fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Julio Trade Offer

DAXDAX Posts: 1,423
22 team league.

i have been offered - julio, stafford
i give up - mayfield, njoku

normally i would eat that up but in this situation stafford would be my only qb (alex smith may be finished) and i would have no te. i'm not happy with either scenario. it won't be easy to get a replacement for either as in this league whatever nfl team name you own you get first dibs on the rookies they draft this season. whatever's left over can be drafted by anyone.

what do you think?

Comments

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,076
    If you don’t want to give up Njoku, counter with Mayfield for Julio maybe. Just a thought
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,423
    that would mean i have no qb. remember it's a 22 team league. i can't see how it will work.

DAX said:

that would mean i have no qb. remember it's a 22 team league. i can't see how it will work.

Oh yeah... my bad
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,297
    sounds like you made up your mind before posting, then do what makes you happy
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,171
    I'd take the deal
    Xtreme said:

I'd take the deal

Me too tbh
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,161
    Can I see your roster? I understand how missing parts might be difficult, however acquiring Julio is always something to look into. He just turned 30, and has at least 3 years of elite play left in him. If you feel you can win in that time frame make the trade, if not, then pass.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    sure.

mayfield, alex smith, ty taylor
    mccaffery, chubb, ingram, crowell, warren
    ty williams, marqise lee, callaway, david moore, cobb, cain
    njoku

idps

For a 22 team league you have outstanding RBs. I would trade one for a more stable WR. And you are definitely in the position to win now.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,434
    Personally your going to make more points with Mayfield So I would pass
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

Stafford isn't a bad down grade though.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    njoku

HOW MANY STARTERS?
    Is ingram starting as a flx? very important to know here for me.... Is Crowell ever playing for you? He holds a decent amount of value in a 22 teamer if you are starting 2Rbs and a flx....
    2 or 3 WRs, and again a FLX or no, or even 2 FLX spots will dramatically change your answers here...

I Bolded the "guessing starters" for comparision & you startiung reqs will change the thoughts on the trade dramatically IMO

STAFFORD, alex smith, ty taylor
    JULIO, ty williams, callaway marqise lee, david moore, cobb, cain
    NOBODY

what rookie team will you get picks from? based on your OP you get rookie dibs on those players and 22 of the 32 NFL teams are going to be spoken for - so who you got? That alone may change your roster in a couple weeks....
    one more question - PPR or not....

Come on @DAX you are asking multiple times and have given not enough info for a solid "informed" response, you've been around enough to know when you have a 'not the norm' league, you need to give more deets.... We will help, give us something to go on since this ;eague is not your typical in a vacuum value type trade/league
    WTCM said:

swampies said:

I look at it as who’s going to produce more for you. Imo imo you would be not only trading away production but longevity as well
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    swampies said:

WTCM said:

swampies said:

I look at it as who’s going to produce more for you. Imo imo you would be not only trading away production but longevity as well
    Stafford and Julio are both proven production. As much as I agree with you on Mayfield and his long term outlook. We're all here to win, and imo, adding Julio will help now, not to mention Stafford as a decent return. To each their own
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Very even trade. Normally, I would say win now - get Julio, rebuild - keep Mayfield.

However the biggest thing here is in a 22 team league is: where will you find a TE? If you can get a decent TE through another trade, get Julio. If nit, keep Mayfield & Njoku.

Hawk12 said:

njoku

HOW MANY STARTERS?
    Is ingram starting as a flx? very important to know here for me.... Is Crowell ever playing for you? He holds a decent amount of value in a 22 teamer if you are starting 2Rbs and a flx....
    2 or 3 WRs, and again a FLX or no, or even 2 FLX spots will dramatically change your answers here...

I Bolded the "guessing starters" for comparision & you startiung reqs will change the thoughts on the trade dramatically IMO

JULIO, ty williams, callaway marqise lee, david moore, cobb, cain
    NOBODY

what rookie team will you get picks from? based on your OP you get rookie dibs on those players and 22 of the 32 NFL teams are going to be spoken for - so who you got? That alone may change your roster in a couple weeks....
    one more question - PPR or not....

Come on @DAX you are asking multiple times and have given not enough info for a solid "informed" response, you've been around enough to know when you have a 'not the norm' league, you need to give more deets.... We will help, give us something to go on since this ;eague is not your typical in a vacuum value type trade/league

we start 2rbs, 3wrs, 1te, 2flex.

so ingram and crowell will be starting.

i took over the browns team last season. their draft was spectacular for my team but i bid for the chiefs this year in the team auction and won so whoever the chiefs draft i can pick whomever i want. i'm betting they're getting a rb and wr fairly high.

scoring is a bit different. 1 point for every 12 rushing yards plus a bonus point for gettng over 100 yards. 1 point for every 6 yards receiving for tes, 1 point for 8 yards receiving for wrs and rbs plus a bonus point for getting over 100 yards receiving and 2 points for 7 or more catches.

i guess my main problem is i don't like stafford at all. never have and he has never been a qb on any of my teams. last year i took over a team which had stafford on it and my first order of business was trading him away for matt ryan.

swampies said:

WTCM said:

swampies said:

you nailed my thinking on the matter. but julio in a 22 team league.

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,275
    I'd take this deal... Julio is still elite for 3 years... In a 22 man league Stafford is start able... I play to win today...your wrs need help

the chiefs this year in the team auction

scoring is a bit different. 1 point for every 12 rushing yards plus a bonus point for gettng over 100 yards. 1 point for every 6 yards receiving for tes, 1 point for 8 yards receiving for wrs and rbs plus a bonus point for getting over 100 yards receiving and 2 points for 7 or more catches.

i guess my main problem is i don't like stafford at all. never have and he has never been a qb on any of my teams. last year i took over a team which had stafford on it and my first order of business was trading him away for matt ryan.

This is HUGE, 2 flx in a 22 teamer - so every team has several weak spots to gapping holes in their starters, let alone the entire roster..... So depth is just as key as studs are in your league.
    DAX said:

22 team league.

You are going from Mayfield's youth and "vast potential" to the steady Stafford middle of the road production. Not bad, but not the ceiling of Mayfield. I for one do not think this is a terrible downgrade now, in two years it may bit you in the butt pretty hard though....

You would go from the vast elite "potential" of Njoku to the currently elite Julio, and a bizzarre 2 pts for 7+ catches, which Julio prob gets more than most WRs not named Mike Thomas or DHop or Antonio - Njoku is not going to get 7+ catches much IMO, too many weapons in that offense.... Julio is a HUGE upgrade currently for your team, but you will be giving up the TE spot entirely, and that can not go unnoticed in this trade for you, as you have a few RBs and WRs that can fetch a couple of points a week as your current Flx / bench spots. You would literally be punting at TE for a zero every week, as the Chiefs aren't going to be drafting (or if they do, certainly not throwing to a TE outside of their current roster now). SO its Njoku and _____ in your flx vs. Julio a deeper RB/WR in your flx and ZERO at Te weekly....

That is not as one sided as you might think. I'd project your roster's production, and points per week in your scoring system - then look at overall team scoring on this particular trade... Julio is great, for at least 2-3 years, maybe 3-5 years even. Zero in any starting spot is a tough pill to swallow IMO>

So back to this:
    njoku
    VS.
    JULIO, ty williams, callawaymarqise lee, david moore, cobb, cain
    NOBODY

You would be giving up youth on youth in both aspects of this trade, that one is obvious to anyone that has a slight clue.

I like the trade for you for points now, but I do not like the zero at TE, nor the youth you are giving up - this trade would be great IF you made a 2nd trade for one of those RBs for a TE that gets you something, thinking a Crowell for Austin Hooper & a WR that plays a little bit.... something like that to reaplce some TE production you will lose.

And thank you for the depth of your details, as my response was drastically influenced by thinking about your league's particulars.
    What draft picks do you have this coming draft?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    edited April 16
    Hawk12 said:

DAX said:

the chiefs this year in the team auction

Hawk12 said:

This is HUGE, 2 flx in a 22 teamer - so every team has several weak spots to gapping holes in their starters, let alone the entire roster..... So depth is just as key as studs are in your league.

DAX said:

22 team league.

Hawk12 said:

You are going from Mayfield's youth and "vast potential" to the steady Stafford middle of the road production. Not bad, but not the ceiling of Mayfield. I for one do not think this is a terrible downgrade now, in two years it may bit you in the butt pretty hard though....

You would go from the vast elite "potential" of Njoku to the currently elite Julio, and a bizzarre 2 pts for 7+ catches, which Julio prob gets more than most WRs not named Mike Thomas or DHop or Antonio - Njoku is not going to get 7+ catches much IMO, too many weapons in that offense.... Julio is a HUGE upgrade currently for your team, but you will be giving up the TE spot entirely, and that can not go unnoticed in this trade for you, as you have a few RBs and WRs that can fetch a couple of points a week as your current Flx / bench spots. You would literally be punting at TE for a zero every week, as the Chiefs aren't going to be drafting (or if they do, certainly not throwing to a TE outside of their current roster now). SO its Njoku and _____ in your flx vs. Julio a deeper RB/WR in your flx and ZERO at Te weekly....

That is not as one sided as you might think. I'd project your roster's production, and points per week in your scoring system - then look at overall team scoring on this particular trade... Julio is great, for at least 2-3 years, maybe 3-5 years even. Zero in any starting spot is a tough pill to swallow IMO>

So back to this:
    njoku
    VS.
    JULIO, ty williams, callawaymarqise lee, david moore, cobb, cain
    NOBODY

You would be giving up youth on youth in both aspects of this trade, that one is obvious to anyone that has a slight clue.

I like the trade for you for points now, but I do not like the zero at TE, nor the youth you are giving up - this trade would be great IF you made a 2nd trade for one of those RBs for a TE that gets you something, thinking a Crowell for Austin Hooper & a WR that plays a little bit.... something like that to reaplce some TE production you will lose.

And thank you for the depth of your details, as my response was drastically influenced by thinking about your league's particulars.

thanks for rundown man.

i'm thinking julio will give me 10 points more per week on average than whoever i have as the 3rd wr. the question is do i think mayfield will put up huge numbers with all the weapons he has on the team now, njoku being one of them, and does stafford return to being a servicable qb. over the last 5 weeks last season mayfield outscored stafford by 10 points per game.

i have time to see how things work out. this guy isn't going anywhere, he's a browns fan and wants browns players.

swampies said:

What draft picks do you have this coming draft?

i pick from the 16th spot so whatever good offensive rookies are left to draft will be long gone. i stacked up on idps last draft, particularly lbers (picked up tremaine edwards, zach cunningham and cory littleton), and transformed my team from pretender to contender. will have to do the same this year. if you have good idp players in this league you will be hard to beat.
    DAX said:

i have time to see how things work out. this guy isn't going anywhere, he's a browns fan and wants browns players.

I'd wait this out, I think as the season gets closer you will be getting more for the young budding players you are being asked to trade away... I think you can and prob should get a younger/better QB than Stafford (though he's not bad in a 22 teamer) to go with Julio, and prob a pick as well