fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

Would you try for AB ?

CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,480
I have received several offers from the AB owner. He has asked for both of my ‘20 1sts plus other pieces for AB. I’m thinking of countering but also not sure i should. Here is my roster in my 12 team ppr league:

ARod, Mayfield
DJ, DCook, Henderson, Montgomery, Edmonds, Mattison, Ware, LMurray
MThomas, Woods, Ridley, MWilliams, Godwin, Hamilton, Foster, Samuel
Doyle, Herndon, Sternberger

His team:
Brady, Cousins, Mariota, Lock, Giants rookie qb
TColeman, Foreman, Fournette, LMiller, Thompson
Boyd, AB, Cole, Edelman, Watkins, Stills
Cook, Everett

Anyone see something that makes sense? Or just keep what I got? I feel like I have a great balance right now with this team. Open to ideas/thoughts. Thanks!

Comments

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,233
    Nah keep what you have. Looks solid and the 2 1st's for next year will allow you to reload
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • TheDudeTheDude Posts: 2,116
    2020 1st? That's like a mid-round second this year, right? Would you give up two of those type players for AB? Probably. On the other hand, do you believe the "2020 is going to be deep with talent" line?

I would rather have a proven talent in hand vs a promise of future, unproven opportunity. Of course, you need to believe AB will be this type of player in OAK.

• I would give up a late (9-12) 2020 pick and Samuel or Foster for AB, but that’s about it.

• XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,365
    I think you should be looking to upgrade TE first.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,480
    Xtreme said:

I think you should be looking to upgrade TE first.

Funny you mention that bc as I typed my roster, I thought the same thing. Will have to look into that.
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 1,594
    For a 12 man your absolutely loaded.. Deep team.... Your sitting on a gold mine with Rodgers and Mayfield.. I'm assuming u start just one.... Thats to much value your not able to start...

For a 12 man your absolutely loaded.. Deep team.... Your sitting on a gold mine with Rodgers and Mayfield.. I'm assuming u start just one.... Thats to much value your not able to start...

Thanks man! Yes, it’s a start 1 QB league. My thoughts are possibly trading ARod after this season to keep revamping. I try to keep a happy medium and so far it’s working in this league. I have another league that I just took on recently and it’s the other way... my first retooling team and it’s alittle bit of a challenge already, in terms of trying to trade but oh well. Part of the fun.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,936
    edited June 7
    Far cheaper to attain Boyd. And you'd be setup better for the future. Boyd for a 2nd rounder. You're fine at TE with the two you own
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

Far cheaper to attain Boyd. And you'd be setup better for the future. Boyd for a 2nd rounder. You're fine at TE with the two you own

I don’t see him moving Boyd since he’s rebuilding. Unless I’d give him younger players as well. I am pretty sure that’s why he’s trying to move AB.
    Then keep what you have.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    With as stacked as his team is, I wouldn't be fine with those TEs.
    Xtreme said:

With as stacked as his team is, I wouldn't be fine with those TEs.

I'd look to rid himself on a WR and a pick for a higher end TE, but Doyle will be a top 10 TE this year. I don't think he wants to lose a bigger piece ofthe pie to attain one of the big 3 TEs.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Some great points guys!! I was looking and Kelce & Ertz are rostered by owners that will want more than I will give (they’re also contenders imo). Kittle is on a team that I have had success with trading before. That said, he’s also the Gurley owner and he just messaged me today about working something for Henderson OR sending me Gurley. Wonder if I can work something for Gurley & Kittle.... 🤔
    I know we’re mostly in the no Gurley camp BUT Kittle is also an add here.... thoughts?
    CoolHand said:

Some great points guys!! I was looking and Kelce & Ertz are rostered by owners that will want more than I will give (they’re also contenders imo). Kittle is on a team that I have had success with trading before. That said, he’s also the Gurley owner and he just messaged me today about working something for Henderson OR sending me Gurley. Wonder if I can work something for Gurley & Kittle.... 🤔
    I know we’re mostly in the no Gurley camp BUT Kittle is also an add here.... thoughts?

I think I'd rather trade him Henderson than try to acquire Gurley...but don't sell cheap.
    I see little point in trying to acquire Gurley. Unless its for unless parts.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Xtreme said:

CoolHand said:

I think I'd rather trade him Henderson than try to acquire Gurley...but don't sell cheap.
    What are some other thoughts/opinions on possibly doing something like this? Trading Hendy to the Gurley owner... ?
  • I would give Hendy for Kittle and a little something.

I just sent this offer....

My Doctson, Ware, ‘20 1st late
    For
    His AB

He’s sent me numerous offers and I haven’t countered until now.... is this a dumb lowball counter by me?

@Xtreme @farfromhome @GuinnessIsGoodForYou @WTCM @Iceman
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,752
    Don't know that I would use your adjectives, I doubt he will go for that, would not be enough for me.
    Iceman said:

Don't know that I would use your adjectives, I doubt he will go for that, would not be enough for me.

Would you use better or worse adjectives? 😉
    CoolHand said:

For
    His AB

He’s sent me numerous offers and I haven’t countered until now.... is this a dumb lowball counter by me?

No counters are bad... I have and will always like offers....love that feeling of having an offer...u still have a 1st in it at least... Honestly if i was the other owner I'd counter with the original offer minus the "pieces" with the two 1sts from your first post... The art of negotiating....and if I was u I may consider...you would have to be the heavy favorite to win it all.... I like to win
  • CoolHand said:

For
    His AB

I agree with @Iceman - I don’t think it’s enough.

Would you move Hamilton & ‘20 1st for AB?

I’m having a problem just offering it bc Hamilton is an upside ppr player that I really like. What are some other thoughts?

@ffballgenius30 @farfromhome @GuinnessIsGoodForYou @Iceman @WTCM @Xtreme @Smitty @SMFFCN
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,752
    Personally I would, suspect it will not be enough. AB is difficult player in trades, those that own him want Pittsburgh Steelers value, those looking to get him know not to pay that price do to age and there is little trust in the Raiders offense getting AB the ball to the same level. You have the look of a very competitive team, doubt the 1st round pick will be very high. =) Hamilton has a new QB throwing to him also sounds like Sanders may be back sooner than expected. You have other nice upside WR's.
    CoolHand said:

Would you move Hamilton & ‘20 1st for AB?

I’m having a problem just offering it bc Hamilton is an upside ppr player that I really like. What are some other thoughts?

@ffballgenius30 @farfromhome @GuinnessIsGoodForYou @Iceman @WTCM @Xtreme @Smitty @SMFFCN

I would all day
  • Late 1st - easily. Early first - i would ask for more, but may still do it as is.

Late 1st - easily. Early first - i would ask for more, but may still do it as is.

I never sent the offer and he ended up moving him for 3 picks (‘20 2nd, ‘21 1st & 2nd)

• SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,967

Late 1st - easily. Early first - i would ask for more, but may still do it as is.

I would have agreed with this as well. Sounds like it's a mute point now though.
    CoolHand said:

For
    His AB

I always start off with low ball offers. Can't fault you. It's a for sure reject though.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: