fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

Zeke interest

boyzballboyzball Posts: 173
Found this info very interesting regarding who I believe (for the past 3 years)is the best back in the nfl. Zeke Elliot is about to finally take over the NFL in 2019 and here are some facts, stats, numbers indicate greatness is on the horizon for more years to come for the young durable workhorse!

Was reminded of this the other day looking at Ezekiel Elliott’s career stats when someone wrote the Cowboys should not invest in the two-time Pro Bowl running back long term, just like the Cowboys did not in DeMarco Murray back in 2015 when he became a free agent after his Pro Bowl 2014 season that saw him become only the second Cowboys running back to win an NFL rushing title. Huge difference here. Murray already was 27. Philly offered a five-year, $42 million deal, meaning he’d be 31 if he played out the contract. (Uh, he lasted one season.) Zeke won’t turn 24 until three days before the Cowboys leave for training camp on July 25. Also, Zeke has won the NFL rushing title in two of the past three years, and to find the last runner to do that takes you back to San Diego’s LaDainian Tomlison, who won back to back titles in 2006-07. Now, if Zeke is able to win the 2019 rushing title, he would become the first running back to lead the league three times in a four-year span since Detroit’s Barry Sanders back in 1994, 1996 and 1997. That’s 22 years ago, friends. Zeke is rare, and young. In fact, we have to go back to the NFL’s all-time rushing leader Emmitt Smith to find the last running back to win four titles in five years: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995. Before Emmitt, it was O.J. Simpson grabbing four titles in five years (1972-73, 1975, 1976). And obviously, Emmitt is the last running back to win three consecutive rushing titles, and that takes us back 26 years. The all-time longest string of dominance goes to Jim Brown, who won the rushing title in five consecutive seasons (1957-61) and seven in eight, only interrupted by Green Bay’s Jim Taylor in 1962. Hey, stock up. Feed Zeke.

Comments

• wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,547
    I traded to get him, and am stoked to finally own a share.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Rudolph
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, CWilliams, Cain, Cobbs
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 173
    Nice! =)
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,323
    Not a fan of the off field shenanigans. I traded him for Kamara straight up. Couldn't be happier. Zeke is a stud on the field, but the wear and tear is always an issue
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • MVPMVP Posts: 325
    Touchdowns will only go up. He's been as sturdy as they come. I want on field Zeke!
    MVP said:

Touchdowns will only go up. He's been as sturdy as they come. I want on field Zeke!

It happens, Zeke will be leading the league for the next what 5yrs!
  • MVPMVP Posts: 325
    boyzball said:

MVP said:

It happens, Zeke will be leading the league for the next what 5yrs!
    Next 5 years??? He'll be in a wheel chair by his 3rd year.
    Well its his 4th year now, so funny but it won't be funny when it all comes to fruition.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,323
    I read for the next additional 5 years also. I don't think he'll make it a this pace either.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,703
    I will have 2 shares of Zeke this year.

One share is in a D-League in which I drafted him as a rookie after having traded McCoy and Freeman to get 1.01 and McFadden.

The other share will be in a limited keeper league in which I won the round-robin tournament to get this year's 1.01. Actually, I own Zeke now, but, will drop him to keep Damien Williams at 15.01, Guice at 12.10 (probably) and Kerryon at 6.10. No point in keeping Zeke for my first round pick which is what he would otherwise cost. This strategy will allow me to keep 3 players instead of only 2. Instead of keeping Guice, I could keep Chris Carson at 9.01 or Penny, Cohen or Samuels each of whom would cost a pick later than round 9.

I am pretty stoked about watching Zeke tear up both of these No-PPR leagues
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, Luck, J. Allen, Carr, Rosen / RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Guice, L.Miller, D.Foreman
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, M.Williams, Foster, A.Miller / TE - Gronk, Gesicki, OJHoward, M.Andrews
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz