fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Big Trade - Choose a Side

Bell
Brown
2020 2nd (late)

- or -

Hopkins
Coleman
2021 1st (mid)

Comments

• Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,459
    Win now = Bell/Brown but I do love me some Hopkins and would most likely take that side of the deal.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,448
    Hopkins side for me
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,967
    Nuk side for me
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I see Brown and Hopkins as close to equal. Do you think Bell's dip as a Jet puts him that close to Coleman?

Coleman is obviously the key piece here. Do you think reuniting with his old coach gives him the nod to start over McKinnon? How much of a share of the RBBC will he get - 50/50 or 70/30?

I see Coleman getting the early down carries and goal lines. Jerrick Mc will still be there, but he's coming off a serious injury so he may be eased in. I don't like Bell's landing spot at all, terrible O-line with very little around him to take the heat off. He'll always be seeing 8 in the box if not 9.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,414
    edited March 14
    Coleman will be running on that crappy grass in SF but I’ll still take Hopkins side just because AP is only good if he has someone throwing to him. Carr is always hurt so you see where I’m going with this.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • He also has Leonard Fournette, Corey Davis & Zay Jones - do any of those sound better than Tevin Coleman?

I'm hesitant because I'm giving up 2 sure starters and only getting 1 in return (and not a huge upgrade, imo).

• IcemanIceman Posts: 4,375
    This adds to the thought process.....

Tevin Coleman RB, San Francisco 49ers
    Tevin Coleman's contract with the 49ers is worth just $8.5 million over two years.

It was originally reported as a $10 million contract, but that is the max value ($10.6 million). Even worse, the deal does not come with a signing bonus and pays him just $3.6 million in year one, giving the 49ers the option to cleanly get out after one season. The team-friendly deal means the 49ers should be able to keep Jerick McKinnon is they so choose.
    Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Mar 14, 2019, 12:56 PM

He also has Leonard Fournette, Corey Davis & Zay Jones - do any of those sound better than Tevin Coleman?

I'm hesitant because I'm giving up 2 sure starters and only getting 1 in return (and not a huge upgrade, imo).

Keep what you have. The 9ers ran the ball as good as any team last year and they did it will minimal talent.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Iceman said:

This adds to the thought process.....

Tevin Coleman RB, San Francisco 49ers
    Tevin Coleman's contract with the 49ers is worth just $8.5 million over two years.

It was originally reported as a $10 million contract, but that is the max value ($10.6 million). Even worse, the deal does not come with a signing bonus and pays him just $3.6 million in year one, giving the 49ers the option to cleanly get out after one season. The team-friendly deal means the 49ers should be able to keep Jerick McKinnon is they so choose.
    Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Mar 14, 2019, 12:56 PM

Ouch - that's good to know as well!

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,471
    Who is this Tevin Coleman guy? Has he ever been discussed here before?
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • TBLTBL Posts: 751
    Bell side easily for me. Coleman will be in a RBBC with McKinnon and Brieda. Nuk and AB are close enough in value to push me to that side.
  • @Smitty @Hawk12 - I’d like to hear your thoughts on this, please.

• DAXDAX Posts: 1,388
    hopkins side very easily.
  • I was able to get a little more thrown in for me, but here is what I finally accepted this morning:

Give:
    LeVeon Bell
    Antonio Brown
    2020 3rd
    2020 4th

Get:
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Tevin Coleman
    2021 1st
    2021 2nd

I still think it hurts me in the next 2 years, but I have the depth to cover for a Coleman bust and in 2021, the trade definitely shifts in my favor.

Thanks for the help!

• XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,093

I was able to get a little more thrown in for me, but here is what I finally accepted this morning:

Give:
    LeVeon Bell
    Antonio Brown
    2020 3rd
    2020 4th

Get:
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Tevin Coleman
    2021 1st
    2021 2nd

I still think it hurts me in the next 2 years, but I have the depth to cover for a Coleman bust and in 2021, the trade definitely shifts in my favor.

Thanks for the help!

I like that trade for you...well done imo.
  • XXXQB12XXXQB12 Posts: 206
    I like that trade for you as well,...just curious what picks do you have left for 2019?
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYouGuinnessIsGoodForYou Posts: 7,901
    edited March 18
    QB - Big Ben
    RB - DJ, Tevin Coleman, Jaylen Samuels
    WR - Nuk, Julio, Thielen, Cooper, Fitz
    TE - Kittle
    Start - QB, RB, WR, TE, 3Flex
    2019 Picks - 2.02 & 2.10 (14-team league)

I don't think Bell nor Brown play the entire 16 game schedule this year. Brown will be more likely than Bell but both are very likely to miss time to injury (Bell's time away will factor in) and (Brown because he'll pout and quit on the team when they're officially out).
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • WTCM said:

I don't think Bell nor Brown play the entire 16 game schedule this year. Brown will be more likely than Bell but both are very likely to miss time to injury (Bell's time away will factor in) and (Brown because he'll pout and quit on the team when they're officially out).

Yeah, I was thinking along these lines as well.

• GlassJoeGlassJoe Posts: 322
    I actually like Bell's chances to play all 16 games after taking a year off. They were abusing him in Pitt. This is also a (virtually) non-PPR league, so RBs still rule. I like the youth you get, though, and it's a fair trade considering your depth. I just didn't like the Gurley trade. lol
  • GlassJoe said:

I actually like Bell's chances to play all 16 games after taking a year off. They were abusing him in Pitt. This is also a (virtually) non-PPR league, so RBs still rule. I like the youth you get, though, and it's a fair trade considering your depth. I just didn't like the Gurley trade. lol

You played it perfectly, owning Gurley for the 2 years that he was dominant, then dumping him before his arthritis issue popped up.

• GlassJoeGlassJoe Posts: 322

GlassJoe said:

You played it perfectly, owning Gurley for the 2 years that he was dominant, then dumping him before his arthritis issue popped up.
    Not so much played it as got lucky, but I still think Gurley may have upwards of 3-4 elite years left. He could also drop straight off a cliff, but my bet is he's top 5 for two years and then steadily declines out of the top 10. If he's being sold way cheap, I'm buying. If I'm being offered anywhere near top 3 RB value, I'm selling.
  • That makes sense