fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Against the grain with rookie te's

Micado16Micado16 Posts: 3
edited June 9 in Sleepers + Breakouts
I know rookie Te's don't produce quality fantasy production. But im keeping my eyes on Noah Fant AND Tj. Both are on teams without a true electric wide receiver.
From literally any Baltimore te to Calvin Johnson both Stafford and Flaco are known for taking chances in the red zone to the big guys. So even if they dont post huge yardage numbers I could see them having 7 to 10 tds as rookies.
If you dont get one of the top 4 (i am including OJ) ill be taking flyers on these guys for sure.

Comments

• KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 1,080
    Welcome to the forum, Micado16!
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,757
    Welcome aboard @Micado16 !!
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,234
    Welcome @Micado16
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • I definitely like the potential these two guys have, but Detroit couldn’t take advantage of Ebron (who broke out in Indy), so I’m disappointed in that landing spot.

• Thanks for chiming in @Micado16 - keep it up!

• TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,116
    First, welcome @Micado16. Great to have you.

I halfway agree with you. Put me in the Fant camp. TE's go to DET to die.

• WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,936
    Welcome to the forum, @Micado16
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Rmadrid86Rmadrid86 Posts: 146

I definitely like the potential these two guys have, but Detroit couldn’t take advantage of Ebron (who broke out in Indy), so I’m disappointed in that landing spot.

Honestly Detroit has never had a good TE. Sorry but Ebron ain’t all that, he had b2b 80+ target seasons with Stafford and all I remember was drop after drop. Look at his TD inflated stats with Indy last year. It took 110 targets for him to catch 60 balls and 750 yds? Nah sorry but I’m not holding any of this against Hockenson. Hock is hands down the most complete TE to hit the nfl in while Matty Staff and the coaches will find a way to get him the ball and even if he only sees the 80 targets Ebron saw I’ll bet on him producing. I’m in on Hock If he falls to me at 1.11 or 2.02
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,936
    Rmadrid86 said:

I definitely like the potential these two guys have, but Detroit couldn’t take advantage of Ebron (who broke out in Indy), so I’m disappointed in that landing spot.

Honestly Detroit has never had a good TE. Sorry but Ebron ain’t all that, he had b2b 80+ target seasons with Stafford and all I remember was drop after drop. Look at his TD inflated stats with Indy last year. It took 110 targets for him to catch 60 balls and 750 yds? Nah sorry but I’m not holding any of this against Hockenson. Hock is hands down the most complete TE to hit the nfl in while Matty Staff and the coaches will find a way to get him the ball and even if he only sees the 80 targets Ebron saw I’ll bet on him producing. I’m in on Hock If he falls to me at 1.11 or 2.02
    I could not agree anymore. Outstanding post.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Thx
    WTCM said:

Rmadrid86 said:

I could not agree anymore. Outstanding post.
  • Rmadrid86 said:

Good perspective, I’ll do some deeper research. I hope you’re right because I absolutely loved Hock pre-draft!

• OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,019
    Fant definitely could put up TE1 numbers. Scangarillo is the new OC & he came from San Fran.offense (George Kittle/Shannahan scheme). & Flacco loves the TE, targets to be had.

Rmadrid86 said:

Good perspective, I’ll do some deeper research. I hope you’re right because I absolutely loved Hock pre-draft!
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EbroEr00.htm

Here is the link to the stats I was referring to regarding Eric Ebron
  • wickerkat1212wickerkat1212 Posts: 1,821
    Coin flip on TJH vs Fant, but I did take Hock at 1.06 in my draft. I think he may not get the targets he should, but he'll be a red zone threat from day one. They didn't take him at the #8 pick to not use him. Fingers crossed. Fant will also do well.
    D3:
    QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
    RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
    WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay, Amendola, Meredith, Chark
    TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
    PK—Zuerlain
    DEF—Ravens

D4:
    QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
    RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
    WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
    TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
    PK—Gostkowski
    DEF—Rams, Jags