fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Kareem Hunt value in draft picks

What is his value in 2019 draft picks? I have someone offering me the 1.7 for Hunt. He has Nick Chubb as well.

My RB's are Lamar Miller, James White, Damien Williams and David Montgomery.
10 Team PPR
Mahomes, Luck, Allen
Gurley, Hunt, White, Clement, Booker, RoJo (TS)
Alshon, Gordon, Tate, Funchess, Sutton, Hogan, Gabriel, Anthony Miller, David Moore, Zay Jones (TS), John Ross (TS), Curtis Samuel (TS)
Rudolph, Cook

Comments

• TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,066
    I'd rather have Hunt.

• HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 749
    edited August 9
    I firmly believe Hunt will be starting on another team next season. This stint with the Browns is just till the dust settles. I can see the Dolphins, Bills or Buccaneers signing him to take over RB1 duties. Those teams don’t have any elite RBs and I’ve noticed in my research if you aren’t elite you’re replaceable.

I have a lot of salary cap space in my auction keeper league - nobody is going to outbid me on Hunt. I see him being worth basically $1 in auction simulators but I’m gonna drop $5 on him, up to $10 if necessary. He’s going to be starting somewhere next year like I said and I want him.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,514
    I would see what it would take to get Chubb from him since you have Hunt! Pair those two up and your golden
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • bruceflashbruceflash Posts: 125
    That's exactly the draft pick value for Hunt. So it's a coin toss.
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,616
    I also think Hunt will be finding a new home as early as next year. I’d target Chubb or keep Hunt
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,626
    Hunt was signed for one year. Chubb is the guy in Cleveland. I say Hunt is the starter in a new uni next year.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • TBLTBL Posts: 803
    I would only move Hunt for a top 3 pick, otherwise he is a hold imo.
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 485
    Probably wont get anything for Hunt this year. Not for what he is worth. 100% hold em for 2020, could be a lottery ticket.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
    You get Hunt this year in a keeper league you have a top 10 RB guaranteed in 2020.
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,969
    Why would the Browns move on Hunt? They got him for dirt cheap. Dorsey is the gm who drafted him?

Why would the Browns move on Hunt? They got him for dirt cheap. Dorsey is the gm who drafted him?

Not only did the Browns get Hunt to sign a one-year deal that includes zero dollars in guaranteed money, but the contract also includes a roster bonus for every game during the regular season that he's active, which means, if Hunt gets suspended, he won't be seeing much money in 2019.

This is the equivalent of picking up a guy off waivers and trading him after he had a good week. It’s a one year deal - Hunt helps them during their hopeful playoff run and the Browns help him rehabilitate his image. At the end of this season he’ll be one year removed from the reason he got cut from Chiefs. He’s only 24 years old - that’s only 1 yr older than Chubb.
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 471
    I would take the 1.7 and then try to flip it for a future 1st. I think Hunt may have been partially a creation of that system. What if he ends up in Buffalo or some other poor landing spot? Take the pick
    Every “poor” landing spot can become a hot landing spot within the span of a year. It was this time last year the Cardinals and Browns were the bottom feeder wastelands of fantasy football. It can all change in a year. Talent is talent. A hot offensive minded coach can only do so much without talent.
  • chaindog35chaindog35 Posts: 471

Every “poor” landing spot can become a hot landing spot within the span of a year. It was this time last year the Cardinals and Browns were the bottom feeder wastelands of fantasy football. It can all change in a year. Talent is talent. A hot offensive minded coach can only do so much without talent.

Point taken. Hunt is a talented back and turns just 25 before next season. I just worry his value may not rebound as we all hope. Depends on how he looks this year.

Going off a non-Kareem Hunt tangent, I still think Arizona is going to be a bottom feeder wasteland. Hiring a guy who was fired by his alma mater in the Big 12 seems like a huge reach, but we’ll see. They have some talented guys, but that O-line still looks bad on paper. Maybe not as bad as Cincy’s, but not good.