fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Norte dame cathedral on fire

swampiesswampies Posts: 3,234

I know a lot have you have been in Paris.
So terrible sad 😞 to see on such a Holy Week.
(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• swampiesswampies Posts: 3,234
    @GuinnessIsGoodForYou I know you were there once
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,217
    A giant piece(s) of history that can never be replaced, miraculously survived WW2.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,333
    Wow
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,327
    looks like they were doing some renovations to it. i wonder what happened. awful to see a historic building ruined.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 995
    Been there... Loved it... Tragedy... God's wrath.... It's time
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,285
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 995

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Was just kinda being silly... I watched some extremist clip on how they were emphasizing the end of the world coming... God was coming and this was proof was the basis of the clip.... Silly... Sad that we had to lose a piece of history like this.... They will rebuild but won't hold the same luster...
  • This is a painting my wife did of it. I spent half of my childhood in France and although this is really sad, the damage isn't as devastating as it could have been. It will be fixed shortly and people will be able to enjoy it's majestic beauty and history once again.

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,735

This is a painting my wife did of it. I spent half of my childhood in France and although this is really sad, the damage isn't as devastating as it could have been. It will be fixed shortly and people will be able to enjoy it's majestic beauty and history once again.

That is amazing!

Beautiful what art school did she go to?
    I graduated from Pratt institute in Brooklyn NY
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 616
    That really is a beautiful painting @GuinnessIsGoodForYou
    No pint of Guinness on the table? 😂
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 616
    The China, glassware and silverware are so realistic
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,217
    Beautiful painting!!
    Iceman said:

Beautiful painting!!

Indeed!
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    News reported that 400 fire fighters were involved. I think that only one was hurt. That is amazing in itself.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,687
    edited April 16
    Beautiful painting by your wife @GuinnessIsGoodForYou . Sad to see the church go down. I read a wealthy individual is going to donate 100 mil to rebuild it. I might be in the minority here, but I feel that the rebuilding of the church should be paid solely by the church, if at all. Whom are worth billions. So can someone redirect the millionaire to donate that 100 mil to starving and sick children around the world, since the churches aren't.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Beautiful painting by your wife @GuinnessIsGoodForYou . Sad to see the church go down. I read a wealthy individual is going to donate 100 mil to rebuild it. I might be in the minority here, but I feel that the rebuilding of the church should be paid solely by the church, if at all. Whom are worth billions. So can someone redirect the millionaire to donate that 100 mil to starving and sick children around the world, since the churches aren't.

I thought the same thing about the church paying the expensive but since this was a mistake by the company doing the renovation for the church I believe this would covered under that company’s insurance if I’m correct. Maybe the Vatican will fork over some money which they should if they care for each other as a whole as a religion.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Salma Hayek husband is the billionaire fool. Donating to the rebuild the church.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Salma Hayek husband is the billionaire fool. Donating to the rebuild the church.

Not a complete fool

Spectacular. Now that's what i'd spend money on.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Thanks guys, she is definitely talented as hell. I don’t even think this is one of her better paintings. If you want to check out more of her stuff (including timelapses of paintings), you can follow her on Instagram under lindsaygoodwinfineart. For @chuckeycharles ’s age group who doesn’t have IG (myself included), her website is www.lindsaygoodwin.com.

@swampies - she went to the Academy of Art University in SF.

• I agree with @WTCM that the church should cover any cost necessary, but I believe @swampies is right that after all investigations are concluded, the restoration company’s insurance company will probably be on the hook for a majority of it.

• I also agree with all that donating towards the Salma Hayek fund would definitely be worthwhile!! Yum!

Thanks guys, she is definitely talented as hell. I don’t even think this is one of her better paintings. If you want to check out more of her stuff (including timelapses of paintings), you can follow her on Instagram under lindsaygoodwinfineart. For @chuckeycharles ’s age group who doesn’t have IG (myself included), her website is www.lindsaygoodwin.com.

You know when they refer the wives as the better half? Your wife would be the epitome of that statement. Dude, I glanced over her IG account. She's extremely talented. Oh, I must say as a brown guy, I dig you both in Indian attire. You have a beautiful picture perfect family. And she should have a gallery somewhere. Outstanding
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • WTCM said:

Thanks guys, she is definitely talented as hell. I don’t even think this is one of her better paintings. If you want to check out more of her stuff (including timelapses of paintings), you can follow her on Instagram under lindsaygoodwinfineart. For @chuckeycharles ’s age group who doesn’t have IG (myself included), her website is www.lindsaygoodwin.com.

You know when they refer the wives as the better half? Your wife would be the epitome of that statement. Dude, I glanced over her IG account. She's extremely talented. Oh, I must say as a brown guy, I dig you both in Indian attire. You have a beautiful picture perfect family. And she should have a gallery somewhere. Outstanding
    lol - thanks, I definitely agree that she’s out of my league! The Indian garb was for a friend’s wedding. We were the only non-indians dressed up and the bride’s parents LOVED it!

She has 2 galleries - one in Carmel, CA and one in Charleston, SC. She has been making a living off of her paintings for about 15 years now.

• georgegeorge Posts: 389
    edited April 16
    @GuinnessIsGoodForYou

Your wife is so talented, she see’s the details like I do. She’s very good in expressing light reflections and seeing the colors that are in the hue white!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA

Yup... thanks for the site info. I will peruse it sometime today.