fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Keepers due by midnight HELP!?

12 team 2 keeper league .5ppr. I need to select two keepers. The cost of each keeper is a round ahead of where they were selected the previous year. If continuously kept then the cost goes up by one round every year. This is new in our league so id like some input. Here is my options and the rounds that it would cost me this year if i kept whatever 2. Now if i two players with the same round are kept, then one of them would advance an extra round. so if two 2nd rounders were kept, one would cost a 1st and the other would cost a 2nd

James Conner-undrafted would cost me a 17th

JUJU-2nd round

Dalvin Cook-1st round

Damien Williams-went undrafted would cost me a 17th

Travis Kelce 3rd round

Beckahm JR-1st

After my projection of who each team keeps. I should be picking 5th overall.Top available
DJ,Julio,Beckham,Keenan Allen,Cook,Fournette,Mike Evans, plus whoever I don’t keep

after that I’m picking 11th out of 12

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,626
    Connor is an obvious choice. Kelce would be my second selection based on ADP value
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • shalnashalna Posts: 10
    edited August 12
    WTCM said:

Connor is an obvious choice. Kelce would be my second selection based on ADP value

Not a fan of Damian in the 16th? If I keep two players that cost the same, one has to move up a round. I don’t have two 17s
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,023
    welcome aboard @shalna
    WTCM said:

option 1
    option 2 thru 5 lol
    Kelce/JuJu - not gaining much value but could be BPA in those round
    Connor or Williams/OBJ - pick the RB you like the best and your WR
    Connor or Williams/JuJu - above
    Connor/Williams - well worth it even with the risk involved with both players

good luck
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
    Its a great ADP value, and probably @Smitty pick. Its a personal choice of mine to go with Kelce as I don't believe Damien will last the full 16 game season. I prefer Darwin Thompson, but i'm in the minority. I couldn't fault you with going with the early favorite Damien.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • bruceflashbruceflash Posts: 125
    Conner and Williams
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,669
    edited August 12
    WTCM said:

This for me as well. Kelce is the top TE in fantasy so securing him before the draft would be a very nice start.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

WTCM said:

This for me as well. Kelce is the top TE in fantasy so securing him before the draft would be a very nice start.
    You believe that’s better than keeping Conner and Williams and having all my top draft selections? First 3 picks I believe will be Gurley,Julio,Beckham, Kelce or juju and then my pick. So there’s a chance I could get juju or Kelce back with my first. If I risked it lmk thx
    I prefer keeping Kelce as the top TE since you are required to start one. I'm on the fence with both Conner and Williams BUT Conner for a 17th round pick is less risk and I prefer him over Williams right now. Williams is a risky RB right now and has never been the primary ball carrier in his NFL career so injuries are a concern for me with him. Is he capable of producing RB1 numbers in that KC offense, yes. But he does have some decent competition on that KC depth chart and is already dealing with a hamstring issue.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • DemigodrvaDemigodrva Posts: 666
    WTCM said:

Its a great ADP value, and probably @Smitty pick. Its a personal choice of mine to go with Kelce as I don't believe Damien will last the full 16 game season. I prefer Darwin Thompson, but i'm in the minority. I couldn't fault you with going with the early favorite Damien.

Damien and Conner here.. the value is absurd... though I can see kelce in the third. Are ertz and Kittle being kept (I assume Kittle is either where he was drafted late or as a FA in the 17th)

WTCM said:

Damien and Conner here.. the value is absurd... though I can see kelce in the third. Are ertz and Kittle being kept (I assume Kittle is either where he was drafted late or as a FA in the 17th)

Kittle and Ertz will not be kept
    shalna said:

WTCM said:

Then retain Williams, use a third or 2nd to get a TE.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • PDTDTPDTDT Posts: 610
    I like Kelce for obvious reasons...even losing third rd
    and Connor or Williams
    Cousins, Dalton
    DJohnson, DCook, JHoward
    AJGreen, DHop, SDiggs
    DNjoku
    shalna said:

WTCM said:

If you're confident you can draft a top TE then keep a player like Williams for a much later draft spot. If Williams can't stay healthy or gets outplayed by one of the other RB's and loses the starting gig then it only cost you a 17th round pick but you also lose a weekly starter.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    Just snag Darwin in the 16th round ;)
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    PDTDT said:

and Connor or Williams

Hard not to like the best TE in fantasy football, lol.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

PDTDT said:

and Connor or Williams

So if you had to choose at the end of the day you’re picking Conner and Kelce? Do I have that right? Or Conner and Williams and get Ertz or Kittle in the second? It’s snake so I should have anywhere from the 5-7 7 at worst depending on keepers and then after that keepers are occupied until my next pick at the turn
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,616
    Conner and Kelce..

Make sure to grab Samuels later

Also, how can you keep both Conner and Williams if you say they are both undrafted and cost you the same 17th round pick?
    G_Men said:

Conner and Kelce..

Make sure to grab Samuels later

Also, how can you keep both Conner and Williams if you say they are both undrafted and cost you the same 17th round pick?

Because one would cost me just an extra round higher because I don’t have two 17s
    Missed that.. I would keep Conner and Williams, then grab Kittle a round early
    G_Men said:

There is a small risk the team that has Kittle keeps him. It’s a toss up. Would you still go Williams and you’re not concerned about that situation?
    edited August 13
    shalna said:

PDTDT said:

and Connor or Williams

So if you had to choose at the end of the day you’re picking Conner and Kelce? Do I have that right? Or Conner and Williams and get Ertz or Kittle in the second? It’s snake so I should have anywhere from the 5-7 7 at worst depending on keepers and then after that keepers are occupied until my next pick at the turn
    Connor/Kelce
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 485
    Williams and Conner easily. You running backs are set. You can redraft Wr/Kelce in the 1st and 2nd rd.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
    boyzball said:

Williams and Conner easily. You running backs are set. You can redraft Wr/Kelce in the 1st and 2nd rd.

You trust Williams?
    shalna said:

G_Men said:

There is a small risk the team that has Kittle keeps him. It’s a toss up. Would you still go Williams and you’re not concerned about that situation?
    No because that means another elite WR or RB will be available in that spot. Besides the players having talent, you want the best value. 16th and 17th Round for two potential top 12 RB? It leaves plenty of room to build elsewhere..

The worst case is you reach for a TE or another player you really want and you’re still in great shape because of the value you saved elsewhere.

You could reach and grab Kelce/Kittle in the 1st round and still be walking into the 2nd round of your draft with Conner/Williams/Kelce(or Kittle) .. that’s a great start
    boyzball said:

You think Williams is worth the risk of losing Kelce potentially then?
    G_Men said:

shalna said:

G_Men said:

No because that means another elite WR or RB will be available in that spot. Besides the players having talent, you want the best value. 16th and 17th Round for two potential top 12 RB? It leaves plenty of room to build elsewhere..

The worst case is you reach for a TE or another player you really want and you’re still in great shape because of the value you saved elsewhere.

You could reach and grab Kelce/Kittle in the 1st round and still be walking into the 2nd round of your draft with Conner/Williams/Kelce(or Kittle) .. that’s a great start