fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

More likey to bust? Gurley or Conner?

SmittySmitty Posts: 7,731
Go and why!
- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• Connor - with Antonio Brown leaving, defenses can key on the RBs a bit more. Also, Jaylen Samuels has shown his talent and will not only make this a bit of an RBBC at first, the Steelers won’t hesitate to pull Connor out at the first sign of struggling.

• SmittySmitty Posts: 7,731

Connor - with Antonio Brown leaving, defenses can key on the RBs a bit more. Also, Jaylen Samuels has shown his talent and will not only make this a bit of an RBBC at first, the Steelers won’t hesitate to pull Connor out at the first sign of struggling.

My answer is both worry the hell out of me (clear by my predictions)... I’d say it’s Conner but both are close.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,388
    And what if Ben retires? I think Conner will do fine, but maybe not the #6 RB as he did this year. Something is wrong with Gurley. If I owned him I'd be very worried.
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels, Snell; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Cobbs, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Thomas; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS, Jags.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,878
    Conner, this team chemistry is in shambles and I think the Steelers losing their o line coach is going to hurt
  • Conner for the bunch of the reasons already mentioned. Samuels will also be more a factor in 2019
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,731
    Keep it coming!
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 567

And what if Ben retires?

losing Brown and Bell, this could play out
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
  • C.J. Anderson believes Gurley's late-season knee injury was "a little bit more than what everybody in the building thought, including himself," Cameron DaSilva of USA Today reports. "I would say sprained knee," Anderson said. "Obviously, it's the same knee injury he's had before in his career. Obviously I had surgery on my meniscus and once you have a knee, you always have a knee."

Analysis: Gurley and coach Sean McVay both insisted the 24-year-old was healthy throughout the playoffs, while running backs coach Skip Peete suggested Gurley technically was healthy but never regained his peak conditioning after missing Weeks 16 and 17. It's interesting to hear Anderson sound so skeptical, especially because his willingness to talk about the injury might be taken as a hint he doesn't expect to re-sign with Los Angeles. The controversy over Gurley's playoff role may not go away anytime soon, but that doesn't mean it will have any impact on his ability to shoulder a huge workload for the third straight season in 2019. Concerns about durability or volume won't push him out of the first round in fantasy drafts, but they could be enough to leave him behind the likes of Saquon Barkley and Ezekiel Elliott at the very top.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 26
    JC is a good back is he is healthy this year off his injury. Gurleys knee degenerately bothers me. It also affected JGoff because he sucked ending the season going into the playoffs. I'd pick an elite wr because both come with risk.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,388
    Gurley. But I also have Samuels/Snell.
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels, Snell; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Cobbs, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Thomas; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS, Jags.
  • TBLTBL Posts: 751
    Gurley, I think JC will be just fine.
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 758
    I’ll say Gurley. I don’t see an RBBC forming in Pittsburgh. Mike Tomlin has always used a workhorse back, even when his RB roster was decimated by injury. The only way Conner is not a workhorse is if he’s hurt or another back beats him for the starting job.
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,093
    I agree...Gurley. I like Conner this year.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,967
    Gurley, because arthritis in the knees of a RB is never a good thing. You don't draft Henderson so high if you're not planning on using him to a good degree.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • GlassJoeGlassJoe Posts: 322
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Gurley is going to be a stud (top 3ish) this year since he's widely doubted in the FFB community (yes, Smitty, you lead the charge with a sharp, bloody spear, sir). :tongue:

So I'll say Connor....
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,093
    GlassJoe said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Gurley is going to be a stud (top 3ish) this year since he's widely doubted in the FFB community (yes, Smitty, you lead the charge with a sharp, bloody spear, sir). :tongue:

So I'll say Connor....

^says a Gurley owner??? lol
  • GlassJoeGlassJoe Posts: 322
    Xtreme said:

GlassJoe said:

So I'll say Connor....

^says a Gurley owner **who can't move him**

Corrected for you. Yes, I have Gurley in one of my many leagues, but just one. I would trade FOR him if I only had to give up what I'm being offered. ;)
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 7,901
    edited May 17
    GlassJoe said:

Xtreme said:

GlassJoe said:

So I'll say Connor....

if I only had to give up what I'm being offered. ;)
    lol - so true!