fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

How to QUIETLY dump GURLEY in DYNASTY.

SmittySmitty Posts: 8,387
edited February 6 in Dynasty Only
Just pulled this off in PPR/Dynasty/Expert $League:

****.com gave up:

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB
Brown, John BAL WR
Year 2020 Round 4 Rookie Pick

SleeperU.com gave up:
Gurley, Todd LAR RB
Year 2020 Round 2 Rookie Pick
- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• If Ingram leaves then I love this trade. With the running back depth a lot stronger than years past, Gurleys value is definitely plummeting.
  • *playing it safe IMO. Not too bad Smitty.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 8,387
    Team:

QB: Deshaun Watson (Tom Brady)
    RB1: Saquon Barkley
    RB2: Alvin Kamara
    Flex: LeVeon Bell

No good WRs aside from Marvin Jones... I have Phillip Lindsay and 1st Round Pick to get a WR1. I love this kind of project for the off-season.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Sweet - I also like John Brown to become a solid starter for you.

Yeah buddy
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,210
    Nice
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,495
    man I don't see why you had to give Gurley and a 2nd for Kamara and John Brown and a 4th. Brown is a total throw in, and with Jackson at QB his production dropped off a cliff, I own him in places and he had zero games of 3 or more catches after the QB change... Zero useful games after the bye

This is an honest question - Gurley, has his value really dropped below Kamara?
  • Hawk12 said:

Not yet, but it will. I think he could have done the trade without the picks right now, but Kamara will be higher ranked than Gurley by July.

Hawk12 said:

Not yet, but it will. I think he could have done the trade without the picks right now, but Kamara will be higher ranked than Gurley by July.
    Nope he knows Gurley is losing value... this will be a steal in hindsight 👍
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,495
    I love that you are 100% on board and have already made a move, putting your money where your mouth is!

Godfather is taking action, its time to pay attention for those on the fence like me
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 628
    something to consider here is that C J Anderson wasn't in the picture until very late in the season ... so a 2019 split workload is a possibility, keeping both backs reasonably fresh, and it could be a Freeman/Coleman type situation, where both could see 900-1200 yds and 10-12 TD's, no?
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
    Hawk12 said:

I love that you are 100% on board and have already made a move, putting your money where your mouth is!

Godfather is taking action, its time to pay attention for those on the fence like me

🤛
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    PDTDT said:

something to consider here is that C J Anderson wasn't in the picture until very late in the season ... so a 2019 split workload is a possibility, keeping both backs reasonably fresh, and it could be a Freeman/Coleman type situation, where both could see 900-1200 yds and 10-12 TD's, no?

Maybe but CJ doesn’t worry me as much as Gurley is just concerning. Meaning, any backup would be in the same boat.. CJ is solid but not the threat. The threat is injury and hitting that wall, but really I think he won’t hold up. Am I a year early? Maybe, we shall see..
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • They aren’t paying Gurley the most money for a RB in the league to have him split carries. I can guarantee that.

They aren’t paying Gurley the most money for a RB in the league to have him split carries. I can guarantee that.

I agree. And, in my video I state that CJ Anderson isn't even really part of my argument AT ALL. It has everything to do with the fact that: 1) He doesn't look right, 2) He says he's not hurt, 3) The team isn't using him right, even if they do plan to run him more which I agree they will try to do, 4) He has a history of knee issues even if far removed... and that's relevant because he knee looks hurt even if he says he's relatively healthy.

@HellAtlantic it has more to do with all that adding up to a RB that has been abused over 4 years not staying healthy in 2019.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • I can get on board with that. I was just playing devil’s advocate. If you’re right you definitely deserve props for getting in front of this earlier than I’ve seen anywhere. You definitely nailed your Fournette bust 2018 call so you’re on to something.