fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Is anyone paying attention to the AAF or XFL?

SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,962
I'm honestly intrigued. I know there have been other attempts in the past but these two start ups just might succeed (within reason) and I've been pleasantly surprised with the product that was produced last night. Very watchable, IMO and could produce a whole new avenue of future fantasy/NFL talent.... this is the part I'm most interested in. If theses two leagues take hold and stick around we could find ourselves monitoring both of them (in addition to college) in preparation for our dynasty/redraft drafts. Sounds fun to me!

Comments

• I don’t know if there’s room for TWO additional leagues, that might be overkill, but I can see one of them emerging. I think there’s enough disdain for the nfl with all the kneeling that ppl might be willing to embrace a league that’s just about football. Might force the NFL to have to adapt and make drastic changes if that’s the case.
  • Is Vince McMahon involved?
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,227
    Watching AAF game right now. See what happens
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    Starting running backs Trent Richardson and Zac Stacy
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Starting running backs Trent Richardson and Zac Stacy

LOL - I guess that answers the worthiness of watching.

• SmittySmitty Posts: 8,391

Starting running backs Trent Richardson and Zac Stacy

Two failed Bold Predictions 🤣 sometimes I feel something derailed both and under other circumstances they would have both excelled ha
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    So, not horrible football.

Things I noticed:
    1) Mike Singletary was an awesome player - not so much a head coach
    2) Hackenberg is not a pro QB
    3) Luis Perez may very well be a pro QB in the making
    4) a there are a number of viable TE's not in NFL right now
    5) the WR/RB positions are comprised of guys that are missing something - concentration, work ethic, ball handling etc. they are "pretty good" but not NFL ready
    6) the Defenses have some solid talent

If the NFL is planning on using this league as a feeder system then it may be cool. It's worked for the UFC they have the LFA that gets guys ready for the big show and some make it some don't.
    Over all it's football and it's not bad.
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,973
    So far not bad and impressed.. that said QB play will kill these leagues, they need to focus on Running.

These are guys that couldn't make top 60-90qbs in the NFL and it shows.

Aside from Perez that is