fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

2020 Rookie Class

LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,026
While I'm hopeful the 2019 rookie class pans out, I moved several assets back a year to obtain 2020 picks in what appears to be a stacked class.

Jeudy, Shenault, Lamb, Higgins, etc. are going to make for a ridiculous WR class. Real, WR1 type prospects that we've lacked in recent years. RB class might be equally as deep with Najee Harris, Travis Etienne being some of the big names.Anyone else hoping to acquire assets in this draft before the hype builds?
10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
2019 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Todd Gurley, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR N'Keal Harry

Comments

• lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,978
    2020 is going to be solid, 2021 looks good too. I've been trying to trade picks this year for next when I can
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,480
    lukeb5301 said:

2020 is going to be solid, 2021 looks good too. I've been trying to trade picks this year for next when I can

I feel like this is said almost every year... the next class is much better than the current. Not saying it’s not true sometimes but seems re-occurring.
  • IpkissIpkiss Posts: 467
    CoolHand said:

lukeb5301 said:

I feel like this is said almost every year... the next class is much better than the current. Not saying it’s not true sometimes but seems re-occurring.
    I was hearing that this year would be weak and 2020 would be great. I have also traded this year's picks for picks next year. Obviously right now there's tons if hype with this year's class. It'll be interesting to see how the 2019 rookies end up.
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,026
    Ipkiss said:

CoolHand said:

lukeb5301 said:

I was hearing that this year would be weak and 2020 would be great. I have also traded this year's picks for picks next year. Obviously right now there's tons if hype with this year's class. It'll be interesting to see how the 2019 rookies end up.
    Yeah, I was gonna say...there were warning signs the 2019 class was going to be weak shortly after the 2018 draft.
    2019 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Todd Gurley, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR N'Keal Harry
    Breaking news...

2019 class is weak, y'all are just lost in the moment of overhyped rookies atm
    lukeb5301 said:

Breaking news...

So I should trade my 1.07, 1.09, 1.12 in one league for all ‘20 picks?
  • lukeb5301 said:

Breaking news...

I agree with this after the top 3.
    CoolHand said:

lukeb5301 said:

Breaking news...

You may want to save the 1.07 to see if Harry falls that far (I’ve seen it in a few drafts). But yes, I would trade the 9 & 12 for 2020 picks.

lukeb5301 said:

Breaking news...

CoolHand said:

lukeb5301 said:

Breaking news...

You may want to save the 1.07 to see if Harry falls that far (I’ve seen it in a few drafts). But yes, I would trade the 9 & 12 for 2020 picks.
    Agreed with all of this. See what you can get don't sell for crap. In my one league I got some bad offers for my 1.10.
    lukeb5301 said:

lukeb5301 said:

Breaking news...

CoolHand said:

lukeb5301 said:

Breaking news...

Agreed with all of this. See what you can get don't sell for crap. In my one league I got some bad offers for my 1.10.
    I’m seeing what I can do.... sent a few offers
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,497
    I disagree, that there is only a top 3 - there are many good players here in 2019.

Is 2020 a likely stronger class, yes the RB are deeper, the WRs are close IMO - 2020 WRs have one elite player and a bunch of less than 2019 WRs IMO - the 2020 QB class has 3-4 elite potential players as well... Overall 2020 is deeper, but don't be sleeping on 2019

Coolhand, why don't you see who falls to your picks and then decide to move or use it? I mean Devin Singletary at 1.9 is a bargain, some of the top WRs could and are falling in that range as well..... I may and likely would trade one of your 2019s for a 2020, but wait till you are OTC, and players are available - some one will move up and pay the toll
    Hawk12 said:

I disagree, that there is only a top 3 - there are many good players here in 2019.

Is 2020 a likely stronger class, yes the RB are deeper, the WRs are close IMO - 2020 WRs have one elite player and a bunch of less than 2019 WRs IMO - the 2020 QB class has 3-4 elite potential players as well... Overall 2020 is deeper, but don't be sleeping on 2019

Coolhand, why don't you see who falls to your picks and then decide to move or use it? I mean Devin Singletary at 1.9 is a bargain, some of the top WRs could and are falling in that range as well..... I may and likely would trade one of your 2019s for a 2020, but wait till you are OTC, and players are available - some one will move up and pay the toll

Yeah, good thought Hawk! I do have a few offers out and would be good with them happening. If not, might do what you mentioned. I do like a few players and have some later flyers in mind but you’re right, anything can happen during a draft. Just excited to finally have one!!
    Would you move 1.12 for Gesicki & ‘20 1st?
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,026
    Hawk12 said:

2020 WRs have one elite player and a bunch of less than 2019 WRs IMO - the 2020 QB class has 3-4 elite potential players as well... Overall 2020 is deeper, but don't be sleeping on 2019

Jeudy, Shenault, Lamb, Higgins alone are better than every non-Harry 2019 WR.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,019
    Jeudy fits the Julio mold w that speed & Shenault is a beast.

My favorite Rb heading into the season but is a little lower on the ranks is Swift RB from Georgia.
  • CoolHand said:

Yep - I would indeed

CoolHand said:

Yep - I would indeed
    I ended up moving 1.12 for Gesicki & Stafford. Needed a te and QB. Prob should have waited but oh well.
  • ray9erdadray9erdad Posts: 243
    Jonathan Taylor... going to be a beast!?! Or all used up by the time he turns pro?!?
    B2B Champ, 10 Team Dyno, PPR, 2 Flex, 6 pt TD, IDP
    MAHOMES, Jimmy G.
    MONTY, SINGLETARY, Coleman, Drake, Darwin, Royce
    NUK, ADAMS, DIGGS, KUPP, Gordon, Tyrell, McLaurin
    WALLER, Howard
    FAIRBAIRN
    DL) HUNTER
    LB) LITTLETON, BUSH, KWON, Onwausor
    DB) JOHN JOHNSON, Peppers
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,365
    CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

Yep - I would indeed
    I ended up moving 1.12 for Gesicki & Stafford. Needed a te and QB. Prob should have waited but oh well.
    I would have rathered the 2020 1st over Stafford in most cases (how big is your league and what other QBs do you have?)
    Xtreme said:

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

Yep - I would indeed
    I would have rathered the 2020 1st over Stafford in most cases (how big is your league and what other QBs do you have?)
    Only QB available was Flacco and rookies. All other starting qbs are rostered.
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,497
    Still woulda rather had the 2020qst...
    CoolHand said:

Xtreme said:

CoolHand said:

CoolHand said:

Yep - I would indeed
    Only QB available was Flacco and rookies. All other starting qbs are rostered.