fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

Subscribe to The Fantasy Football Show.

This Trade Just Happened.......

Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,654
edited May 15 in Dynasty Only
This trade just happened in a 16 team PPR dynasty league. Team #1 was the Champion this past season.

Team #1 gave up Brown, Noah DAL WR; Core, Cody CIN WR; O'Leary, Nick MIA TE
Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.08
Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.12
Year 2019 Draft Pick 5.16
Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team #1 (most likely 1.14 to 1.16)
Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team #1 (most likely 2.14 to 2.16)
Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team #1 (most likely 3.14 to 3.16)
Year 2020 Round 4 Draft Pick from Team #1 (most likely 4.14 to 4.16)
Year 2020 Round 5 Draft Pick from Team #1 (most likely 5.14 to 5.16)

Team #2 gave up Manning, Eli NYG QB; McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB; Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR

I wanted to get some thoughts on this trade from non-league owners. I appreciate your thoughts.
SleeperU Forum Moderator

Comments

• CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,243
    Crazy imo.... cmc is worth more than what was given.
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 10,560
    Team 1 repeats
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 4,654
    edited May 15
    WTCM said:

Team 1 repeats

LOL..... No kidding. So, am I to assume that you would be Ok with the deal as a league owner?
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,598
    Not a trade I would do if I was team 2.
  • CoolHandCoolHand Posts: 7,243

WTCM said:

Team 1 repeats

LOL..... No kidding. So, am I to assume that you would be Ok with the deal as a league owner?
    Not a fair trade imo but how do you argue it? Can’t really... 🤷‍♂️
  • IcemanIceman Posts: 4,598

WTCM said:

Team 1 repeats

As a league owner, on just what we know, I would be disappointed. Would need much more damning info to say more than disappointed.
  • SMFFCNSMFFCN Posts: 1,878
    Traded two years worth of draft picks to land CMC. Personally, I'd prefer CMC but don't see any foul play or collusion (unless there's more we can't see) so it's a legit trade in my books.
  • This looks like another Heisenberg special
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz,
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman
    AJ Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Doctson, C Kupp, A Isabella, D Cain, A Callaway
    Kelce, V McDonald, Gesicki
    3 2020 1sts

Well, there is more to the story but I was just looking for input regarding the trade itself.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator

This looks like another Heisenberg special

^^^^ This ^^^^ And' i'm not even in that league.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 3,953
    CMC for nobody and 98 picks. Go to the winners circle again team 1.
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • XtremeXtreme Posts: 4,221
    I would be upset that I didn't make a better offer to the CMC owner before he accepted that one. I've seen worse trades before...everyone values players/picks differently, but in that trade he really needed to get a good player in the deal with the picks to move CMC (but that's just my opinion...and likely most people's opinion. The only opinions that mattered here are those of these two owners). I'd accept that it happended and move on.
  • tmoneytmoney Posts: 774
    The extremely unbalance in this league makes it tough for me to want to stick around. I seriously consider abandoning my team every offseason
    tmoney said:

The extremely unbalance in this league makes it tough for me to want to stick around. I seriously consider abandoning my team every offseason

Yep, that is my biggest concern unfortunately.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • Sorry fellas, but that is why I left when I left...
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex RB/WR/TE

Wentz,
    S Barkley, J Jacobs, C Carson, R Freeman
    AJ Brown, C Davis, T Hill, J Doctson, C Kupp, A Isabella, D Cain, A Callaway
    Kelce, V McDonald, Gesicki
    3 2020 1sts

Our dynasty league has switched to a different format. Full dynasty for 7 seasons. Then limited keeper (keep 2) to start a new 7-yr cycle. Teams that fall way behind have a shot with a reset (mostly) at the keep 2 year.

Sorry fellas, but that is why I left when I left...

LOL... that wasn't hard to figure out. :)
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • OdellBeckhamSrOdellBeckhamSr Posts: 2,958
    Definitely not a trade I would do as a Mac owner. Maybe its rookie fever or rebuild mode (Id want Mac in a rebuild?)

He definitely should have advertised he was selling McCaffrey. He would have received way better offers that what he settled on. Bad Salesman.
    Curious...what place did the CMC owner finish last season?
  • TripleThreatTripleThreat Posts: 183
    Late to the party but agree with all the others not a trade I would do. As much as the 1 team is getting several picks most of them are after pick 12 and in a 16 teamer your chances of hitting our lower. I can see if the picks were like top 3 for next 2 years but they are not. JMO!!!!
  • Piling on - McCaffrey’s side for sure!

Xtreme said:

Would it even matter? In fact the higher the pick the more i'd want to vomit.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Xtreme said:

The CMC owner is a new owner to the league this year and acquired CMC and the rest of his roster through a dispersal draft. He then traded CMC to team #1 almost immediately after the dispersal draft was completed.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
  • JKnighton_9JKnighton_9 Posts: 188
    edited May 16
    Damn so it’s CMC for 2 late 1st, 2 late 2nds and some junk picks and players. Yeah I would be disappointed as a league member.

Xtreme said:

The CMC owner is a new owner to the league this year and acquired CMC and the rest of his roster through a dispersal draft. He then traded CMC to team #1 almost immediately after the dispersal draft was completed.
    Is this new owner a personal friend of the #1 team?
    Xtreme said:

Xtreme said:

:+1:
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    That #1 team may have just doomed the league. If he's his friend this trade certainly looks like collusion...sorry for you guys. League integrity is important. I can live with owners making bad, lopsided trades (I've been on both ends of some myself). But collusion has no place in a league.

Xtreme said:

Xtreme said:

I'd bounce from that league.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    Xtreme said:

That #1 team may have just doomed the league. If he's his friend this trade certainly looks like collusion...sorry for you guys. League integrity is important. I can live with owners making bad, lopsided trades (I've been on both ends of some myself). But collusion has no place in a league.

Yeah, I have the same concerns about the league going forward and that was my reason for wanting input form people on this forum who's opinions I respect. Also, for those who are familiar with this league, Team #1 is not Heisenberg's team. I think that some who have commented in this thread have assumed that it was his team.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    WTCM said:

Xtreme said:

Xtreme said:

I'd bounce from that league.
    I'm a co-commish so that would be a shitty thing for me to do so I am hoping for some resolution on this matter one way or the other. I really appreciate everyone's input whether they agreed with the deal or not. It's nice to get a larger perspective from the outside looking in.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator