fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Duke Johnson traded

swampiesswampies Posts: 3,514
edited August 8 in News
Duke Johnson traded to the Texans
Duke Johnson got his wish.

The Browns traded the veteran running back to the Texans, the team announced. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Houston will send Cleveland a fourth-rounder in the 2020 draft that can become a third-rounder, per a source.

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
SleeperU Forum Moderator
USA

Comments

• SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,902
    swampies said:

The Browns traded the veteran running back to the Texans, the team announced. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Houston will send Cleveland a fourth-rounder in the 2020 draft that can become a third-rounder, per a source.

I wonder if this was in any way already in the works prior to Foreman's release.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,023
    edited August 8
    Boom goes the Johnson.
    He should be drafted in all ppr leagues now.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • the_FULL_effectthe_FULL_effect Posts: 1,639
    I really like Johnson as a late round pick and Chubb feels like he's a good pick Amy time after the the proven Bell cows.
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 485
    Better for the Texans now!
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,626
    Miller better look out now boy...
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,514
    SMFFCN said:

swampies said:

I wonder if this was in any way already in the works prior to Foreman's release.
    It would be great if this happened earlier in the year so he had more time to jell with the team
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    edited August 8
    Texans traded a conditional 4th-round pick in 2020 that can become a 3rd-round pick to the Browns for running back Duke Johnson, per source.

Chubb is now a 3 down bell cow back and easily enters the 1st round in drafts.

On Duke Johnson, Jr.:
    • * Under contract through 2021
    • * Due base salaries of $1.8M, $3.6M, $4.65M
    • * Since entering the NFL in 2015, he leads all RB with 2,170 receiving yards
    • * Third in RB receptions since 2015 with 235
    • * Career rushing average of 4.3 on 299 attempts
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,508
    Interesting landing spot for him....a Duke in Texas.. Hmmmmmm.... Always been underated in my eyes.. We know he can catch but never really got a chance to run... 210 lbs ain't one of those simply tiny backs....miller is meh...he is getting there early enough to pick up the offense....I think the number for him to get rb2 numbers is 200 carrys. Can he get 200....hmmmmmm
    Texans have a pass catching rb now.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,514
    Deshaun Watson will benefit a lot from this trade
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • bruceflashbruceflash Posts: 125
    Now the Texans need a way to figure out how to get Trent Williams from the Skins. On a related side note, wonder if this will have any impact on Melvin Gordon since the Texans were the most likely trade destination based on fit and salary cap. Hope so. Zeke and Gordon holding out are really messing up my draft boards.
  • HellAtlanticHellAtlantic Posts: 749
    Texans was not gonna happen for Gordon. Lamar Miller is the 9th highest paid RB. If they didn’t cut him then Gordon was not gonna happen.
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,023
    swampies said:

good point @swampies
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • Jintsfan66Jintsfan66 Posts: 459
    I was just offered a trade of my 3.7 this year and a 2020 2nd.. little too much excitement for him now
    Team #1 QB - Watson/Ryan
    RB- L.Bell/Mixon/Coleman/L. Murray/ Armstead, Mattisson
    WR - Julio Jones/ K. Allen/Landry/Woods/Callaway, Kirk, A. Miller
    TE - Engram/ Kittle
    DEF - LAR

Taxi Squad: Guice, Singletary, Trubisky

Requirements: 1 QB/2-4 RB/1-4 WR/1-3 TE/1 DEF, 1 PPR

Huge news!.

swampies said:

good point @swampies
    IMO, Duke becomes the second best receiver on the Texans
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,616
    Dontrelle Hilliard next up
    WTCM said:

Huge news!.

swampies said:

good point @swampies
    IMO, Duke becomes the second best receiver on the Texans
    Right! And the best rb on Houston. Plus Miller wont be there next year 2020. Plus Duke Johnson is going to be league winner in 2019 when Miller gets hurt AGAIN. There is a lot going on for the Duke. His 2020 outlook shot up the rank imo!
  • bruceflashbruceflash Posts: 125
    @G_Men Hilliard won't be on any of my teams but he did have impressive combine metrics and college career.
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,616
    Yeah agreed.. he’s on the radar in deeper dynasty
  • RamosianoRamosiano Posts: 280
    Keke Coutee loses some value too...
  • RamosianoRamosiano Posts: 280
    Duke can run too... He had a lot of runs in College...
  • holdenbmxholdenbmx Posts: 144
    Love Duke, Mack is similar and finally Duke gets a chance...I see great things for Duke in a great situation.