fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Join me 1 HOUR before SUN Kickoff on my YOUTUBE Show... Ask questions live!

St. Louis Blues advance to Stanley Cup finals

chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,890
edited May 22 in Face Offs
I was 17 when they last went to a cup finals game. Went to game 1 against Boston. Saw Jacques Plante take a puck off his mask and lay motionless on the ice. I thought he was dead. Can't remember if I was at game 2... probably. We had been going standing room every chance we got.

Go Blues!!!

10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
- - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
DST - Ravens, Vikings / K - Lutz
12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
- - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
DST - Steelers / K - Lutz

Comments

• Congrats @chuckeycharles - Good luck with the next round!

• chuckeycharleschuckeycharles Posts: 5,890
    Thanks @GuinnessIsGoodForYou been a long time coming.

Hockey for a long time had been my second favorite sport. Now it is probably college hoops as I am a season ticket holder of the St. Louis University Billikens. But, football has always been and always will be my true love.
    10 Team Dynasty - All TDs = 6 / PassingYd = .04 / Rushing-ReceivingYd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonus
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - DST - K
    QB - Wilson, J. Allen, Carr, Stafford/ RB - Zeke, Kamara, DJ, Bell, D.Cook, Samuels, Mattison, Pollard
    WR - Hopkins, M.Thomas, AJG, Godwin, Boyd, M.Williams, AJBrown, Chark / TE - OJ.Howard, M.Andrews. Hockenson, Gesicki, Gronk
    12 Team Dynasty - TDs = 4-6 / PassingYd 25=1 / Rushing-ReceivingYd 10=1 / PPR / Bonus 3 at 300-100
    - - - - - - - - - - - Starting requirements = QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1FlexRWT - DST - K
    QB - Cousins, Trubisky, Darnold / RB - DJ, Ingram, K.Johnson, A.Jones, Crowell, JamaalWilliams, M.Davis, D.Harris, R.Armstead, A.Barnes
    WR - Hopkins, K.Allen, DK.Metcalf, Boykin, Westbrook, Humphries, DavidMoore, Cole, Sharpe, Baldwin / TE - Gronk, Walker, Gesicki, Hurst, V.McDonald, Dissley
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,936
    edited May 22
    I been a fan of the Blues ever since Gretzky played a short stint there. The double overtime loss to the Red Wings was just too much to bare. I can see this team defeating the Bruins if the rookie goalie can hold his own. It will be a grinding series though. Last time the Blues were in the finals Bruins HOFer Bobby Orr scored his most memorable goal, in black and white television back then. Should be a great finals.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    WTCM said:

I been a fan of the Blues ever since Gretzky played a short stint there. The double overtime loss to the Red Wings was just too much to bare. I can see this team defeating the Bruins if the rookie goalie can hold his own. It will be a grinding series though.

Not to the exclusion of the Habs... I hope @WTCM
    refresh i edited...

As far as my Habs go, we're in rebuild mode.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    @WTCM Maybe my all time favorite Hab was Yvan Cournoyer. Did not make it to 500 goals, BUT, man could he skate.

One of the few left from that era.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    edited May 22
    I have always loved the Habs... Beliveau, Cournoyer, LaFleur, John Ferguson, Gump Worsley, Savard, Laperrier
    edited May 22
    Richard, Plante, Morenz, Gainey, Blake, Harvey, Durnan, Dryden i could keep going. But the Canadiens need to create a new crop of talent rather than always looking back at a dynasty that will never be replicated.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    2 Richards!!! Maurice and Henri.

Maurice was the first player to score 50 goals in 50 games
    Blues are about to WIN THE CUP...

I hope!!!

Lead the Bruins series 3-2

I hope!!!

They blew a golden chance. Getting beat up 5-1 at home is not how you close. Now a game 7 in Boston? Title town might be hoisting another Cup again.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,019
    edited June 10
    Blues had their party scheduled. Always a jinx.

Just ask Martin Brodeur about making plans for party before it was over. Avalanche
    WTCM said:

I hope!!!

They blew a golden chance. Getting beat up 5-1 at home is not how you close. Now a game 7 in Boston? Title town might be hoisting another Cup again.

Blues had their party scheduled. Always a jinx.

Just ask Martin about making plans for party before it was over. Avalanche

YEP AND YEP

They SUCKED last night

Only solace is that they have played well on the road
    Game 7, 2-0 Bruins. Sorry @chuckeycharles but I read even the St. Louis paper even posted the Blues winning the Cup over the weekend. Not smart, it would only motivate my guess more.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Yup... locker room wall paper for the Bruins. Not too bright. But, I have come to expect that from the St. Louis media
    edited June 12
    @WTCM

I just saw on the CBSSN channel pregame some Bruins fan wearing a Bruins sweater, but, saying he is from Montreal

WTF????

Please hunt him down and BREAK HIS LEGS!!!
    Looks like the longest drought in NHL history is about to end. Congratulations @chuckeycharles !
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    YESSSSSSSSSS
    Thanks @WTCM

And seriously... find that Montreal TRAITOR and smack him in the head
  • Woohoo - Congrats!! I’m a lifelong CUBS fan and understand what it’s like to finally end the drought!!

Thanks Guiness and unlike most Blues fans I DO NOT hate the Hawks

I love the Blue Note... but, I have ALWAYS love the Blackhawks uniforms
    edited June 13
    BTW... I go back with the Blues to the very FIRST home game a 2-2 final. My best friend's dad got tickets. We sat in the top row behind the South goal. Eyes were burning by the end as they allowed smoking back then. Anyway, we had no idea what was going on, BUT, Larry and I knew we LIKED IT.

Larry has been my best friend since about the age of 9. POS just upped and moved a couple of months ago to Tampa Bay area where his grandkids live. We texted through the whole playoffs.

Larry and I had Football Cardinals season tickets for 17 years until they moved. We also had St. Louis University Billikens basketball season tickets which I am keeping. BUT, I wil be sending him BITCH texts in the fall if the Billikens don't learn to shoot free throws
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 3,019
    Congrats Chuckey!

Congrats Chuckey!

Thanks @OdellBeckhamSr

It was indeed a longgggggggggggggggg wait.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,480
    I was really surprised that they kept the mic live during the passing of the cup.... a lot of F-bombs... 🤣
    F in A
  • buffaloblizzardbuffaloblizzard Posts: 1,229
    Long time bruins fan. Loved the series, and year both teams had, hardest championship won is nhl cup. Congrats to the fans, good to see them win one, too bad it was at bruins expense.
    2017 NCAA sleeperu bracket winner. Changing lives one keystroke at a time.

Long time bruins fan. Loved the series, and year both teams had, hardest championship won is nhl cup. Congrats to the fans, good to see them win one, too bad it was at bruins expense.

There is only one Bruin that I despise and that is Marchand. So glad that he was the one who skated to the bench while Pietrangelo scored the ultimate game winner and completely changed the game from that point on.

I was hoping that the Blues would take a run at Marchand and get some boarding penalties.

Was a big fan of the 70s Bruins and was at the finals when a slap shot redirection laid Jacques Plant out on the ice. Bobby Orr is still my all time favorite player
    As a habs fan I detest Brad Marchand, but i'll admit.. I would love to have him on my squad any day.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this: