fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Change for next year

2»

Comments

• SmittySmitty Posts: 8,396

I like this layout a lot. It's very clean looking and predicting actual numbers for each player would be so much more time consuming for Smitty then just doing teirs.

Yeah, to he honest, and I am always honest with you guys, the projections were draining and for little response given the time. Analytics show that for as much time as I spend updating the 10-15 irrelevant injuries that affect maybe 5-10% of all your guys' line-ups, it's just wasted effort. And, it's easy to drop the ball on projections because the back end and the start bench tool it powers makes it a more daunting task than it probably appears. This lightens up my time a TON, I can't even tell you, and since we have not received one single negative on this, clearly it's a winner for all sides AND GIVES YOU ALL MORE CONTENT moving forward.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Love it and thrilled that it also makes your life easier!

Not sure if you guys noticed the news feeds from ESPN and Rotoworld etc are back in place of news. I tried it almost all year, but the response isn't there given the effort.

I vow to you guys that 2019 (starting in less than what 19 days), I'm going to create more/better content by simplifying what I offer. I can bite of 1000 different things and none will be great. Or, as great as it should be.

I need to do 5-6 things amazing. So, that's the reason for these changes, not to cheat you guys out of features. It will be better, bigger, and video content will be sprinkled all over.

Are you guys liking the video?
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • I'd much rather have less features but better content so I for one like where your heading with this. Far as the video goes I don't see any on the page. Maybe it's bc I don't have a computer and only use Tablet but only videos I see are ones you post in forums. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong spot. The videos I've seen you post though I've enjoyed.
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.
    edited December 2018
    @Doobie_Snacks I do post most all on the forum and in articles on the homepage (the moving article slider)... but, subscribe here and click the BELL icon inside the subscribe button, and you will get alerted to each new show/segment posted!

SHOW LINK

- Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Smitty said:

@Doobie_Snacks I do post most all on the forum and in articles on the homepage (the moving article slider)... but, subscribe here and click the BELL icon inside the subscribe button, and you will get alerted to each new show/segment posted!

SHOW LINK

Thank you Sir... I never bother subscribing to anyone. You are the first person I've ever subscribed to. You appear to work hard and I really enjoy the content and the msg boards so 👍
    Winning Fantasy Football Championships is easier without pants on. Underwear is optional.

Smitty said:

SHOW LINK

Thank you Sir... I never bother subscribing to anyone. You are the first person I've ever subscribed to. You appear to work hard and I really enjoy the content and the msg boards so 👍
    Much appreciated pal
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,497
    Smitty said:

Thanks @Smitty.

Any thoughts about doing a RB/ WR / TE flex rank. Basically like the redraft and dynasty over-all rannks

I'll consider adding that for 2019, but it might be hard to add more to the mix as the goal will be to make these super accurate with injuries, etc, the more complex the more maintenance and the more likely i have less time to adjust with news. I'm kinda trying to ensure accuracy for 2019 vs offering SO MUCH and not being able to deliver on the accuracy part. If that makes honest sense.
    I agree with this general direction and thought process.... Keep it simple to update and maintain accuracy on a week to week basis.

Same could be said for the dynasty rankings if that makes life easier. Especially as the NFL draft, pre-season, and most league trade deadlines come around - those D rankings will help in making the long term decisions on trades. Particularly around the trade deadlines, as some will be selling now for future, and some will be buying now and selling future assests.... Just my 0.02 cents
  • Hey @Smitty

I just noticed that you put a easier to find link for the weekly rankings. Very nice.

So this week
    I have Wilson or Luck, Zeke, Kamara, Hopkins, M.Thomas and Gronk plus Lutz and Ravens DST
    My opponent has Rodgers, Conner, Justin Jackson, D.Adams, Woods, Kittle plus Rosas and Jaguars DST

No point in even playing the game right? I am the commish. Shall I just advance my team to the Super Bowl?

10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
    @chuckeycharles you better win. Thanks @Hawk12
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    Check out the Weekly Rankings and all of the players out, much easier and more accurate to manage this. If anyone is for sure out that is listed, let me know, but I have D and Q by a few too.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,587
    Robert Foster should be moved up this week @Smitty against Detroit
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • Smitty .....will you be doing a non ppr ranking list also
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • Smitty .....will you be doing a non ppr ranking list also

Yes please?
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
    edited December 2018
    Probably not in terms of non-PPR. Sorry. I know we still have a % of folks still playing non-ppr, but to synch such a thing takes me back in the direction of doing too much and inviting inaccuracy. If projections powered them, it's an easy feature design. Since these rankings are not powered off projections, more of an eyeball test, players would fall through the cracks, marking off injured players would take place on two lists, it would be a mess and lead to a lesser product. I hate to say no, but so much goes into two lists if they aren't powered off something like projections and numbers.

I will make it a point to have non-ppr articles all off-season and to do a non-ppr rankings article a couple times a month in July-Sept.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    swampies said:

Robert Foster should be moved up this week @Smitty against Detroit

Added
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
    @swampies Thanks for letting me know he was missing. Robert Foster is a great dynasty grab if available, I like him a lot, and someone is likely to emerge for BUF to be a legit WR2 in fantasy.. he could be that guy that kinda comes out of no where. Super talented.
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Smitty said:

Probably not in terms of non-PPR. Sorry. I know we still have a % of folks still playing non-ppr, but to synch such a thing takes me back in the direction of doing too much and inviting inaccuracy. If projections powered them, it's an easy feature design. Since these rankings are not powered off projections, more of an eyeball test, players would fall through the cracks, marking off injured players would take place on two lists, it would be a mess and lead to a lesser product. I hate to say no, but so much goes into two lists if they aren't powered off something like projections and numbers.

I will make it a point to have non-ppr articles all off-season and to do a non-ppr rankings article a couple times a month in July-Sept.

Reason asking is that I play in one league which is a $600 entry fee with $10 per all transactions 12 team redraft non ppr, also play DFS which your new ppr rankings I can use but can’t use them in my league, so it had been a nice ride & keep up the very good work you do.....later

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Smitty said:

Reason asking is that I play in one league which is a $600 entry fee with $10 per all transactions 12 team redraft non ppr, also play DFS which your new ppr rankings I can use but can’t use them in my league, so it had been a nice ride & keep up the very good work you do.....later

I hear ya but give the tiers a chance and they should identify sleepers for DFS
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com