fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Tyreek Hill under investigation for alleged battery

Comments

• XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,017
    Hunt shoved a women slightly, shoved a guy harder (pushing him into the women and she fell to the ground), and then "kicked" her (but you can't really call that a kick). Yet he missed the rest of the season and seems to be facing half a year or a year ban. If this is true, it will be out a LONG time.
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 448
    lukeb5301 said:

lukeb5301 said:

Looking more into it, it seems a nurse isn't he one who called the 1st incident in(not confirmed) this could be something depending on what she saw/heard? If it's involving the broken arm I'm not sure why she would've waited over a month to call the police on it.

I'm not saying he's innocent, but am saying with what is out there right now there is nothing showing he has done any wrong in the situation. I personally believe this got way out of hand which happens when media starts reporting things with no proof or evidence and if you have the chance to get him cheap it's worth the risk IMO

Luke - you seem to be ignoring the fact that either way, multiple sources are reporting that he is under investigation for an alleged battery. It’s an investigation. He may not be guilty of any wrongdoing in this case. That being said, I don’t give a guy who has been convicted of beating and choking his girlfriend the benefit of the doubt. I would sell, if I get a reasonable return or hold if I cannot. AB and a 2nd is a reasonable return. If you want to buy him and ignore the stories that have been published, that is your choice. Do we have all of the evidence? No. Is he being investigated? Yes he is. That is concerning no matter how you spin it.
    Multiple sources are reporting he broke his kids arm the other day also, which has been proven to be wrong.

Even the police haven't said they are investigating him. All the police have said is "I can only confirm we received a report and an investigation is ongoing," they won't even say who they are investigating. So no your statement of him being investigated is not for sure yet 100%
    Luke - Do you have a link to an article saying the reports have been disproven? And I’m legitimately asking because the guy in my league is offering me Hill at diacount right now. If the reports are bogus, I will take advantage. I just haven’t seen any reports saying that.
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,835

lukeb5301 said:

lukeb5301 said:

Looking more into it, it seems a nurse isn't he one who called the 1st incident in(not confirmed) this could be something depending on what she saw/heard? If it's involving the broken arm I'm not sure why she would've waited over a month to call the police on it.

I'm not saying he's innocent, but am saying with what is out there right now there is nothing showing he has done any wrong in the situation. I personally believe this got way out of hand which happens when media starts reporting things with no proof or evidence and if you have the chance to get him cheap it's worth the risk IMO

Luke - you seem to be ignoring the fact that either way, multiple sources are reporting that he is under investigation for an alleged battery. It’s an investigation. He may not be guilty of any wrongdoing in this case. That being said, I don’t give a guy who has been convicted of beating and choking his girlfriend the benefit of the doubt. I would sell, if I get a reasonable return or hold if I cannot. AB and a 2nd is a reasonable return. If you want to buy him and ignore the stories that have been published, that is your choice. Do we have all of the evidence? No. Is he being investigated? Yes he is. That is concerning no matter how you spin it.
    Multiple sources are reporting he broke his kids arm the other day also, which has been proven to be wrong.

Even the police haven't said they are investigating him. All the police have said is "I can only confirm we received a report and an investigation is ongoing," they won't even say who they are investigating. So no your statement of him being investigated is not for sure yet 100%
    Luke - Do you have a link to an article saying the reports have been disproven? And I’m legitimately asking because the guy in my league is offering me Hill at diacount right now. If the reports are bogus, I will take advantage. I just haven’t seen any reports saying that.
    The reports are the 2nd incident caused a broken arm which is 100% not true. Now is it possible this 2nd incident is them reporting and issue from 2 months ago when his son had a broken arm? Sure

I'm just saying the report of him breaking his arm a few days ago is not true. Reports are his arm was broken falling down the stairs, which may or may not be true but why it took 2 months for police to be called seems odd.

As for the police quote "I can only confirm we received a report and an investigation is ongoing,".. that came from ESPN article schefty posted last night.

My biggest issue/concern with all of this is all of this happened when Tyreek was in the process of working in his new massive contract, that's a giant red flag to me someone is trying to do something..
    Xtreme said:

Hunt shoved a women slightly, shoved a guy harder (pushing him into the women and she fell to the ground), and then "kicked" her (but you can't really call that a kick). Yet he missed the rest of the season and seems to be facing half a year or a year ban. If this is true, it will be out a LONG time.

Agreed, if true he's screwed. Then again AP only missed a year and there's nasty evidence of him beating his kid with a stick.. so who knows..
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 995
    Luke is posing as a CSI investigator.... Love it... Good info...tough situation to read....might not be a bad time for a shark owner to swoop in and take him
  • ray9erdad said:

I accepted Antonio Brown and his 2nd rounder (16th overall) for Hill........ I feel sick. Gotta be one way or the complete other; totally cleared and I F'd up OR its genius... shall see. Atleast it's not a horrible player to have if all is well

Even if there was no risk of suspension, this is a solid return for Hill. The fact that there is uncertainty around the whole thing, makes this trade a no-brainer. Well done @ray9erdad

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 995
    I'd trade hill for brown straight up in all leagues....
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,513
    ray9erdad said:

I accepted Antonio Brown and his 2nd rounder (16th overall) for Hill........ I feel sick. Gotta be one way or the complete other; totally cleared and I F'd up OR its genius... shall see. Atleast it's not a horrible player to have if all is well

@ray9erdad I take ABrown all day long straight up. Adjusting the rankings now. Even if this blows over it’s dead even for 2019 in my book. I’m huge on ABrown at least compared to the general consensus..
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • ray9erdadray9erdad Posts: 162
    edited March 17
    @ray9erdad I take ABrown all day long straight up. Adjusting the rankings now. Even if this blows over it’s dead even for 2019 in my book. I’m huge on ABrown at least compared to the general consensus..

Cool Smitty! More comforting regardless the outcome... I hope he didn't hurt the kid! Not like a guy can't trade back for Hill someday right!

Yea, although he and Mahomes were a lethal combo for me, I figured Brown wasn't a horrible guy to swap for Tyreek for a year to be safe/proactive. The added 2nd was just me knowing I 'could' since he proposed... could be some rook value there still!
    I was just offered Hill for a 1st in 2022. Would you guys buy at that price or let it remain the other owner’s problem?
  • boobam13boobam13 Posts: 1,990

I was just offered Hill for a 1st in 2022. Would you guys buy at that price or let it remain the other owner’s problem?

easily for a pick 4 years away from helping your team
    Easily for a 2022.. that's robbery
    Even if it is likely to be an earlier 1st?
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,017

Even if it is likely to be an earlier 1st?

Yes
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,322
    Would any of you trade DJ Moore for Hill?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,377

I think I do that.. but I’m not huge on Moore
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 616
    I would definitely take a shot and trade Moore to get Hill....
  • Would any of you trade DJ Moore for Hill?

I would do that. First of all, it's not a huge sacrifice if Hill indeed gets banned from the NFL. Secondly, you may be able to flip Hill at any sign of good news for something better than Moore from someone who regrets not making the move for Hill sooner.

• SmittySmitty Posts: 7,513
    Hill
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,795
    I’d take the Dj Moore side. He is a Top20 dynasty wr @ the moment & will only rise from there. Hill is a Top 10 wr w Mahomes. But I see KC dumping him & his value will plummet like Enron when they do.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,333
    lukeb5301 said:

Easily for a 2022.. that's robbery

This
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    edited March 19
    I missed on Hill. Someone else sold a 1st in 2022, 3.1 and Godwin for Hill. Someone is going to look like a genius and someone will be a goat in that one.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,687

I'd still need more than just Moore. (had to read that twice)
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Apparently, the Chiefs were contemplating trading Hill prior to the battery investigation. My guess is they knew something well before. Much like they did with Kareem Hunt's case.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,217
    Been kinda quiet on this story lately.... Hmmm
  • WTCM said:

Apparently, the Chiefs were contemplating trading Hill prior to the battery investigation. My guess is they knew something well before. Much like they did with Kareem Hunt's case.

If they had come right out and announced their plan to trade him, that would have raised a bunch of red flags and teams would have definitely done a lot of due diligence on him.

• Iceman said:

Been kinda quiet on this story lately.... Hmmm

Good point - could be the NFL "investigating" so they can just blow it off afterwards.

Tyreek Hill WR, Kansas City Chiefs
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tyreek Hill will report Monday for the first day of offseason work.

Police are currently investigating Hill in connection with two incidents of suspected child abuse, one of which allegedly left Hill's son with a broken arm. Hill has not been charged with a crime to this point, however, and the Chiefs have been mostly mum on the situation. Even if Hill is not charged by police, he could face a suspension from the league, especially given his history -- Hill pled guilty to punching and choking his then-pregnant girlfriend back in 2015.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Apr 15, 2019, 9:25 AM
    This type of an apparent assault and still no arrest? Seems fishy.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    edited April 15
    Agree, just not quite sure where the fish is. Reporting? Tampering with the investigation?.... etc