fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

I have the BEST 2020 Mock Draft right here for ya! Get some!

Barkley Trade

DAXDAX Posts: 1,681
so i took over a team this year and saw i had a couple of 1st round picks. i looked to see the trade the bozo made last season and this was it.

he gave - barkley, 2019 2.05, 2020 3rd round pick.
he received - sony michel, damien williams, tyler lockett, 2019 1.13, 2020 1st round pick.
.

i couldn't have sony on my team so i traded him away.

i gave - michel, corey davis
i received - 2019 2.03, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd
.

bear with me. so before the draft the trades netted

my team gave - barkley, corey davis, 2019 2.05, 2020 3rd
my team received - damien williams, lockett, 2019 1.13, 2019 2.03, 2020 1st, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd
.

i took henderson at 1.13 and singletary at 2.03. he took damien harris at 2.05.

so this is what the trades from my team's perspective look like right now.

gave - barkley, corey davis, damien harris, 2020 3rd
received - damien williams, lockett, henderson, singletary, 2020 1st, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd


i like how my trade ended up but what do you think of the original trade he made offloading barkley?

Comments

  • Towman27Towman27 Posts: 262
    Ugh! How early are you projecting the two 2020 1st rounders?
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,681
    ugh is the word. the 1sts won't be early.
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,876
    Your trades were fine...his was horrible.
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,600
    DAX said:

    so i took over a team this year and saw i had a couple of 1st round picks. i looked to see the trade the bozo made last season and this was it.

    he gave - barkley, 2019 2.05, 2020 3rd round pick.
    he received - sony michel, damien williams, tyler lockett, 2019 1.13, 2020 1st round pick.


    wow, talk about pants-ing yourself, then leaving the next guy there with his pants around his ankles and no lube.... Man that 2020 1st better be 1.1 or 1.2 to get on eof those great RBs coming out next year.
    Xtreme said:

    Your trades were fine...his was horrible.

    Yeah I agree with this entirely, work your way out of the bad move and tough team. I have taken a fondness for taking over garbage dumpster fire teams in the last few years - Its such a challenge to turn it around, and so rewarding when it happens. Good luck, focus and make moves that make sense for your "plan" for your team
  • ReisssoxReisssox Posts: 775
    No idea why you people think the Davis and Michel trades were good. He drafted well with picks he got, but that trade was not good by any means. Granted the previous Barkley trade was absolutely horrible. Props for you to keep plugging though!
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,876
    The Michel and Davis trade was fine...it wasn't a good trade for him, but it didn't hurt him in the end. The Barkley trade was brutal.
  • ReisssoxReisssox Posts: 775
    Pretty sure that's what I said...we dont know if Singletary makes this ok either. Could be major bust if he doesn't. Hopefully he plans out as I have been buying him everywhere...
  • boyzballboyzball Posts: 1,224
    Job done well. I would have traded barks too. He's going to be facing a lot of 8 man fronts. But this is the key, NO DellBeckem Jr, yeah they dont have that man anymore drawing away double and triple coverages. Tate nor Sheppard dont scare and Ingram always hurt, The Giants aren't scarring anyone. This team is falling apart. Of course barkley is going to get his and be one of the top backs but I'd say he is not as good as last year because of the Beckem Jr trade to the browns.
    In this life you find something to live for and do it. If you can't find nothing to live for then find something or someone to die for dammit. ~ Quote from wise man ~
  • Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,600
    boyzball said:

    Job done well. I would have traded barks too. He's going to be facing a lot of 8 man fronts. But this is the key, NO DellBeckem Jr, yeah they dont have that man anymore drawing away double and triple coverages. Tate nor Sheppard dont scare and Ingram always hurt, The Giants aren't scarring anyone. This team is falling apart. Of course barkley is going to get his and be one of the top backs but I'd say he is not as good as last year because of the Beckem Jr trade to the browns.

    you know what happens when a great back faces 8 man fronts all the time, see Gurley 2 years ago - he rips long ass runs off right past alll the D at once from time to time.... Great back and so so blocking can still be effective with 8 man fronts, they make their own breaks and take 50 yard runs to the house
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,681
    Reisssox said:

    No idea why you people think the Davis and Michel trades were good. He drafted well with picks he got, but that trade was not good by any means. Granted the previous Barkley trade was absolutely horrible. Props for you to keep plugging though!

    Here's why I liked my trade.

    1 - I didn't want Sony on my team and having to roll the dice on whether he would be used any given week.
    2 - he wasn't gonna start for me. It's ppr and I have mixon and d Williams.
    3 - there was a good chance I was gonna get Henderson or singletary. Thanks to trading him away I got both of them. Plus more picks next year.
    4 - losing Davis hurt but I needed him to close the deal. I don't think he ever puts up wr1 numbers in that putrid offense anyways. Also I picked Harry with the 5th pick so I'm set at wr. Already have lockett and Godwin.
    5 - I'm not too concerned about winning my trades. My concern is getting rid of players I don't want and getting players I do want on my team.

  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,676
    edited June 2019
    DAX said:

    Reisssox said:

    No idea why you people think the Davis and Michel trades were good. He drafted well with picks he got, but that trade was not good by any means. Granted the previous Barkley trade was absolutely horrible. Props for you to keep plugging though!

    5 - I'm not too concerned about winning my trades. My concern is getting rid of players I don't want and getting players I do want on my team.

    We play to win the game. We trade to win the trade.... Ha ha
  • I think you took all the risk with both trades - getting rid of established players for draft picks. It looks like you hit on your picks so far, but if they bust.... ugh!

  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,681

    I think you took all the risk with both trades - getting rid of established players for draft picks. It looks like you hit on your picks so far, but if they bust.... ugh!

    I didn't make the Barkley trade, the bozo that owned the team last year made it. Late in the season as well.

    I'll find out next season if he was a genius or a dumbarse.

  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,876
    DAX said:



    I'll find out next season if he was a genius or a dumbarse.

    We already know what he was...
  • DAXDAX Posts: 1,681
    update

    so this is what the trades from my team's perspective look like right now.

    gave - barkley, corey davis, damien harris, 2020 3.10
    received - damien williams, lockett, henderson, singletary, 2020 1.12, 2020 1.16, 2020 2.12

    the guy he traded barkley to won the championship. from the #6 spot. that should have been my spot but this league uses conferences(i finished the 6th ranked team but i came 4th in my conference, he came 3rd in his) so i was out and he was in. can you believe that rotten luck for me and my draft picks.

    the good for me - sony was meh and davis is a non factor so my trade was fantastic. singletary looks great and i still have the 1.12 and 2.12 to improve on that.

    the bad for me - the barkley trade the previous owner made is still horrible. barkely was a beast in the finals, williams was useless, lockett ran out of steam in the back end of the season, i ended up with the last pick of the 1st round.

    i'll update after the draft to see who i end up with.
Sign In or Register to comment.