fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

New England Patriots

rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,210
New England Patriots
Fantasy impact for next season: Yeah Yeah the Pats

Tom Brady QB2– he lost Gronk. However, he has other weapons and unfortunately he’s a really good QB. You can do worse if you wait on QB’s he’ll be there in the later rounds

N’Keal Harry WR2 with upside – there is no telling how this will play out. Harry is big, strong and has a huge catch radius. Yes, the golden boy Brady will be looking for his bunk mate Julian Edelman most of the time in the beginning however, there is a chance that Harry makes some tough catches gains the confidence of his QB and WHAT IF he can take up some of the slack in the red zone since Gronk is gone? Lot’s of targets. In redraft if you can get him as your 3rd or flex WR that’s great value.

Julian Edelman WR2 solid – he only played in 12 games last year and was in the top 20. If he plays all 16 this year he gets top 12-15 for sure.

Phillip Dorsett/Dontrelle Inman/Demaryius Thomas – one of these guys has to emerge as a reliable target. I’m going to pick Inman more out of attrition than hope. Dorsett injuries and underachiever, DT 102 years old in football age may not hold up to many snaps per game.

NOT GRONK – stream who ever is starting if you have to but until the season gets into full swing we won’t know what the new look TE scheme for the Pats looks like without GronkSmash

James White/Sony Michel RB2 – PPR White should still be the higher scoring fantasy play. Both could put up respectable numbers again due to the way the offense runs. Remember, drafting a NE RB is a tricky proposition. Who’s going to be the guy this week. Thanks for nothing Hoody.

Rex Burkhead/Damian Harris – Not going to call them handcuffs. Not sure what to call them. Late round flyers for deep roster leagues or either/both of them could be next man up for White/Michel if the injury bug hits or if fumbles come into play. As implied above though the Hoody is not fantasy friendly so buyer beware.
"The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
Mod - Sleeper U

Comments

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,885
    No Flash?
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,340
    Gordon WR1
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,210
    WTCM said:

No Flash?

Correct no flash. Unfortunately.
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,054
    Harry replaces Gronk

Harry replaces Gronk

I have to believe that the RBs collectively will share the previous Gronk duties. Harry will get himself the deep balls. But I highly doubt he gets 1k out the gate
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,871
    WTCM said:

Harry replaces Gronk

I have to believe that the RBs collectively will share the previous Gronk duties. Harry will get himself the deep balls. But I highly doubt he gets 1k out the gate
    Gronk is coming back... I HOPE... anyway, I am holding him in hopes of that
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
    Don't see any 6'4" rbs in that backfield.
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 972
    We should hear something in camp in regards to NKeal Harry. I'd put the money on him, this guy is like Dez Bryant but way better. Damien Harris is a sleep as well. Sony's getting these knees checked all the time is scaring me away, his adp has dipped slightly.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 8,387
    Solid @rabidbucfan
    - Smitty
    SleeperU.com
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,495
    good looking team overview !

WTCM said:

Harry replaces Gronk

You have to say this pops, you own him in both your leagues.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,871
    edited June 26
    WTCM said:

WTCM said:

Harry replaces Gronk

You have to say this pops, you own him in both your leagues.
    N S S... ;) ;) ;)
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
    DST - Steelers / K - Lutz
  • cablejackscablejacks Posts: 486
    Pats ....Odds to win 2020 SB sitting around 7-1 its worth a few C-Notes
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,210
    Update 9/1/19

WR is the place to be. Yup Flash is back so now let’s see how long it lasts. Gordon/Edelman/Myers/Harry/Dorsett will all see action and can be on rosters from WR1 to flex in PPR
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • BDOBDO Posts: 92
    Excellent Take
    Only thing I’d like to add is watch out for Jakobi Meyers
    I think he could be a Sleeping Giant
  • G_MenG_Men Posts: 2,807
    Harry put on IR to start season.
  • swampiesswampies Posts: 3,579
    2019 first-round pick N'Keal Harry was expected to contribute right away but the New England Patriots will have to wait on the rookie wideout.

NFL Network's Mike Giardi reported Monday that the Patriots will place Harry on injured reserve with an ankle injury.

Giardi added that the setback is expected to be temporary as Harris is still projected to return at some point this season.

Harry had been limited by a hamstring injury during training camp and preseason. His only preseason action came against in the opener against the Lions on August 8; he played three snaps and had two catches for 36 yards, including an impressive 25-yard catch along the left sideline.

With Harry off the depth chart, the Patriots are still in good hands with Julian Edelman, Josh Gordon and Phillip Dorsett, among others, set to corral passes from Tom Brady.
    (I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Good news for Flash!
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
  • DT time.

It states Harris too? He’s not on IR is he?
    Harry is beat up. I'm not too sure this guy is a Brady receiver.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • JasJas Posts: 67
    First Gordon. Then Thomas resigns now he's on IR. Buried in Depth. That ruins a lot of hopes of the large Harry owners on this board.
    He’s a good dynasty player, unless something happens to Gordon I wouldn’t expect much from him later this year. A productive rookie WR in a Pats system seems an unlikely story to begin with, now add on injury and falling further behind.
    G_Men said:

He’s a good dynasty player, unless something happens to Gordon I wouldn’t expect much from him later this year. A productive rookie WR in a Pats system seems an unlikely story to begin with, now add on injury and falling further behind.

Yup
  • cablejackscablejacks Posts: 486
    lot of mouths to feed on this team…… Brown,Edelman,Gordon,D Thomas,Myers,Dorsett,j White,Burkhead,Bolden,D Harris & just maybe Gronk.........from week to week going to be tough to pick who gets what
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,439
    As much as I can’t stand this team, they should be really good... or maybe AB implodes them with Gordon. Time will tell
    edited September 9
    Brown, Edelman, Gordon and White will eat every week. Mix in the game plan games when Michel carries 25+ times.

I think Edelman targets lower down, and I’m not convinced Brown will be getting 9-10 targets a game. That’s not this system. Not even close to the Randy Moss situation. Moss had an entire offseason with the team and was a redzone beast.. and they had half as many talented players on the team. I say he’s a high end WR2. Lower than what his value is at this point in time IMO. Maybe I’ll be wrong.
    Personally this is the best thing for Josh Gordon having AB on the team which takes the extra coverage off him where he can be free in the slot and enjoy the extra looks from Brady. Next week in Miami we will see stupid fantasy numbers to where they might sit even sit Brady if it gets out of hand. I guaranteed someone gets fired from Miami’s organization. The question is who in the hell does NE decide who is their best player to shut down lol “0”
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    USA
    Not a good fantasy situation. Great problem to have in reality.
    Is NKeal Harry off the dynasty map? lol. They are going to trade him.
  • I wish they would trade him. There’s no way he’ll be a #1 or even a #2 WR on that team over the next few yrs.