fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

daily fantasy football fantasy underdog

L. Bell trade potential

No hard facts in the slightest, so take this for what it's worth.

My father frequently golfs with some of the Packer's brass/players and there's whispers of GB attempting to make a trade for L. Bell. I know the Steelers just said they have no intent to trade him, but it's something that's being discussed (on the GB side at least). I know GB runs a different scheme than PIT but this would be a MASSIVE offensive power boost should it ever come to fruition.

Again, this is nothing but rumor mill stuff so don't read into too heavy.

Comments

• That would be HUGE for the Packers!

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 8,882
    Wow, that would be HUGE for them and Bell would maintain his top notch rb spot imo. BUT, other than ARod, when has GB really opened their checkbook like that or do you think it’s a 1year thing?
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,530
    CoolHand said:

Wow, that would be HUGE for them and Bell would maintain his top notch rb spot imo. BUT, other than ARod, when has GB really opened their checkbook like that or do you think it’s a 1year thing?

There's been a major change in the front office in GB. In the past, there would be no chance of this happening. However, with new team management, this could actually unfold if PIT is willing to listen. Just look at the off-season differences and trades in the draft.... very different approach up north this year.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 2,530
    edited September 2018
    SMFFCN said:

CoolHand said:

There's been a major change in the front office in GB. In the past, there would be no chance of this happening. However, with new team management, this could actually unfold if PIT is willing to listen. Just look at the off-season differences and trades in the draft.... very different approach up north this year.
    EDIT: Again, this was just casual talk on the green, nothing hard fact in the slightest.

EDIT 2: Not sure why the edit became an entirely new post, lol.
    Maybe GB will trade JWilliams plus for Bell... could be a win/win for both imo.
  • DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 1,221
    CoolHand said:

Maybe GB will trade JWilliams plus for Bell... could be a win/win for both imo.

Not sure why Pitt would trade for an RB after what Conner did yesterday lol... But those 1st round picks could get Pitt to bite
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 5,608
    I was just thinking after watching last night's game...it would be amazing g for GB if they could trade for Bell. I'm sure PIT won't even discuss trades right now because Bell isn't on their team until he signs the tender...maybe they will listen to offers after Bell signs and if Conner keeps producing.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,753
    If you ask me, its that line that produces the talent. I'm not taking away from Connor, but the big men up front deserve a ton of credit.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

If you ask me, its that line that produces the talent. I'm not taking away from Connor, but the big men up front deserve a ton of credit.

And the PIT scheme uses the RB a ton in the passing game and red zone.
    But as an owner of Bell and Conner, I would love to see them as workhorse backs on different teams.
    I actually thought Conner looked beaten up in the 2nd half...but he toughed it out.
    Xtreme said:

I actually thought Conner looked beaten up in the 2nd half...but he toughed it out.

Dude beat cancer, this is nothing to him.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Xtreme said:

Heck yeah... kid is a beast!
  • WTCM said:

Xtreme said:

LOVE THIS!!

• DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 1,221
    Xtreme said:

I was just thinking after watching last night's game...it would be amazing g for GB if they could trade for Bell. I'm sure PIT won't even discuss trades right now because Bell isn't on their team until he signs the tender...maybe they will listen to offers after Bell signs and if Conner keeps producing.

Or maybe this is used to get bell to sign and trade. Bells trade value keeps going down the longer he holds out, because the acquiring team will be getting less games the longer it is dragged out.

Pitt and other agree to trade. Inform bell, bells agent then works out contract with other team. Trade then happens

Only question is can another team offer him a new contract even though he was franchised by Pitt evn though being traded?
    If Aaron has any serious injury, trading for Bell is a decent plan B
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 7,821
    WTCM said:

^This^ and the Browns were playing cover 2 most of the game, Steelers would have seen more cover 1 if Bell was playing.