fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

D Hopkins Offer

Fellas,

I received an offer for my Hopkins, the offer is JUJU and the 1.1. I agree it is a good offer but is it enough? A trade calc i was using said it was definitely one in my favor but it seems a little light. Reason being we don not know how Jacobs or D Montgomery will pan out as a RB1. Secondly, JUJU not a proven WR1 without AB.

what are your thoughts?
Team #1 QB - Watson/Ryan
RB- L.Bell/Mixon/Coleman/L. Murray/ Jamal Williams
WR - Julio Jones/ K. Allen/Landry/Woods/Callaway
TE - Engram/ Kittle
DEF - LAR

Taxi Squad: A. Miller, C. Kirk, Guice

Requirements: 1 QB/2-4 RB/1-4 WR/1-3 TE/1 DEF, 1 PPR


Comments

  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,403
    that is a fair offer, DHop is one of the most prover beastly players in todays game. He'snot old yet, as he just turned 27 - yet he has aleady played a lot of games already - 6 years in the leauge, and likely 3-5 more at a very very high level of play.

    He is under contract with a great QB throwing him the ball until 2022, yet his dead money cap hit is almost nothing after 2019.... DO the Texans know something> or is that just good team salary cap management?

    All of this points to Dhop being ELITE and top 1-3 WR for the next 3+ years, maybe longer as his style is more than just speed.... He's smart and crafty, he could play till he's 32-34 quite well.


    JuJu, were to start, I loved this kid in college, like a ton, then nobody drafted him high, nobody talked about him, and man did he surprise a lot of us.... His ability might be be thge next Antonio Brown, like the kid is good, he takes very little big hits, he's smooth on his feet, his RAC is outstanding. Big Ben is old, Big Ben may not be there many more years - will it matter that much?

    1.1 - well hello that is a big throw in for two elite WRs - you can go WR or RB and be quite happy, you could also move that pick down to 1.3 and gain some depth and still get a great player.


    What does the rest of your roster look like, and be honest with us, what does your team look like in comparison to the rest of your league - - - - this is a HUGE trade, with some of the biggest dynasty pieces you are going to negotiate for a while.


    Give us more info to get better answers - your roster, starting reqs, scoring, league size # of teams, top 2 other rosters in your league might be good for comparison IF you think you are a strong competitor. Other picks you have this year, so we know what other potetnial you have to improve you team, full dynasty, limited keeper, etc..... Read another thread on here yesterday where info came in trickle effects, and the answers morphed as the league and team info came in....
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,732
    @Jintsfan66 I agree with @Hawk12
    This is a fair trade. However, there are a ton of ways you can go. Let's see the team info and scoring and then dig in.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,453
    Sounds solid, my only hesitation would be what happens when Roethlisberger retires in next year or two?

    The 1.1 is a nice add.
  • Jintsfan66Jintsfan66 Posts: 429
    Hawk12 said:

    that is a fair offer, DHop is one of the most prover beastly players in todays game. He'snot old yet, as he just turned 27 - yet he has aleady played a lot of games already - 6 years in the leauge, and likely 3-5 more at a very very high level of play.

    He is under contract with a great QB throwing him the ball until 2022, yet his dead money cap hit is almost nothing after 2019.... DO the Texans know something> or is that just good team salary cap management?

    All of this points to Dhop being ELITE and top 1-3 WR for the next 3+ years, maybe longer as his style is more than just speed.... He's smart and crafty, he could play till he's 32-34 quite well.


    JuJu, were to start, I loved this kid in college, like a ton, then nobody drafted him high, nobody talked about him, and man did he surprise a lot of us.... His ability might be be thge next Antonio Brown, like the kid is good, he takes very little big hits, he's smooth on his feet, his RAC is outstanding. Big Ben is old, Big Ben may not be there many more years - will it matter that much?

    1.1 - well hello that is a big throw in for two elite WRs - you can go WR or RB and be quite happy, you could also move that pick down to 1.3 and gain some depth and still get a great player.


    What does the rest of your roster look like, and be honest with us, what does your team look like in comparison to the rest of your league - - - - this is a HUGE trade, with some of the biggest dynasty pieces you are going to negotiate for a while.


    Give us more info to get better answers - your roster, starting reqs, scoring, league size # of teams, top 2 other rosters in your league might be good for comparison IF you think you are a strong competitor. Other picks you have this year, so we know what other potetnial you have to improve you team, full dynasty, limited keeper, etc..... Read another thread on here yesterday where info came in trickle effects, and the answers morphed as the league and team info came in....

    Hawk12 said:

    that is a fair offer, DHop is one of the most prover beastly players in todays game. He'snot old yet, as he just turned 27 - yet he has aleady played a lot of games already - 6 years in the leauge, and likely 3-5 more at a very very high level of play.

    He is under contract with a great QB throwing him the ball until 2022, yet his dead money cap hit is almost nothing after 2019.... DO the Texans know something> or is that just good team salary cap management?

    All of this points to Dhop being ELITE and top 1-3 WR for the next 3+ years, maybe longer as his style is more than just speed.... He's smart and crafty, he could play till he's 32-34 quite well.


    JuJu, were to start, I loved this kid in college, like a ton, then nobody drafted him high, nobody talked about him, and man did he surprise a lot of us.... His ability might be be thge next Antonio Brown, like the kid is good, he takes very little big hits, he's smooth on his feet, his RAC is outstanding. Big Ben is old, Big Ben may not be there many more years - will it matter that much?

    1.1 - well hello that is a big throw in for two elite WRs - you can go WR or RB and be quite happy, you could also move that pick down to 1.3 and gain some depth and still get a great player.


    What does the rest of your roster look like, and be honest with us, what does your team look like in comparison to the rest of your league - - - - this is a HUGE trade, with some of the biggest dynasty pieces you are going to negotiate for a while.


    Give us more info to get better answers - your roster, starting reqs, scoring, league size # of teams, top 2 other rosters in your league might be good for comparison IF you think you are a strong competitor. Other picks you have this year, so we know what other potetnial you have to improve you team, full dynasty, limited keeper, etc..... Read another thread on here yesterday where info came in trickle effects, and the answers morphed as the league and team info came in....

    Great write up hawk, to be honest it’s not my team it’s a buddy’s and he won last year but in my opinion luckily.

    I will list his roster

    Team #1 QB - Watson/Ryan
    RB- L.Bell/Mixon/Coleman/L. Murray/ Jamal Williams
    WR - Julio Jones/ K. Allen/Landry/Woods/Callaway
    TE - Engram/ Kittle
    DEF - LAR

    Taxi Squad: A. Miller, C. Kirk, Guice

    Requirements: 1 QB/2-4 RB/1-4 WR/1-3 TE/1 DEF, 1 PPR


  • Jintsfan66Jintsfan66 Posts: 429
    G_Men said:

    Sounds solid, my only hesitation would be what happens when Roethlisberger retires in next year or two?

    The 1.1 is a nice add.


    Agreed
    Team #1 QB - Watson/Ryan
    RB- L.Bell/Mixon/Coleman/L. Murray/ Jamal Williams
    WR - Julio Jones/ K. Allen/Landry/Woods/Callaway
    TE - Engram/ Kittle
    DEF - LAR

    Taxi Squad: A. Miller, C. Kirk, Guice

    Requirements: 1 QB/2-4 RB/1-4 WR/1-3 TE/1 DEF, 1 PPR


  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 173
    JuJu will be a top 10 or better.
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,494
    There are far more questions with JUJU and the 1.01 both short term and long term than with Nuk.... it would take quite an overpay for me to give him up. The owner giving up Nuk is taking far more risk in the deal as it stands now.
  • Jintsfan66Jintsfan66 Posts: 429
    Hawk12 said:

    that is a fair offer, DHop is one of the most prover beastly players in todays game. He'snot old yet, as he just turned 27 - yet he has aleady played a lot of games already - 6 years in the leauge, and likely 3-5 more at a very very high level of play.

    He is under contract with a great QB throwing him the ball until 2022, yet his dead money cap hit is almost nothing after 2019.... DO the Texans know something> or is that just good team salary cap management?

    All of this points to Dhop being ELITE and top 1-3 WR for the next 3+ years, maybe longer as his style is more than just speed.... He's smart and crafty, he could play till he's 32-34 quite well.


    JuJu, were to start, I loved this kid in college, like a ton, then nobody drafted him high, nobody talked about him, and man did he surprise a lot of us.... His ability might be be thge next Antonio Brown, like the kid is good, he takes very little big hits, he's smooth on his feet, his RAC is outstanding. Big Ben is old, Big Ben may not be there many more years - will it matter that much?

    1.1 - well hello that is a big throw in for two elite WRs - you can go WR or RB and be quite happy, you could also move that pick down to 1.3 and gain some depth and still get a great player.


    What does the rest of your roster look like, and be honest with us, what does your team look like in comparison to the rest of your league - - - - this is a HUGE trade, with some of the biggest dynasty pieces you are going to negotiate for a while.


    Give us more info to get better answers - your roster, starting reqs, scoring, league size # of teams, top 2 other rosters in your league might be good for comparison IF you think you are a strong competitor. Other picks you have this year, so we know what other potetnial you have to improve you team, full dynasty, limited keeper, etc..... Read another thread on here yesterday where info came in trickle effects, and the answers morphed as the league and team info came in....

    His Roster: In my eye it is not really that strong, he got lucky in the playoff weeks with injuries and match ups of his competition but a win is a win
    Ben, Brees, Trubisky
    Kamara, Lindsay, Drake, Dixon, CJ Anderson, Duke Johnson
    Hopkins, Boyd, Foster, Hamilton, Washington
    Ebron
    Team #1 QB - Watson/Ryan
    RB- L.Bell/Mixon/Coleman/L. Murray/ Jamal Williams
    WR - Julio Jones/ K. Allen/Landry/Woods/Callaway
    TE - Engram/ Kittle
    DEF - LAR

    Taxi Squad: A. Miller, C. Kirk, Guice

    Requirements: 1 QB/2-4 RB/1-4 WR/1-3 TE/1 DEF, 1 PPR


  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,453
    Iceman said:

    There are far more questions with JUJU and the 1.01 both short term and long term than with Nuk.... it would take quite an overpay for me to give him up. The owner giving up Nuk is taking far more risk in the deal as it stands now.

    This was my point.. don’t see JuJu being as successful with a new QB. Nuk and Watson are locked in for the foreseeable future.
  • Towman27Towman27 Posts: 214
    I had the same problem trying to deal AB 2 or 3 years ago. Could never get the 3rd enticing piece to push me to deal. Sticking with a great situation felt better than a lesser WR and one lottery ticket.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,323
    Fair offer, don't over stress out. I would be quite content receiving that haul. And Montgomery will be a quality stud for years to come.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,350
    Damn.... I'm a lucky hopkins owner and I would have to sleep on that one.... Rosters aside it's a solid offer....id pass I think.. The 1.1 this year is a coin flip.... Juju although been a beast we don't know how he is gonna respond to a full season without brown... Lots of questions for me.. Watson to hopkins is a top 5 wr combo for the next five years.... Imo
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,853
    Assuming JuJu continues to produce the way he did last year, then this is probably a fair offer.

    That said, I’d have issues parting with the proven production of DHop (as mentioned a couple of times above) and even more so now that he finally has a QB. I would most likely hold onto the proven commodity and be happy with the elite year in and year out production I’d be getting.
  • Iceman said:

    There are far more questions with JUJU and the 1.01 both short term and long term than with Nuk.... it would take quite an overpay for me to give him up. The owner giving up Nuk is taking far more risk in the deal as it stands now.

    Very fair offer, but this is my thoughts as well. I would keep Nuk.

  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,494
    a

  • Jintsfan66Jintsfan66 Posts: 429
    Offer was declined but it was an offer that created a lot of discussion

    Thanks fellas
    Team #1 QB - Watson/Ryan
    RB- L.Bell/Mixon/Coleman/L. Murray/ Jamal Williams
    WR - Julio Jones/ K. Allen/Landry/Woods/Callaway
    TE - Engram/ Kittle
    DEF - LAR

    Taxi Squad: A. Miller, C. Kirk, Guice

    Requirements: 1 QB/2-4 RB/1-4 WR/1-3 TE/1 DEF, 1 PPR


Sign In or Register to comment.