fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

How would you tier these TE’s

swampiesswampies Posts: 3,434
Jared Cook
David Njoku
Evan Engram
Hunter Henry
(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,161
    Engram

Njoku
    Henry
    Cook

The later three are very interchangeable imo.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,275
    Good question... I think tight end is deeper than I can remember...id like include oj Howard for discussion... He is in that range

Evan engram.. Oj Howard.... Dead heat for me

David njoku... Sky's the limit
    Hunter Henry....health only concern

Jared Cook... Still not sold

• Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,553
    Jared Cook - He went 68-896-6 with 101 targets in OAK. He's now receiving passes from one of the best QB's ever. I'll buy for a year or two. :)

David Njoku - He went 56-639-4 with 89 targets in 2018. Cleveland has added OBJ and Hunt to their offense so I just don't see how his breakout year is ahead of him. I'll pass.....

Evan Engram - Has the opportunity to break out in 2019 in my opinion but he still has to deal with Eli's regression. We'll see....

Hunter Henry - I really like the kid but I need to see him stay on the field and off IR.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,434

Jared Cook - He went 68-896-6 with 101 targets in OAK. He's now receiving passes from one of the best QB's ever. I'll buy for a year or two. :)

David Njoku - He went 56-639-4 with 89 targets in 2018. Cleveland has added OBJ and Hunt to their offense so I just don't see how his breakout year is ahead of him. I'll pass.....

Evan Engram - Has the opportunity to break out in 2019 in my opinion but he still has to deal with Eli's regression. We'll see....

Hunter Henry - I really like the kid but I need to see him stay on the field and off IR.

I agree on Cook Doggie and feeling the same skepticism about Njoku as how many Targets he’ll actually get with OBJ there! Which makes me put Engram ahead of him only because he’ll see more red zone targets than Njoku imo!

Hunter is in a great situation but health is the only issue like you said.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,553
    swampies said:

I agree on Cook Doggie and feeling the same skepticism about Njoku as how many Targets he’ll actually get with OBJ there! Which makes me put Engram ahead of him only because he’ll see more red zone targets than Njoku imo!

Hunter is in a great situation but health is the only issue like you said.
    Sorry Swampies..... I forgot to put them in a ranking/tier order. I see them like this...

Engram
    Cook (for next few years)
    Hunter
    Njoku
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 763
    Cook is 32 and on a two year deal. He’s got 1 maybe 2 years left.

I like his situation, but he’s a guy I would be looking to add at the trade deadline, if I were in the playoff hunt and needed a TE.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,275
    Cook has 25 total tds in 10 years.... He is coming off a good year and moves to Brees.... But I'll take his career numbers at face value and designate last year as an outlier..
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 7,922
    David Njoku

Jared Cook
    Hunter Henry

Evan Engram

.. but that's me, i would draft according to ADP, meaning use Njoku as a steal not a guy you grab at my expectation.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,601

Cook has 25 total tds in 10 years.... He is coming off a good year and moves to Brees.... But I'll take his career numbers at face value and designate last year as an outlier..

This... after seeing him crap the bed with the Rams and GB I would rather take a chance on a rookie TE. Looking at his catch percentage he will never be mistaken for Gronk, Witten or Graham. My recollection of his time in St. Louis is less than a big meh.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • TripleThreatTripleThreat Posts: 141
    I rank them the following.

1. Engram
    2. Njoku
    3. Henry
    4. Cook
  • RamosianoRamosiano Posts: 123
    I think Howard have the upside to be TE4 in 2019.

1. Engram
    2. Njoku
    3. Henry
    4. Cook