fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts smitty fantasy football goes live for 24 hours

View Replay of the Live 24 Hour+ Stream!

Tampa Bay Bucs Offense

Howdy gang. The Bucs have a new sheriff in town. The one and only QB whisperer himself Bruce Arians so what does that mean for offensive production in the fantasy world. Here's my take for what it's worth.

Arians has no problem with letting the QB sling the ball around. Mostly to the WR's.
So players like Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Adam Humphries should be fine if not in for an uptick in usage.
With the exception of 2009 in Pitt when Heath Miller got 98 targets alone (109 TE targets that year) putting the target to TE's at about 21% it looks like Arians offenses generally target TE's around 10% -14% of the time. That would put Brate and Howard right about where they have been production wise. However, IF Arians see Howard as a producer his numbers could go up.
Running backs out of the back field. David Johnson had 1 year of stellar production in Arizona and that put the rush/pass attempts fairly close - the Bucs don't have a David Johnson. I love Peyton Barber as a football player and as a between the tackles runner. Hell he should be the starter next season imo. RoJo would have to have an amazing off season to become a usable target next season.

So overall imo if the Bucs don't get any new skill players then the offensive scheme will be 60% pass / 40% rush with the WR's getting the lions share of the work and the QB being very busy.

Fantasy impact for next season:

Jamis Winston QB1 (hell he could have 5000 yds and 40 tds buyer beware may have 25 ints as well)
Mike Evan WR1
Chris Godwin solid WR2 with upside
Adam Humphries world class Flex with upside to WR2 (he has to stop getting lit up though)
O.J. Howard TE2 with upside to TE1
Cameron Brate TE2
Peyton Barber RB2 or solid Flex
Ronald Jones TBD

Deeper benches may want to keep Bobo Wilson and Justin Watson on speed dial incase one of the big 3 from above get injured.

we'll see.
"The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
Mod - Sleeper U

Comments

• SmittySmitty Posts: 7,340
    edited January 10
    Nice, pal. I may do a team by team breakdown, so let me work on that and insert this bad boy into the TB slot. Nice job.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,124
    Thnxs RBF... Good stuff
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 6,699
    👍👍
  • Great info! Thanks RBF

• Smitty said:

I may do a team by team breakdown.

That would be awesome!!

• swampiesswampies Posts: 3,101
    Crazy to think that I might need to keep Peyton Barber where normally I would have dropped him before next season starts. Thank you for throwing in a wrench into my off season thinking rbf
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,211
    nice team breakdown - if I recall Humphies will prob not be with TB next year. URFA
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,298
    swampies said:

Crazy to think that I might need to keep Peyton Barber where normally I would have dropped him before next season starts. Thank you for throwing in a wrench into my off season thinking rbf

no prob - glad to help :)
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,298
    Hawk12 said:

nice team breakdown - if I recall Humphies will prob not be with TB next year. URFA

correct @Hawk12 he is a URFA it would be in the Bucs best interest to try and retain him - we'll see what happens
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,211
    I think they have defense FAs to go get.... There are so many great D players that will be available just off the Eagles alone, TB should get someone from the Eagles alone IMO

Not really sure they need Humphries if they choose to actually use OJ Howard....
    edited January 12
    That kid Watson seems to have some potential on the outside.

DeSean Jackson - WR - Buccaneers

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports new Bucs coach Bruce Arians is attempting to convince DeSean Jackson to return to the Buccaneers next season.
    One of the first moves Arians reportedly made upon being hired was ask for Jackson's phone number. The two have yet to talk, but Arians has all the intention in the world in bringing the secondary-lifter back in 2019. Jackson would admittedly be an enticing Best Ball option in Arians' downfield full-throttle attack, but his presence would also likely keep Chris Godwin on limited reps for another year.
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Jan 12 - 11:40 AM