fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

P. Mahomes to have a 6,908 YD / 68 TD season!

SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,962
MFL is currently projecting P. Mahomes to have a 6,908 YD / 68 TD season in 2019..... I highly doubt they're serious, but I found it amusing.

Despite his awesome talent, I'm not sure if it's fair to reasonably expect a repeat of last years numbers.... assuming defenses adjust and what not. If you had to make an estimate of his production moving forward, or have a notion of what you're expecting to see, what is it? Does he repeat, slump, drop elite numbers but lower than his recent MVP season.... or does he actually improve upon what he's already put forward?

Comments

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,885
    WHATEVER!
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,962

WHATEVER!

@chuckeycharles WHATEVER, yourself. lol

I agree it's crazy talk, but found it amusing and it made me wonder what other people are realistically expecting.
  • sludgejudgesludgejudge Posts: 731
    I feel the only way he has a major decline is due to injury... his numbers should stay consistent
  • I’m putting him at 4800/48

edited February 7
    SMFFCN said:

WHATEVER!

@chuckeycharles WHATEVER, yourself. lol

I agree it's crazy talk, but found it amusing and it made me wonder what other people are realistically expecting.
    @SMFFCN

Ya... that whatever was meant for MFL!

That's a 431 yards per game and 4.25 TDs per game average. Mahomes only broke 400 yards once in 2018 and in his final 5 regular season games only broke 300 yards once. While he had 4 or more TDs a total of 6 times, in his final 5 regular season games he had 4, 2, 2, 3 and 2 on 38, 53, 34, 40 and 24 passing attempts against Raiders, Ravens, Chargers, Seahawks and Raiders.

Not only do I DOUBT the projections by MFL... I DOUBT that he will repeat his 2018 numbers.

In the words of Pat Morita as Mr. Myagi...

10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,973
    Every#1 QB has had a decline in numbers the following year
  • boobam13boobam13 Posts: 1,990
    lukeb5301 said:

Even with a decline he could easily be the QB1 again

I’m putting him at 4800/48

This is more in line of my actual expectations as well. Though, 48 TDs might be a little hard to snag... not impossible but it's crazy to think of a player tossing up essentially 100 TDs in his first two seasons as a starter.
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,066
    Low 4000s and low 40s TD
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,497
    whew, lot of venom above for what was an obvious joke on projections.....

Yeah, he's a beast - some falling back to earth even has him at a strong QB1. I'd put a number on it, but don't want to get my hand hit with the ruler
  • lukeb5301lukeb5301 Posts: 1,973
    boobam13 said:

lukeb5301 said:

Even with a decline he could easily be the QB1 again
    Oh for sure. I plan on winning another championship with him next year
    Only problem will be his price tag...
    Hmmmm all this furor over MFL's / Fantasy Shark's projections for Mahomes.

MFL still likes Gurley projecting 2100+ total yards and 24 total TDs. They ain't paying attention to Smitty... LOL

I am with Smitty... I think that Gurley has some big setback. Glad I don't own him.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,588
    4500 and 40 tds seems fair..
  • 4500 and 40 tds seems fair..

Agree with those numbers.

• swampiesswampies Posts: 3,581
    5500 passing / 320 rushing
    Plus 57 tds is what I’m expecting with a more involved offense after his rookie season since he was held in the first 2 weeks until they felt confident he was grasping it which he was
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Your expectations are laughable swamps. He won’t touch Peyton’s record next year. Teams will adjust to Hill. He’s a 1 trick pony.

Ask Dan Marino if expectations ballooned after his Sophomore year. Mahomes was in his 2nd year last yeAr by the way? Not a rookie
  • Doubtful he’ll get to Swampies expectations, I’ll go 5,100/50, but the One trick pony comment is laughable, @OdellBeckhamSr... he does much more than just air it out to hill, the kid deserves more credit than that.

Your expectations are laughable swamps. He won’t touch Peyton’s record next year. Teams will adjust to Hill. He’s a 1 trick pony.

Ask Dan Marino if expectations ballooned after his Sophomore year. Mahomes was in his 2nd year last yeAr by the way? Not a rookie

@OdellBeckhamSr I don't think he'll get to those numbers either... ballpark maybe. That said, Mahomes is so far from a "one trick pony" it's not even funny. Will there be regression... more than likely, but even with that he has a strong chance to repeat as the #1 QB in the league (mentioned above I think). He's honestly one the most dynamic QBs I've watched in the last 20+ years. No look throws, left handed passes, scrambles with the best of them, improvises when plays break down, accurate (not just heaving it up there and praying).... reminds me of a more athletic Favre minus the interceptions and prayers.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,581
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • I said Hill was the one trick pony- not mahomes
    edited February 11

I said Hill was the one trick pony- not mahomes

My bad I misread your comment... that being said, I’d call Hill a multi-trick pony. They use Hill all over the field. Receiving, Rushing and in the punt return game...he runs end arounds, screens, slants, curls and of course go routes with the best of them...He’s always aware of where the first down marker is... and is a red zone threat too.
    He’s going into his 4th year in 2019, and his numbers have climbed every year.
    2018 year 3 stats
    87/1479/12 receiving Avg.17.0
    22/151/1 rushing Avg. 6.9
    20/213/1 punt returns Avg 10.7
    Mahomes ability to keep plays alive gives Hill the opportunity to get open and break long plays...
  • I said Hill was the one trick pony- not mahomes

Mahomes ability to keep plays alive gives Hill the opportunity to get open and break long plays...
    I agree with this right here - HUGE help for both of them!