fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Gurley

SmittySmitty Posts: 8,391

- Smitty
SleeperU.com

Comments

• Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,497
    you did call this a few weeks back, and despite what ever they all are saying, something is not right or they'd have given him a ton of work when they needed it most in the SB

I was not one to believe when you first posted your opinion, I'm more on board with this as a bigger possibility now. he's had 229, 278, 279, 256 (this year despite missing two games), and caught 21, 43, 64, snd 59 this year....

SO his touch rate the last 3 years has been 321, 343, 315 this year. His knee is the same knee from Georgia, and the Rams were babying him since week 15 because they know they don't want to damage the goods (like Robert Griffin, overplay him when he's banged up and sustain a worse injury and drastically shorten his career - figured I'd spell it out for those with short memories).

By all observations, there was something wrong with Gurley, and the Rams put a load limit that was very small on him in the playoffs when they had a very strong SB contending team. Baffling to me that he didn't demand more time, or the coaches and owners didn't sit down with the trainers and talk over the plan of abuse on the premiere RB.

I was under the impression that the week off and rest int eh playoffs was so they could ride him like a Clydesdale in the SB, WRONG and don't see any way he's not got something wrong in that knee to get CJA carries over him the entire first half..... Its not a pain tolerance issue, it was the fricking SB, its got to something like an MCL that's not quite right, a small meniscus that keeps catching on the tear and needing to be cleaned up, or he's really seriously hurt and toughed it out and in either of those cases the Rams made a wise long term decision.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,821
    don't own, so no worries. but yeah, he's been off all year.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • boobam13boobam13 Posts: 1,990

not sure you can say all year...he was on fire for most of the season
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,885
    boobam13 said:

not sure you can say all year...he was on fire for most of the season
    Yes he was... but, he just was unable to do this...

10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • LocalKineLocalKine Posts: 1,026
    Do not care what McVay or Gurley says, this dude was very obviously playing below 100%. I suspect "Is Gurley a 2019 bust?" will be an off-season hot take that will prove to be a huge overreaction.
    10-team, non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE.
    2019 keepers: QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Todd Gurley, RB Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dalvin Cook, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Odell Beckham, WR Mike Evans, WR N'Keal Harry
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 8,391
    Someone is on the Bold Predictions.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com