fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Darrell Henderson at 1.7 - no brainer right?

Jacobs, Harry, Montgomery (Me), Metcalf, Sanders, Paris Campbell....on the clock at 1.7

it's a steal, right? I think Hockensen doesn't make sense for me here

QB: Mahomes, Luck
RB's: Lamar Miller, Damien Williams, James White, David Montgomery
WR's: Fitz, Funchess, Alshon, Curtis Samuel, Josh Gordon, Anthony Miller, Sutton, Golden Tate
TE: Kittle, Cook
10 Team PPR
Mahomes, Luck, Allen
Gurley, Hunt, White, Clement, Booker, RoJo (TS)
Alshon, Gordon, Tate, Funchess, Sutton, Hogan, Gabriel, Anthony Miller, David Moore, Zay Jones (TS), John Ross (TS), Curtis Samuel (TS)
Rudolph, Cook

Comments

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,023
    I'd take Hendy
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • bruceflashbruceflash Posts: 125
    In a general sense, I also don't mind AJ Brown or Kyler Murray at this spot as well. But looking at your roster, I would go Henderson
  • TBLTBL Posts: 803
    I personally would go with Singletary but cant go wrong with Hendy either.
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,735
    Henderson. Though Hock would be a good pick too.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 485
    Jacobs and Kyler for me.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 471
    Henderson went at 1.7 in my draft. Honestly, I think he could have standalone value as a rich man’s Chris Thompson.
  • georgegeorge Posts: 462
    Can you make a trade? This class is weak.
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 749

In a general sense, I also don't mind AJ Brown or Kyler Murray at this spot as well. But looking at your roster, I would go Henderson

At 5’8 208 lbs Henderson is only 6 lbs heavier than Gio Bernard is. I think that’s Henderson’s likely ceiling. A slightly faster Gio Bernard. Same non-power 5 school background too (Hendy=Memphis, Gio=North Carolina). They never gave Gio the keys to the backfield and he’s basically Darrell Henderson.
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,516

At 5’8 208 lbs Henderson is only 6 lbs heavier than Gio Bernard is. I think that’s Henderson’s likely ceiling. A slightly faster Gio Bernard. Same non-power 5 school background too (Hendy=Memphis, Gio=North Carolina). They never gave Gio the keys to the backfield and he’s basically Darrell Henderson.
    Gio was going top 3 when he came out.

edited August 11
    DAX said:

Gio was going top 3 when he came out.

And top 3 is what’s being talked about around here. And Gio didn’t have to wait for someone’s bum knee to give out, there was a year or two before Mixon where he had the whole backfield to himself. And still they replaced him. He’s a passing down change of pace RB today. There’s too much talent in NFL to settle for mediocrity, you gotta put up elite numbers. Those are the ones who have more than a 3-4 year career. I like Hendy and if he’s available at 1.7 I gotta think long and hard about him but I see him and nothing screams Zeke or Saquon - those guys there was no question of what they’d be, you didn’t have to grasp at straws hoping.
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,516
    Zeke and Barkley went 1st overall and cost multiple 1sts if you wanted to trade for that #1 spot. We're talking about the 7th pick. You're expecting too much from that player. If he was a no brainer he would be going at #1.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,508
    Just took henderson at 5 for reference
    Darrell Henderson contributed 13 yards on six carries while catching his lone target for a loss of five yards Saturday in the Rams’ preseason opener against the Raiders.
    Henderson was the second Rams’ running back to see the field after John Kelly. He sprinkled in a smattering of nice runs including a pair of seven-yard bursts. Unfortunately, it was a feast-or-famine debut for the rookie, who either lost yardage or was stopped at the line of scrimmage on four of his seven touches. The Memphis product has probably been over-drafted this summer, though he’s still a worthy handcuff for injury-prone bell-cow Todd Gurley.
  • bruceflashbruceflash Posts: 125
    I'm more concerned that he played. McVey doesn't typically play his best players in the pre-season. Maybe it's a case of giving a rookie some live game action. But you know who didn't play: Malcolm Brown. When I first found The Fantasy Football YouTube channel, I debated with Smitty that Brown , not Hendy, was the back to own to handcuff with Gurley. Smitty convinced me otherwise and I jumped on the Hendy bandwagon. Took Henderson in the 5th round of one of my dynasty leagues as well. Now he looks like a player many have overdrafted especially in seasonal leagues. Smitty is taking a HUGE lap if he misses on this bold prediction. No scooter. He's taking a lap around that big mall in Tempe....TWICE!
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,616
    I don’t think Hendy needs to be a bellcow to produce RB1 numbers. Look at Kamara. You should trust McVay to utilize him. If you’re that concerned though, Malcom Brown is probably close to the cost of dirt right now
  • holdenbmxholdenbmx Posts: 144
    I laugh at the media who already has an opinion on Henderson after 6 carries. Wow, if all backs had to explode in their first 6 carries a lot of backs wouldn't be where they are today. A whole lot of backs get stopped behind the line when there are no holes to run through, after 100 carries we will be able to see an actual trend. Next game he takes 1 carry to the house, and their narrative is, the guy is under-drafted
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,616
    edited August 12
    holdenbmx said:

I laugh at the media who already has an opinion on Henderson after 6 carries. Wow, if all backs had to explode in their first 6 carries a lot of backs wouldn't be where they are today. A whole lot of backs get stopped behind the line when there are no holes to run through, after 100 carries we will be able to see an actual trend. Next game he takes 1 carry to the house, and their narrative is, the guy is under-drafted

Remember when Melvin Gordon went a full season without a TD and a 3.5ypc ?