fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

When is the best time to trade?

swampiesswampies Posts: 3,436
edited April 11 in Dynasty Only

When is the best time to trade a player?
Obviously if you can trade a player knowing you grabbed him for nothing you’ll always be in the green imo. But getting the most value out of that player is the key in making your trades work for you in keeping your team consistently strong.

What creates the value of a player?
Drafting a player you look at what round you drafted that player, which creates the first value because of talent and situation that player will produce in fantasy numbers.
You have to balance the hype that others may lead you to believe that player may have in value. (This is the fantasy smoke screen) You don’t want over pay for a player if you can get him cheaper in another round which creates that profit your looking for.

When do you not want to trade a player?
The upside (ceiling) of a player is what entices someone to trade for him but injury or poor situation or even character issues may drain the value to go down and down. It’s a guessing game as to when you sell because anyone’s career can change in a instant. But staying ahead of the game is selling when the hype of that player might be at it’s highest and that creates more buyers / investors. Having constant investors mean your a great stock broker of fantasy players and an eye for talent.
At SleeperU.com we have a lot of stock brokers that can evaluate your future return if your questioning your investments so you’ll always be in the green!

Ideal times to invest?
A player going into their contract year is a great time to invest because their playing for more $$$!

A player coming back from injury that is under the radar!

A player at the end of their current contract that could be traded to another team leading to a better situation!

A player who’s been playing second string / backup but gets opportunity to show their game as a #1!

A rookie that was undrafted but has the talent until opportunity arises!
(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,896
    “Blue Horseshoe Loves Anacott Steel”
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,436

Lol 👍🏦💰
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,609
    edited April 11
    swampies said:

Lol 👍🏦💰
    Yup... "Churn 'em and burn 'em!"

Best time to trade is whenever you can screw the other guy and piss off the whole league... not that I am advocating that
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz