a big role in this league.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    Any additional thoughts on this @Smitty ? I've got your rankings all dialed up.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
    Like you said BPA.. but I think I’d still lean those positions at QB/TE/WR to gain the biggest advantage. Then grab a few RB2 and high upside plays. If any of them land I think you win the league.

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,641
    Damn... Biggest starting rosters I've ever seen... Looks kinda fun.... Id draft bpa for the most part..i would only reach to make sure I get at least one top qb and one top tight end.... Id accept I'm gonna have later value guys as my #2 qb and #2 tight end
    Yeah, I mean we had a guy last year get 264 points in one week. That's the all-time record, but routinely the high score of the week is 225+ points. It's nuts.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags

Hawk12 said:

Please keep me in mind if you have a drop out - this leaugue is my kind of league. Man while we are at it, any want to start a full dynasty with these deep starting reqs?? MFL, LeagueSafe ??
    Hawk12 said:

Hawk12 said:

Please keep me in mind if you have a drop out - this leaugue is my kind of league. Man while we are at it, any want to start a full dynasty with these deep starting reqs?? MFL, LeagueSafe ??
    So far it looks like we have everyone returning, but I'll keep you in mind. If you start a new one and the buy in is less than $50 I might do it LOL.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags

Hawk12 said:

Hawk12 said:

So far it looks like we have everyone returning, but I'll keep you in mind. If you start a new one and the buy in is less than $50 I might do it LOL.
    I don;t have time to commish and run a league, but yeah as long as there is some money on it, lets get a full dynasty league going. I'll start a thread and see about owner on here.
    Hawk12 said:

Hawk12 said:

Hawk12 said:

I don;t have time to commish and run a league, but yeah as long as there is some money on it, lets get a full dynasty league going. I'll start a thread and see about owner on here.
    Probably should be redraft though. But I'm game.
    D3:
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags