fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts roku-amazon-tv-49-inch macbook pro amazon Blue-Yetti-USB-Mic 25-inch-lg-ultra-wide-monitor

Kenyan Drake

Why is he ranked so low? What are people's thoughts on him? I see him as a very solid starter and at quick glance, would rank him around the 20-25 range instead of 41. Am I too high on him? Am I missing something? Is it the Dolphins coaching staff that you doubt?

Comments

• TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan Posts: 561
    edited March 12
    Ballage showed well at the end of the season.

Just checked the game logs, it was only one game.

You're right Drake is looking undervalued.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,448
    Drake is an enigma. He avg 4.46 yds per run and 9 yds per rec. He had 9 total TD's. Not bad numbers BUT he only plays half the time. So, that makes him a fantasy crap. Start him as your RB2 and if he has a TD game you're cool. If he doesn't well my flex just out scored your RB2.
    High end 22nd or so value 25th or 26th RB off the board?
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Does the new coaching staff change his usage? With a defensive-minded coach, I think they run a lot more to control the clock. This in turn means a lot more carries.

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,448

Does the new coaching staff change his usage? With a defensive-minded coach, I think they run a lot more to control the clock. This in turn means a lot more carries.

I think it's more of a work load thing. I don't see him as a high usage kind of guy.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,459
    Given a chance, I think Drake could become a viable mid to low end RB1. The problem is that no one has given him the chance to be the primary RB in Miami. Kids got the talent IMO.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,459

Does the new coaching staff change his usage? With a defensive-minded coach, I think they run a lot more to control the clock. This in turn means a lot more carries.

I think it's more of a work load thing. I don't see him as a high usage kind of guy.
    Neither do his coaches apparently. :(
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 9,967
    They still don't k ow how to use there talent. I'm avoiding the phins.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Rmadrid86Rmadrid86 Posts: 85

Given a chance, I think Drake could become a viable mid to low end RB1. The problem is that no one has given him the chance to be the primary RB in Miami. Kids got the talent IMO.

Adam Gase is now gone and so is Frank Gore. Drake right now is known for his homerun or nothing running style, But can this be because he was trying to make the best out of his few touches due to Gases love affair with Gore? I think drafting Drake as your 3rd RB this year and handcuffing him to Ballage late to last round could give you a solid #2 at the cost of a flex pick, I like the value as of now if his ADP stays the same
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,388
    could be a 50-50 split with ballage. eager to see that guy with more carries.
  • Ballage does indeed scare me as a Drake owner. I’ll work on getting his handcuff after the draft (in case they pick an RB early).