fantasy football bold predictions sleepers breakouts iheart radio the fantasy football show

The NEW SleeperU.com is here... Check it out!

Eagles Backfield

What’s the story on the Eagles backfield. Ajayi is on the out and Clement has 1 season left am I right? Adams seemed to do well in Ajayi absence last season then disappeared going into the playoffs. What do you guys think for the upcoming 2019 season?

Comments

• farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 2,047
    Please trade for Jordan Howard.

Signed,

Guy who bought Jordan Howard cheap hoping he would get traded
  • farfromhomefarfromhome Posts: 2,047
    Bottom line for me is if they don't make a trade whichever rookie rb they draft becomes the guy.... David Montgomery would be a nice pick
  • WTCMWTCM Posts: 13,393
    Well currently its hot garbage
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • I agree with FFH - they will draft a rookie RB in ine of the first 2 rounds. He will be the guy!

• Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie Posts: 5,454
    I'm not so sure that the Eagles will hitch their 2019 season to a rookie RB so I'm guessing they are looking in to someone like Howard or another established RB.
    SleeperU Forum Moderator
    The last time the Eagles running game was effective, (meaning a sole RB producing RB1 time numbers) was back in 2014. That's five years ago. When they acquired Demarco Murray. That was when the then OC was Doug Petersen. So I would prefer Howard sign with the Eagles and let a new rookie talent blossom elsewhere. Until Philly figures out how to produce a true RB1.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
    And by effective, I mean positive for fantasy purposes. Not YPC etc.
    I'm an asshole from:
    Montreal, Canada  image
    Also creator of this:
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan Posts: 4,906
    The eagles have a backfield huh who knew
    "The only place success comes before work is the dictionary" ~Vince Lombardi
    Mod - Sleeper U
  • The eagles have a backfield huh who knew

I haven't heard of anyone who knew that!

• Hawk12Hawk12 Posts: 3,600
    The Eagles do not have a RB signed that is getting over 800K - they have room on the roster and are likely taking a RB with one of their TWO 2nd round picks...

I expect a rookie to be mixed in with Josh Adams, Corey Clement, Smallwood, Pumphrey and Boston Scott (sneaky name to watch out for....) Yeah Lousianna Tech guy that has wiggle and may end up taking the last RB spot from Smallwood, Pumphrey is going to get cut, maybe Boston Scott if they get a solid draft pick.

Jeffrey, Ertz and sadly Agholor are 3 of the top 6 slaries on the team right now. Agholor isn't going anywhere at his price tag. so I expect Carson to take these boys and DJax out to his old hunting spot and do a QB /WR camp again this year like he did 2 years back. Last year he was rehabbing knee and couldn't go. That chemistry helped him a ton, and was missing last year badly. Carson is a timing QB, like Peyton and Brady. If he trusts his guys, and they do the right options and routes and are in sink with Carson (mentally), they are going to light it up....