fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Possible trade in the making? Non ppr

swampiesswampies Posts: 3,690
Does Melvin Gordon and his 1.03 pick for my Juju & Golladay and my 2 picks in the 4th round make sense?

I currently have the 1.05 pick as well
Non ppr 6 points per TD
(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 11,186
    I would consider it if you knew you could land Harry. You'll be able to draft a Singletary, or maybe Hendy at the 1.05
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,865
    Another consideration is if you think Gordon will be a Charger in the foreseeable future, For a dynasty trade you are giving up two young guys who have proven they can play in the league and will be featured in they're respective offenses for a 26 year old back in a contract year and a lottery ticket.... What is going on with Gurley is not encouraging teams to make RB's top of the market guys. I would pass on this personally.
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 6,030
    @swampies

No-PPR makes me lean to the Gordon side. Roster and starting reqs would impact my decision
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Stafford, Haskins, Minshew / RB - Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard, J.Hill
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Dissly, Hockenson, Gesicki,
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,268
    I'm with @chuckeycharles
    what other WR's you got?
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 1,224
    Juju has proven to me that he is elite with a QB that feeds the bear often and has a great outlook for years to come barring inj. Gordon's is the real deal with his multiple TD's per game output. Not really a Golladay fan. I just dont like the all of a sudden on Friday you hear..Melvin Gordon might be inactive Sunday, thats 2x's Melvin. Pass.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • RamosianoRamosiano Posts: 386
    Juju side too
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,690
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Stay put and keep Juju. Draft young RBs rather than trading for ones that will only be good for you for 2 years at best. This is an unnecessary trade for you to do. The illusion of Gordon's short term TDs is clouding your judgement.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Still think it's a hold for you. See which RB is there at 1.05
    Mod - Sleeper U
    edited July 10
    My thought was to grab a rookie RB at the 1.03 and then again at the 1.05 maybe a wr , it depends who there

I can only keep 10 players
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,520
    swampies said:

My thought was to grab a rookie RB at the 1.03 and then again at the 1.05 maybe a wr , it depends who there

so the sotry keeps getting deeper - you are going to cut someone of value and are looking to move 2 for 1 for an upgrade to cut someone else of lower value.... and you RBS kinda suck with Aaron Jones, Peyton barber and James White

This is why we ask for more information - as you have given the trickle of info your answers to you post are going to change

I now say yes take Gordon, you get 1.3 and 1.5

Non-PPR
    QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, keep 10

Keep
    R Wilson, D Watson
    M Gordon, Aaron Jones
    Antonio Brown, Robert Foster, Anthony Miller
    H Henry, Njoku, Engram

Trade one of your TEs for an early pick - as I;m guessing these picks are not just rookies but cut players???? So you draft picks will be more valuable than just rookie picks....... Right? I mean someone is going to cut a decent WR2 along the way

Draft 2 of:
    N'Keal Harry, David Montgomery, Josh Jacobs, Devin Singletary, Henderson giving you depth - and hope Harry falls to you at 1.3 and you get Singletary or Hendy at 1.5

I'd be happy with that team, unless its a 10 teamer where you need super elite players................

Say he does the trade, gives up Juju and Gollo. He's clearly weak at WR. What's to say that Harry isn't drafted 1st overall or 2nd? Several of us on this site would. He'll more than likely draft BPA, so he'll have a good crop of RBs. I would then urge him to flip Gordon or a rookie RB. for a WR. Will you get the same return as a Juju and Golloway is the question.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Lol the plot thickens. It's a keeper league lol.

I'll have to look at everything after work lol

Mod - Sleeper U
    WTCM said:

Say he does the trade, gives up Juju and Gollo. He's clearly weak at WR. What's to say that Harry isn't drafted 1st overall or 2nd? Several of us on this site would. He'll more than likely draft BPA, so he'll have a good crop of RBs. I would then urge him to flip Gordon or a rookie RB. for a WR. Will you get the same return as a Juju and Golloway is the question.

Prob not, but sheesh his RB1 is Aaron Jones and his RB 2 is Peyton Barber, who is a fine RB3/Flx, but is an Aaron Jones injury away (which seems to happen from time to time) from being his team's RB1 - that's not good....

I'd take weaker WRs, even if he does draft RB/RB at 1.3 and 1.5 - so be it. Maybe he can trade back from 1.5 to 1.8 and get a 2nd and take Deebo and another TE like Fant / TJ and corner the market and force trades?
    @Hawk12 your right on point with where my heads at, at this point

You see I had Gurley but traded him early in the season for AB like a hot potato šŸ„”

Yeah non ppr RBs are key to winning and WRs can be found like a wife with a list šŸ’© I need to do!

But weighing my options at this point too. Still depends if I can land a ideal RB at 1.05 and just hold what I have. But getting the 1.03 for JuJu is not bad imo

But there is never a guarantee if any rookie will pan out so that is something to think about as well
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    I think you'll get a RB at 1.5, but might not be one you can count on this year very much. Dynasty sure, but with your RBs, you'll be looking at the 1.3 pick yourself next year in non-PPR
    Hawk12 said:

I think you'll get a RB at 1.5, but might not be one you can count on this year very much. Dynasty sure, but with your RBs, you'll be looking at the 1.3 pick yourself next year in non-PPR

Yep but as who I would keep your exactly correct with what I was thinking. And the total roster is 20 when the draft is over in a 12 team league
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Put a vice grip on it!
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
    Hope you didn't make that trade. Melvin holdout news, this would have crushed your season!
  • MVPMVP Posts: 330
    Hawk12 said:

swampies said:

Still sticking by this ? Hahaha
    I have NO Gordon share's this year, whew!
    MVP said:

Hawk12 said:

swampies said:

Still sticking by this ? Hahaha
    hahahah, yeah yesterday's new right..... No you adapt to current news and value, but nice try at being passive aggressive

In all seriousness here, I say you are not quite set to win now - compete mabe, but a solid lock for top team, not really...

Therefore RIGHT NOW, you counter and ask for his 2021 1st as well.... Stike and buy low right after bad news on his player....... Strike now and build your team off his misfortune
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,917
    This is a perfect time to buy shares of Gordon IMO. Just don't overpay!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,913
    Yeah Iā€™m betting he signs