fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts fantasy football rankings cheat sheets 2018 fantasy football articles, predictions, sleepers fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts

Due to upgrades, you MAY need to RESET YOUR PASSWORD in order to login. Email Me if having issues!

Draft slot selection for 2019

I am able to pick any draft slot between 8-12. 12 team league, re draft year 1. Keep the player in the round you take going forward. Was thinking of taking 12, having the 2 picks, and taking my favorite player second to lock in the better keep round going forward. Thoughts? This will be a 3 year league with 3 keepers FYI

Thanks
Matty

Comments

• wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,109
    I like 12 exactly for that reason. Two in a row, not just early, but often. Just don't be afraid to reach at any point, since it'll be 24 pick before it gets back to you. Maybe Tyreek/MThomas + Kelce here?
    D3: QB—Allen, Roethlisberger, Rudolph, TRUBISKY; RB—COHEN, Gore, HENRY, HOWARD, McGuire, Samuels; WR—Amendola, Chark, Gallup, LANDRY, MILLER, Reynolds, Sutton, THOMAS, Washington; TE—BURTON, Hurst, Shaheen; PK—ZUERLEIN; DEF—RAVENS. // D4: QB—Fitzpatrick, Rudolph, WATSON, Winston; RB—COHEN, CONNER, Edmonds, HOWARD, Jackson, Samuels; WR—ALLEN, Amendola, Cain, Chark, Dorsett, GOLLADAY, Harris, HILL, JEFFERY, MILLER, Perriman, Williams; TE—Gesicki, McDonald, OLSEN, Watson; PK—GOSTKOWSKI; DEF—RAMS.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,699
    I would take #8 I think. Being 5 slots earlier for all odd rounds will add up
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,117

I would take #8 I think. Being 5 slots earlier for all odd rounds will add up

and the 5 slots later in the odd rounds won't add up? I'm missing the logic here....

12 is not a bad idea as you get the best round 2 player for keeper reasons. Look at the RB drop off come next year and I'g allow that to weigh in a good bit if you think there is any way of landing a top RB. I doubt it at 8-12 but you never know.

PPR?
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,699
    Logic is I like the higher pick in the earlier round.

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,034

Logic is I like the higher pick in the earlier round.

True... If you draft at 1.01, then you also draft at 2.12 and 3.01. Ya, it's a long wait after you make your 1st pick, but, you get a double hit when there should still be considerable value at 2.12 and 3.01.

In redraft, there are good and bad aspects to any draft position.

For me, I play dynasty and limited (2 or 3) keeper. In my keeper league, the advantage as to where you draft in round 1 depends upon who you might keep that will cost you your 1st round pick. The better that player is, the later you would want to draft in round 1

In the 10 team keeper league, the bottom 4 teams play a 3 week round-robin tournament for picks 1.01 - 1.04. Then, as teams are eliminated in the playoffs, they play each other for the choice of drafting at 1.05 or 1.06 and 1.07 or 1.08. So, if a team is keeping a player that will cost it a round 1 pick, then, choosing the later pick, gets them a boost in round 2. I happened to win the round-robin, so I will send Zeke back to the draft board and either draft him or one of the other great RBs that cannot be kept due to the keeper rules. I also will keep 3 players who will cost me a pick after round 5. The possible keepers include Guice for 12.10, Carson for 9.01, Damien Williams for 15.01 and Cohen for 13.01 plus a couple other possibilities
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, A.Miller, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, JonnuSmith
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, Baldwin, Parker, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, R.Matthews / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • Normally, I would tell you to have Tiers for the top players and take the lowest position in the first tier. Then you still get a player of similar value, but then you get the earlier 2nd round pick.

However in your case (where you can keep them for the same round next year), I would consider getting 1st choice of the 2nd round.

In the end though, I think you need to play for this year until you are officially eliminated - then start trading for good keepers to the teams fighting for the playoffs.

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,176
    I like the book ends myself
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 861
    As do I.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,144

Yep, especially if my only options were 8-12.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • XXXQB12XXXQB12 Posts: 176

Yep, especially if my only options were 8-12.
    I agree, if you are going to pick late 1st, I want an early 2nd.