fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Game of thrones

Comments

• swampiesswampies Posts: 3,414
    So who is killing who next?
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,152
    This episode was a let down.. Especially after last weeks..couple things:

Maybe it's cause I'm a crusty combat army veteran. You just had the biggest military victory in mankinds history. Forget the fact that it was time to let your soldiers take a month off to eat, drink, enjoy women. I can get over that. Onward to what could be the last battle to unite the kingdoms. Your first move is to have Danny and her two dragons blindly charge in head first? It's called a scout. Your scout would have told u good info on what was awaiting.

Those dragon killer giant crossbows were just made. We know that for fact. Now cersie's man toy is an Olympic champion at using them? Stop it.

Cersei has done some very very bad non honorable things since season one. She finally had most of her enemies gathered in short range. ..danny and tyrion are 1 and 2 on her list...she had dragon killer giant crossbows lined up. She doesn't just slaughter them all and deal with the resulting drama after they are dead?

Danny's great idea to secure her dream as the ruler of the seven kingdoms is to suggest jon keep his identity a secret? Like a 7th grade school girl secret? That was lame and hard to watch.

Jon gives ghost away? Uh... Wtf

Wasn't a big fan of this episode. Hated the writing in key spots.
    So what castle was that where they confronted each other? That sure wasn’t Kings landing! It was in the desert, Kings Landing is surrounded by water correct?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,938
    Man... I just started watching so I can’t read this thread.... hahaha!! On episode 7 of season 1... 👍😁
    CoolHand said:

Man... I just started watching so I can’t read this thread.... hahaha!! On episode 7 of season 1... 👍😁

Nope don’t read but keep watching it only gets better
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA

• Cersei has done some very very bad non honorable things since season one. She finally had most of her enemies gathered in short range. ..danny and tyrion are 1 and 2 on her list...she had dragon killer giant crossbows lined up. She doesn't just slaughter them all and deal with the resulting drama after they are dead?

I thought the exact same thing!

swampies said:

So what castle was that where they confronted each other? That sure wasn’t Kings landing! It was in the desert, Kings Landing is surrounded by water correct?

Good point... Back door to kings landing?
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,388
    What the hell. That was a bad episode of GoT. Can you jump the shark with one episode left?
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels, Snell; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Cobbs, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Thomas; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS, Jags.
    edited May 13
    Well... Even though we kinda saw this path it was still tough to watch.... Mad king...er....queen....mass overkill....episode was better then the last one but trending down.... I feel indifferent...can tell a series is coming to an end when major characters are getting killed at every turn...bye bye hound...u got that bastard back finally...bran sent that ash white horse to save Arya....
    Pretty sad to end the queen that way if she is really dead. We’ve been cheated if that is the case. I wanted a personal and painful death maybe even Bran killing her with every crow around like in the movie “The birds” seeing her eyes getting pulled out like Glens in TWD. Poor writing imo to not give us a death with meaning.

Ok Mother of Dragons is she’s the mad queen but it sure seems she killed more people than the knight king all in one shot!

Love the fight between the Mountain and the Hound, very Star Wars like at times.

John Snow better grow some pretty big ass Balls and put his girl in her place! This was no time to PMS while your fighting for peace WTF!!!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,832
    Jon doesn't want the thrown but kills Danny now that she's lost her sh**. Jon unwillingly rules Westeros while Arya becomes Warden of the North. Book it, lol.
    SMFFCN said:

Jon doesn't want the thrown but kills Danny now that she's lost her sh**. Jon unwillingly rules Westeros while Arya becomes Warden of the North. Book it, lol.

That's what I've been thinking.
    D3: QB—Allen, BIGBEN, Mariota, Rudolph; RB—COHEN, EE, Gore, HENRY, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Jonnu, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels, Snell; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Cobbs, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Thomas; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS, Jags.
    SMFFCN said:

Does she leave the keys to the dragon?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,731
    Episode one tells it all. If you watch it over it predicts it all lol. It’s all about the Starks and shows how tough aria is and how she’s made for something special (saving the world), and it’s all about John when you watch it back.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,026
    Someone will kill Dany. Everyone will look at the devastation of it all and begin to realize the monarchy doesn't work and will implement Bran as an emotionless king/conduit while a council begins to rule over Westeros and phase out these rulers over time.

Or at least that's what Varys seemed to want in his chat with Tyrion a few episodes ago. A king with the "temperament" to rule. They wanted it to be Jon, but Jon clearly wants none of this. Bran has the name and temperament to pull this off.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2019 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Todd Gurley, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR N'Keal Harry
    I wonder if our expectations are so high that they could never reach them... I'm on record saying the night king episode was one of my favorites.... Expectations are tough
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,938
    Man, you guys are making this hard, hahaha!! I just started season 2 lastnight! 👍
    CoolHand said:

Man, you guys are making this hard, hahaha!! I just started season 2 lastnight! 👍

Dont let us persuade u in a bad way... This series is worth watching... One of my top 5 series of all time.
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,415
    Varys wants John to rule. The fact that he doesn’t want to makes him an even stronger candidate in his eyes. At this point I’m not sure anyone lands on the throne, I sense complete destruction.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,832
    Did anyone else catch the Aaron Rodgers cameo in the last episode? He lasts for about 3 seconds before being burned alive, lol.
    SMFFCN said:

Did anyone else catch the Aaron Rodgers cameo in the last episode? He lasts for about 3 seconds before being burned alive, lol.

SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • He was also standing on top of the wall with the archers for a second (it's easier to recognize him there). I'll try to find the picture...

• GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 7,901
    edited May 14

He's the 3rd one from the right.

• Sorry - to good not to share!

• He can't even control his own bowels.
    Well... The series sadly comes to and end... It really took a great book and transcended it into an amazing journey... It provoked good times...bad times.... Laughter...and plenty of oh shit moments...I will miss you game of thrones.... I salute u.. having said that.... The last few episodes were really bad.. it had to have been tough to attempt to wrap up so many complex characters and storylines.... Ill never forgive them for robbing me if a way cooler cersai death... Danny?...just seemed dumb for her character to follow that path.

PS....i have always hated bran. Just a dumb character in my opinion. Oh well.

KING OF THE NORTH!!!!
    Queen of the North. Yeah, I had issues with the ending, but overall a great series.
    edited May 20
    One of the greatest tv series ever to grace the television screen. One of the most awaited final seasons ever and it was a flop. Amazing acting, performances etc. but the writing was abysmal. Truly horrible. It took a year and a half for 6 episodes that just left us disappointed. I would have gladly waiting a few years for a properly rounded off series with a long enough season to do the show and the cast justice as well as the original creator. I feel bad that that mans work has been torn to shreds on tv. I just have to hope that the books are better. I’ll have to read them all now.

Not one person mentions that John is the rightful King at their little meeting. Not even Sam. Instead they vote in the imps choice with no questions asked.

I loved the part where dragon burned the throne. Basically blaming the throne for his mother’s death and not Jon. I thought it was poetic and nicely done.

But HBO is known for F’in up the show endings like true blood and sopranos and now this.

SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA